• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] So were when is next festival,,,all gone quiet

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got heaps of stuff ready for sale .....were am i taking it all......

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well since everyones moving on selling their collections.. id say the next fest will have what... a dozen people attending?

games done.. throw your stuff on the ground to decay

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Collectors always come and go, it can be a very time consuming hobby. New collectors always rise out of the ashes.

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Collectors always come and go, it can be a very time consuming hobby. New collectors always rise out of the ashes.
I agree... Collecting is a hard hobby to get into because when you go to some of the bigger collector's museum's and see their collection. It sometimes get depressing to see such a large collection and you barely have anything. That's what i sometimes feel when i go to Olchers, Promathias, Manticore's and many many others. I've learned.... If you get into collecting just to say "I'M richer than you." or.... "My collection is bigger than yours"... that's the wrong reason to get into collecting.. I LOVE collecting.. the only good reason to get into it, is because you love it... you love spending millions... maybe billions on items you cherish. My dad.. many may know him... but he doesn't understand WHY i spend money on event items, yet he never figured out that... maybe.. just maybe... I love it.

This game may be dieing... but I'm staying until the very end.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so no shards actually pushing for the next festival??? what happened to baja's bid??

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah guys comon lets get the next fest on the road so to speak. im starting to jones for one myself.

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well we can have ANOTHER one on Atlantic!!!!! lol that was a good laugh, it was obviously a joke to all you Atlantic haters... lol
I would like to see that proposal of Baja, They have been derailed twice i think, maybe more.

Bon Iver

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Well we can have ANOTHER one on Atlantic!!!!! lol that was a good laugh, it was obviously a joke to all you Atlantic haters... lol
I would like to see that proposal of Baja, They have been derailed twice i think, maybe more.
Yea right... I'll be off to college, you can't do it alone, and Queen probably doesn't have the energy to do another after all the complaints about the last one he held.
If the EMs and Mesanna helped us out as much as they did the other shards, a nice fest could be held on Atlantic but it won't be Toad Town
hosting it if so. If anyone from Atlantic would like to throw out a proposal, please do so! (Promathia and [MM] perhaps...)

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yea right... I'll be off to college, you can't do it alone, and Queen probably doesn't have the energy to do another after all the complaints about the last one he held.
If the EMs and Mesanna helped us out as much as they did the other shards, a nice fest could be held on Atlantic but it won't be Toad Town
hosting it if so. If anyone from Atlantic would like to throw out a proposal, please do so! (Promathia and [MM] perhaps...)

Lol id love to host one, but it would have to be in fel

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol id love to host one, but it would have to be in fel

That would actually be a fun event for us to put on for the community. We have a bunch of people in the rares community with their backpacks full of donated rares, etc and their contest is to see who can stock the most items on their vendor before they are murdered or have them all stolen. There could be a prize for the one who stocks the most. The one who lasted the longest, etc. The reward for the thieves, pks, etc would be the loot and getting to screenshot the death of some of the most well known collectors.

I think that it would be a blast and would be hilarious on both sides. Would be a good way to reach out to the fel residents and I bet if advertised enough in advance that you would get hardcore fel'rs to transfer over.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would love to see another Asian shard host one, Yamato? . Just a thought, anyway I thought Baja was gonna host one in the fall. If no one steps up maybe I will do one in the fall on Pac.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Baja????? its time??

otherwise pacs as made a move.......

btw ...with Mesannas help a felluca event would be a easy do....obvoiusly fel rules outside of the event camp....sounds a pretty good idea....may breath a little life into the unused space

O

Ozzmandias

One day, one day I'll see one on Europa...

Damn ET for leaving, he's about the only person people knew well enough to host it.

You hear that ET!

Who was planning on hosting from Baja?

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We had one once on Europa Ozzy but it got a bit of a bad feeling cause there was a problem with vendor housing.

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
That would actually be a fun event for us to put on for the community. We have a bunch of people in the rares community with their backpacks full of donated rares, etc and their contest is to see who can stock the most items on their vendor before they are murdered or have them all stolen. There could be a prize for the one who stocks the most. The one who lasted the longest, etc. The reward for the thieves, pks, etc would be the loot and getting to screenshot the death of some of the most well known collectors.

I think that it would be a blast and would be hilarious on both sides. Would be a good way to reach out to the fel residents and I bet if advertised enough in advance that you would get hardcore fel'rs to transfer over.
Assia that was so funny-I laughed all afternoon-Actually still laughing- I think it some food for thought for an EM event

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If no one steps up I will do one on Pac in begining of November.

blend

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I recommend the baja, their proposal has not been?
If there is no work. I think PAC is good :)

Queen Arya

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Don't let to much time go between festivals- I fear the newer collectors will loose interest- keep them pumped up
Plus its always nice for the rest of us to get together and have a lil fun drooling over others collections. O wait thats what I am currently doing at Manticores & Lady Wars event today!

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Arya, glad to hear you are having fun.

If the Baja people don't step up, I would vote for Blend and Shu Shu to run an event again. Asian EMs have been very active during this past year and their items are highly coveted by their players which is why we don't see them often. This is a healthy sign for rare collectors as a profession in general. Just as we are having hard time to see their goods they are probably thinking of the same thing with our goods. Having people to run a festival that can speak the languages will bring both hemispheres together once more. All I can say is if Blend and Shushu and Linemen will run it again i would expect no less than 30+ billion in rares exchanging hands.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Since WarderDragon is not stating the reason that BRPA of Baja is choosing not to participate, I will.

We have made the effort three times in the past to host it. I don't recall the circumstances of the first time. However I remember the second and third times. The second time our bid was pushed back because it was too close to another Rares Fest. The third time we thought we had an approved bid, only to be asked to step aside so another shard could host it, which we did. In addition, we were accused of not reminding people often enough, because we were not posting about it. We are not going to put ourselves out there again given the past history of our previous attempts. We do appreciate the support of the members of the community that have spoken up for us in the past.

Another group on Baja may choice to put on a Rares Feast at some day in the future, but BRPA will not be involved in the planning.

WildStar. BRPA

Last edited:

blend

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks Arya, glad to hear you are having fun.

If the Baja people don't step up, I would vote for Blend and Shu Shu to run an event again. Asian EMs have been very active during this past year and their items are highly coveted by their players which is why we don't see them often. This is a healthy sign for rare collectors as a profession in general. Just as we are having hard time to see their goods they are probably thinking of the same thing with our goods. Having people to run a festival that can speak the languages will bring both hemispheres together once more. All I can say is if Blend and Shushu and Linemen will run it again i would expect no less than 30+ billion in rares exchanging hands.
Manticore.Thank you for your nomination.
I am Thinking in the Future one of Asia.
At the moment. Hokuto or Wakoku as a candidate Shard
it is spring of 2013.

So, i favor go to the next pac =P

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
whooooo spring 2013...wow are these yearly now?? is th egame in such poor shape..worse than i thought i guess

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
whooooo spring 2013...wow are these yearly now?? is th egame in such poor shape..worse than i thought i guess
Do you read? They want THEIRS in 2013, but Lineman already offered to host one for November if no one else steps up.

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will wait to Sept 1st to see if Baja or anyone else steps up, if not I will make it official for a early November Pac fest.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
cool.. dropped to .twice yearly then...still ok i guess.........go Pacs go......

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I will wait to Sept 1st to see if Baja or anyone else steps up, if not I will make it official for a early November Pac fest.
*Pokes Head in*

Lineman.....Q me

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Ill send ya shout this weekend, (hopes your interested in heading up the entertainment end of things and leave me with vendors and silent auction) =).
*Attempts to pull a Rabbit out of his Mage hat*

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After some thought about this I have decided not to host event this fall. My reason is that I am 100% convinced that there is a gold dupe out there right now. The rares economy has skyrocketed within the last year. Items that used to sell for 50-100m are now fetching 300m plus. it is because there is so much gold out there. Transfer tokens have just about tripled as well. I am sure I will get allot of naysayers with the old argument that a few large collections have sold within the last cpl years but I believe it goes well beyond that. And I myself have not helped by bidding up on a few items well beyond there worth, but the reality is if it is a nice item you can expect to do that if you want a chance at it.

So with that being said I really don't feel like putting weeks of work into something so some dupers can come and buy all the high end items. Untill Mesanna and crew start some mass bannings I am done with hosting or running auctions.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After some thought about this I have decided not to host event this fall. My reason is that I am 100% convinced that there is a gold dupe out there right now. The rares economy has skyrocketed within the last year. Items that used to sell for 50-100m are now fetching 300m plus. it is because there is so much gold out there. Transfer tokens have just about tripled as well. I am sure I will get allot of naysayers with the old argument that a few large collections have sold within the last cpl years but I believe it goes well beyond that. And I myself have not helped by bidding up on a few items well beyond there worth, but the reality is if it is a nice item you can expect to do that if you want a chance at it.

So with that being said I really don't feel like putting weeks of work into something so some dupers can come and buy all the high end items. Untill Mesanna and crew start some mass bannings I am done with hosting or running auctions.

Im pretty sure there isnt a gold dupe. From what I gather, since gold prices are so low, gold sellers are buying rares instead and then selling THEM for cash.

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im pretty sure there isnt a gold dupe. From what I gather, since gold prices are so low, gold sellers are buying rares instead and then selling THEM for cash.
Promathia, in the past i agreed with you 100%. But here i have to dis-agree. I'm not gonna mention any names, but one of my friends recently got banned for gold duping. We had NO IDEA he was doing this until the truth came out, Mesanna was in on the investigation until the very end. There is currently a gold dupe out there, and all i have to say is... If anyone here is using it... I am very disappointed in your character as a whole, it's a shame no one can play this game anymore without cheating.

I struggle buying rares anymore, I'm ALWAYS low on gold, and can never get anything at events. And yes, it is oddly suspicious all of these people out of no where come up with billions upon billions, buying EVERY SINGLE AWESOME item after another. It's depressing if you think about it. All of these people who play the game fair, try their hardest to earn gold, and your pushed away by dupers. It's sad.

So i agree with you Lineman, it's a waste of time to do it when the only people who actually get any fun out of it is the dupers. Many may also disagree with me, but i know for a fact there is a gold dupe out there, and i know for a fact some are using it. I know this 100%. I don't know who, I don't know how, but if you look.. It's obvious.

Last edited:

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Alexander for backing me up on this. I knew about six months or so ago when I read a post about someone releasing packies full with 124 m in checks on them in New Haven. And your right they take the joy out the game. I guess one way that may help is if we all start not taking private bids on items. I think that may scare away some of the obvious guys who throw gold around like it grew on trees. Hopefully Mesanna is working on this because I think allot of us here who follow these forums can rightfully say enough is enough. Because it is sad when you have to sell half your collection away to buy some of the newer high end items.

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A few rares collectors seems to have unlimited amounts of 5.0 scrolls too lol.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well the whole rares business stinks of fish pie of late..items have gone up 10x there real value and yet people keep payng paying paying....

''stinky fish pie i tell ye''

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for sharing this information with us Alex, and as i said in the other thread i shared my suspicions along with Lineman but didn't want to point the finger as couldn't prove anything so that info helps alot.

And what type of fish is in this pie THP? :p

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is not the first time gold has been duped since the start of the game. But the results are the same, one more nail in the coffin
of the game we enjoy to play. Hopefully this new dupe is only gold and the people in charge of the game can stop it. I can't blame
lineman or anyone else for not wanting to hold a rares event with this going on at the momment.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not as simple as you might think. In some ways it never went away other than the focus has changed which is cyclic in itself. But since Linemen brought it up, it is always good to educate the mass before they go into an unnecessary frenzy. Here are reasons why we have seen a lot of traffic in buying/selling of rares and the unnatural inflation of their prices. There could be more but these are my educated guesses and I am pretty educated hehe.

Gold dupers indeed may have decided to start buying rares but to what purpose no one knows. They could be collecting themselves or could be duping them. People who engage in illegal activities often enjoy the finer things in life as well. And by not having a rare festival will slow them down but will not stop them. Yes, they may not show up on the boards but that will not stop them from using regular community members to bid for them then make a small % profit on top of that.

Resource harvesters have stockpiled billions of gold over the years and recently have decided to start collecting rares. When you run out of space to hold gold and seeing the price of gold going down any smart person would think of ways to liquidate their currency and reinvest in things that will rise alongside of inflation. This is done in real-life situations all the time. Price of the buck goes down, you start buying land LOL.

Price of gold has dropped to the point where it is easier to use cash to buy gold then gold to buy rares since cash transactions are not allowed in game. People who are doing this are reselling rares to other cash buyers for a mark-up. Don’t forget there are many rare collectors who never visits these boards and relies on their suppliers to buy then resell it to them. Since they only deal in cash they may not understand the current gold economy, i.e. if they are used to spending 50 bucks on a rare then they don’t care how their suppliers get them as long as they are still paying 50 bucks per rare. However, for the suppliers, before for 40 bucks they can buy 120 mils now they can buy 200 mils which gives them a new buying power. Sellers see this and while the starting price use to be a wet-dream has now become a reality. If you were the seller and people were hitting your buyouts left and right of course you would raise it higher each time to test the waters. However, there is always a ceiling and overtime things will readjust itself. After all, gold can’t drop below 0 cents per mil LOL.

Bottom line is, should these reasons prevent a rares fest? I myself think "no" because look at it this way, if they have already bought to dupe then prices will go down and pop up everywhere at the festival which in itself will tell us what items to stay away from. If they do buy things up it will expose them so we'll know who they are as long as each bidder must add their ICQ # against their bids etc.. so ether way we'll know. Also, Mesanna and her team are constantly hunting these people down and we hear evidence of that with banning here and there. Those who are careless will get caught and banned and those who are carefull well they have been around for over a decade so their presence should not be the cause for any panics since they've always been there. Only naieve people will believe they've never existed.

Last edited:

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mant I disagree, why would any collector who gets there gold legally want to attend a event like this any more when they know full well that they will not have a chance at anything decent. Hell I had to spend the brunt of my gold from two collections to buy a cpl items. It has gotten way out of control. The only thing for us now is Holliday items or items that have been duped in the hundreds unless you get lucky. Let the dupers host the next fest because there the only ones who are gonna benefit from the hard work. I used to enjoy being part of them because everyone had a fair shake at items but that has changed. The fact of the matter is something has to-finally be done about this for allot of us, and if we keep looking the other way and not demanding action we are killing this community.

Last edited:

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mant I disagree, why would any collector who gets there gold legally want to attend a event like this any more when they know full well that they will not have a chance at anything decent. Hell I had to spend the brunt of my gold from two collections to buy a cpl items. It has gotten way out of control. The only thing for us now is Holliday items or items that have been duped in the hundreds unless you get lucky. Let the dupers host the next fest because there the only ones who are gonna benefit from the hard work. I used to enjoy being part of them because everyone had a fair shake at items but that has changed. The fact of the matter is something has to-finally be done about this for allot of us, and if we keep looking the other way and not demanding action we are killing this community.

That would be funny to see the dupers put up a festival. There will be hundreds of the same items for bids lol.

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree with both of you in a way. The thing is, here is what I put up with... constantly. I'm ALWAYS low on gold, i only have 25-100mil in my pocket.. at a time. I never get event items at events, since the new system, people are abusing the new system as well. They have multiple accounts, going to the events. Same template, same skills, same point damage. They get multiple event items, and keep them. When you have 5-10 people doing this, us who have one account, and one character, won't get ANYTHING.My template is beast, I've spent over 150mil redoing my template/armor, I haven't gotten an event item on Atlantic in 2 years. I've gotten multiple event items on Great lakes, before the new event item system. I ALWAYS have to buy my rares, or do these miniature events like the ones Manticore hosted. I LOVE Role playing, and those type of events are the only ones i can actually get a drop at. The only event item I've gotten on Atlantic within the past 6 months, was the Juror robe. And honestly, I wasn't even expecting to get a drop at the trial. It was only Role playing, and i got rewarded.

People like me, won't have a chance at the rares fest when gold dupers are around. My measly 100-400mil (depends if I can save up) won't have a chance, I will only get the scraps.

And to all those people who are giving Manticore heck, back off. He hasn't done ANYTHING wrong. ALL the rumors.. all the crap... isn't true. Just gossip. I'm tired of people dissing good people. Manticore has done so much for this community and now people are either complaining or spreading false rumors. Just... Let... It... Go!

I'm not posting to complain, or anything like that. I'm not rich, or well off in gold like most. So I'm posting what people like me have to put up with every day. Honestly, I don't go to events just for the Event items, I go for mostly the Role Playing. I LOVE IT. But you know, I feel us true RP'ers should be rewarded for the amount of work we put into it as well. So ya, a few event items here and there isn't to much to ask for in a since. Just ask Promathia LOL.... Him and I were all over the "Exodus" Story Arc... It was fun, and thats basically the only reason why i go to events anymore, is for the role playing and doing that with my friends. :)

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well i understand both sides of this , i didnt know there was any new gold dupe, but i have seen a recent spike in prices of many items such as transfer tokens and such, and ive been pretty vocal of my disdain for the rapidly raising prices of event items.and just like alexander im not rich by any means, yes i have a mag house on atlantic that when fully stocked can make 100+ mil per week but it takes a LOT of work to do so, and yes i have purchased gold for cash on some occasions when i just dont have enough gold to buy a item that my mom and i really want. most of the time we goto people we have dealt with for years and quite a few of them are members here.i dont see that as a bad thing it helps some of us who cant make billions real quick, the only other way i make some gold on is the fact that between me and mom(lady storm) we have 46 accounts so yeah events like the 15th gifts are great for us but are still a hell of a lot of work(try logging in and collecting over 5000 gifts...yeesh). we use this to buy items for our collection, and yes we have like 3 castles stuffed with junk to show for it but nowadays you can probably ask manti to bring out like 5-6 items with a combined value more then everything we own.i dont know how to script even if i wanted to heck i have a hard time doing a simple macro on assist to bandage my warrior for petes sake.now alex try events on origin and a few other shards usually theres not a lot of ppl there and ive even managed to get a couple of event items over the past year..not many but i dont have any decked out charicter my main warrior is a sampire minus the pire part(no necro).. so dont give up hope on it. as for the rares collecting unless i see an item i feel is worth while to buy im kinda staying out of the rares market till it can stableize just a bit