• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

so they gave up on old forums??

G

Greatfellow

Hey, I don't see "Temporary" any more associated with these forums. Did I miss an announcement? Or? Just like to know if all our old posts and profiles are now officially abandoned. Thanks.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No they're not abandoned. Quite the opposite. I'm not one of the techies in the know, but it's my understanding (which could be wrong of course) that the dropping of the 'temporary' means they're close to getting the posts and user databases imported.

T

Tazar

From the information I have, this will be the new format for the Stratics forums. The recovery of the old data is still progressing and I believe that some of the forums data is currently being integrated into this new format (not necessarily the UO section though). This is a fairly painstaking process and please remember that there were numerous forums on the Stratics network - all of which were affected.

The experts are working on it!

T

Tazar

and professions... I really miss some of them...

I think part of the reason is the overall work load would increase. This set-up is still temporary, and I would think that those forums would come up faster once the data recovery is complete. It will just be a case of import rather than import/integrate.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play it. Why dont you? Is your computer too much of a POS or are you just stuck in the past?
I just can't get used to everything :(.. And for me - it's harder to target mods in crowds.

I also do not want to learn this game all over again.. :(

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I play it. Why dont you? Is your computer too much of a POS or are you just stuck in the past?
LMAO, Check her post history, all the screen shots I saw were in 2d. lmao that made me laugh.

N

NewThunder

There are many reasons that players have not migrated over to KR that have nothing to do with being stuck in the past. Perhaps next time when they set out to design a new client they will have the focus group before the client is launched, rather then after and it has already failed. The biggest reason I won't switch to the KR client is that it was poorly designed and executed, why reward EA for the way they handled the new client.

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LMAO, Check her post history, all the screen shots I saw were in 2d. lmao that made me laugh.

i'll admit i use 2d as well. only when i banksit and deco. i do have kr screenies kicking around.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1W-eLj5hjQg

theres me doing a grizzle in kr. and i 90% hunt on it.

i havent been playing it long either. about three months since I up upgraded to a better laptop. ;)

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You must not pvp much...

I dont understand what that has to do with anything?!

I pvp daily and thats all I do...but some of you newbie pvprs make me sick with these stupid comments. Its what gives pvprs a bad name...trashy.

_zigzag_

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey, I don't see "Temporary" any more associated with these forums. Did I miss an announcement? Or? Just like to know if all our old posts and profiles are now officially abandoned. Thanks.
To bring this thread back on track and all.... :D

The plan is still to import post and user data to these forums. That plan is closer to becoming a reality today than it was yesterday, but we still have no solid ETA on when it will be completed.

The 'Temporary' being removed is nothing to cause alarm. It's been stated many times we are keeping vBulletin, so these are indeed the Stratics forums :)