• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So... Parizad thinks she can be funny?

• Thread starter Fire Dragon
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
F

Fire Dragon

I think not.

You really think that store owners are totally oblivious to be screwed over by EA and their reps in recent months?

Promises made, never kept. Now when we would like to enjoy the last few moments in game, we have to put up with more crap from the reps.

Sad really.

A

ajdown@jp

She has never been funny. I have never liked her or her attitude. I hope not to have to run into her again in my online gaming.

R

Renee TSO

I liked all the messages! That message was the best and i have to agree it had good timing. I stoped being sad!

Thanks for the messages ; )

N

n'awlins

Ok, so for those of us who had to log off before the end. Can someone give the general gist of the messages?

C

Cinnamon

So how many people are sitting on the login screen wondering if by some miracle the game will come back up after maintenance?

B

boggslane

Ok, so for those of us who had to log off before the end. Can someone give the general gist of the messages?
in game message at 7:31 AM, EDT
-------------------------------
Broadcast to EA Land
Subject: Last Call!
Game over.

You win!

S

SimSimma

So how many people are sitting on the login screen wondering if by some miracle the game will come back up after maintenance?
If the game is now shut down WHY would they be perfoming maintenance??:next:

S

Spaghetti Legs

in game message at 7:31 AM, EDT
Broadcast to EA Land
Subject: Last Call!
Game over.

You win!

I happened to hear earlier what the last message would be and it cracked me up even then! My husband, back when I played practically non-stop, was always asking me, "Have you won yet?". :) Well, as Gracie pointed out, "I just wanted to make it till the servers shut down" (paraphrased). I had that same goal.

I'm sorry some of you didn't find it humorous. That's a shame. I think what would have been sadder is if there were no devs/reps around that cared enough to give any messages at all.

C

culbert123

Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion on what is humorous, but I have always found Parizad to be pretty darned funny.

Thanks for the screenies, TootieChickenShorts! :hug:

J

Juniper Skye

Good job cathing those Rita! I got all teary eyed when I saw "game over you win"

::grabs tissue::

A

Aster

Thanks for the pictures, Rita. I couldn't stay to the end, even though I always thought I would.

The only thing I can say about the messages is that having them come with Parizad's name on them in the closing moments made the ending be about the player, TSO AND Parizad. And there are players out there who would have preferred that the ending be about just the player and TSO. If I had still been online at that part, I'm pretty sure that I would have wanted Parizad to not put herself into my experience that way. But that is really hypothetical, and moot now.

So thanks again for the pics, Rita. I like the image of your sim looking off into the sunset very much.

julilyn

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know the old saying 'you can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time but you can't please ALL of the people ALL of the time? " kinda goes here too.

Emotions were high with this game closing. people were sad, disappointed , angry, pissed. depressed... you name it.

Parizad is an Employee at EA and she worked on the game.. BUT she has also been playing this game since the beginning..long before she started working for it, and she continued to play till the last dying moment ....she wasn't just an employee, shes been a big part of the community forever.

It doesn't matter what in game messages we were sent or not or who sent them or what was said in them someone somewhere would have found fault.

It couldn't have been easy for her and from the job standpoint, I am sure it wasn't required. I give her a lot of credit for that.

Personally, She and I never really got along too well. but we hung out with some of the same people and we basically co-existed..but I say give her a break. HER games over too and shes not too happy about it either.

life would be pretty damn boring if everyone had the same personalities.

And frankly....I didn't see a thing wrong with any of those message's, but its no surprise to me that those people who can always can find something to pancake about....can find fault in this games very last dying breath.

I mean.jeeeeeeze! the game WAS over, and I am glad to see that I finally DID win .
it was a positive closure.

S

Shari

Oh Rita.... I'm glad you got those because I was unable to.

I think they are VERY funny.

Thanks to Parizad for everything she has done for TSO. :bowdown:

Jackiee

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its not that she "thinks" she can be funny... she KNOWS she can be effing hilarious.

Get over it... don't be so bitter... it just gives you frown lines. And nobody thinks frown lines are attractive. :lick:

M

MandiK

The game is over & there are still whiners. Never cease to amaze me, Stratics. :)

I wasnt there for the final message but I would have probably been amused.

D

Donavan

I'm sorry some of you didn't find it humorous. That's a shame. I think what would have been sadder is if there were no devs/reps around that cared enough to give any messages at all.
...nods...

I didn't always agree with her (or the others), and sometimes I was downright nasty - she could have just told me to go to Hell, but instead, did her best to help me with whatever problem I was having.
That's 'class'.

As for humor - "Funny is in the ear of the beholder".
My ear thot she was a hoot. :D

C

Cherri Bear

I loved Parizad's humor and messages! I was not able to stay on TSO last night very late. So, I did not see those messages in game.

But, I read the screenies done by Rita. Thanks Rita!!!

Hugs, Cherri :)

R

rpsky3

I thought the messages in game were actually funny, nice and actually thoughtful. The messages were funny... and made me cry also. It was like a game wide countdown at those messages. Rita, I also got them screen shots. I just missed one, the 5 min. one. We were at the same house. I was Penny Nikkole. I tried to get into Town Hall, even though Tuesday offered numerous times to jump for me to get in, I decided to stay with my friends and go down with the ship all at once. The game is over, stop complaining folks and move on.

D

debslee

I found the messages to be a nice touch, because Pari would always send us ingame messages...so why not at the end, and most of them were tongue in cheek.....I wish I had screenies of the ones she sent out when we did the city merges into EA Land....those were her best I think. If anyone has those, please post them!

Thanks again Pari for staying with us to the end and DJ Spike for an awesome job, Im sure it wasnt the easiest DJ session you have ever had to do.

*sigh* time to uninstall now? :sad3:

C

CanIhaveYourStuf

YAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! ONE LAST THING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT!!!!! The real "game" of TSO will go on and on FOREVAH!!!!!!!1111eleven11111!!!!!

Is she funny?

No, it didn't make me fall off my chair laughing...but it did bring a grin to my face...

And while she may or may not have intended it, nice comment on the real folks who ruined TSO years before it's official demise: All the folks who felt it was something they had to "win", no matter who they stepped on. :loser:

A

Amoreena@EJ

I was glad to have stayed until the very end. I'm sure it would have been a dull ending if Parizad hadn't sent out any of those messages...:p

R

Rizzo@EastJerome

Here are all of the messages of that night in order: