• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So, Savage Empire. Eodon. Time Travel. Ultima.

Guns?

• Yes

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Another yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You know years ago I was EXTREMELY opposed to having guns in UO... However I could agree to it given that we now have cannons on ships... guns would be the next best thing... how they could do it correctly I don't know but then would that require another skill or would it work much like the fire horn and just be something you can shoot a few times and have to get more stuff?

Difficulty in maintaining it..... slow to reload might make it a "boost" that you could use once or twice in a fight but wouldn't really "rely" on it.. etc...

Or make it another class of fighting.... but then what would it's specials be??? Kinda a difficult question there. If it were something anyone could use I think you would have to restrict it to only being able to carry 2 guns at max..... otherwise if you only limited it in reload time I could see someone carrying 20+ of these and that being unbalancing.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
There are enough ranged fighting options in UO. If anything, they need some better melee weapons (probably an entirely different topic, but just saying).

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't think I want to see guns in UO at this time and this is why..

#1. The sounds of gunfire would be rather annoying at any event (if its added properly) Imagine 20 bards all beating flutes on the same screen for a hour... just louder.. ugh..
#2. We have tons of useless weapons already. I would rather see those weapons get more modern TLC before adding new weapons.
#3. I would not want to see them added without the time devoted to making the graphics and animations for the use of it realistic. Nothing Irks me quite like using a lance that never does anything other than stick straight up in the air. I would rather see other weapon animations revamped before adding a new one.
#4. Its no secret our devs are crazy busy. There are so many things in the game I would rather see repaired or revamped over rush adding a rifle for lore purposes and nothing more.

Just my two cents.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't think I want to see guns in UO at this time and this is why..

#1. The sounds of gunfire would be rather annoying at any event (if its added properly) Imagine 20 bards all beating flutes on the same screen for a hour... just louder.. ugh..
#2. We have tons of useless weapons already. I would rather see those weapons get more modern TLC before adding new weapons.
#3. I would not want to see them added without the time devoted to making the graphics and animations for the use of it realistic. Nothing Irks me quite like using a lance that never does anything other than stick straight up in the air. I would rather see other weapon animations revamped before adding a new one.
#4. Its no secret our devs are crazy busy. There are so many things in the game I would rather see repaired or revamped over rush adding a rifle for lore purposes and nothing more.

Just my two cents.
You should watch throwing your arrow in the EC... if you want to talk about #3... Watching my character throw arrows at people is annoying. Though at least he doesn't "pop" up off his mount when he does it anymore.