• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So, Not only do we not get visiters bonus we lose hours too

G

I understand your guys views

all i want

is to be able to block the free players from my lots

if they dont count

So,

I can understand not giving us one, but giving us the other

but taking both?

Us Paying Subscribers go on to Ea Land and create lots, trying to get on the top hundred list.

At first, you took away our Visitors Bonus

I can understand you don't want Free players getting money from your economy

but not only did NOT punish free players

you are punishing your PAYING customers pay taking away our hours from free visitors

I CANT BLOCK FREE PLAYERS FROM MY LOT

but they count for space that I could reserve for Paying Customers like myself

I understand you never expected free players to work,
I understand you want to let us cash in our money

but we CANT

WE THE CUSTOMERS

CAN
NOT
CASH
IN
OUR
MONEY

But we CAN put money into the economy,
yet we CANT take it out

so,
EA Land

I have been with you since 2003

And Im not leaving any time soon

but unless you can really tell me how I should see your view on this

some one is getting a nasty customer service call

-Izefia

G

i understand ur frustration. Its rather upsetting. I also think they need to remove the information from the screens that pop up whenever u get a house or room with someone. It still says you will get a visitor bonus. But, allowing free accounts to count toward visitor hours allowed stores to fill their lots with several free account sims to put them on the top. Not only is that not fair to the ones who didnt use free accounts to get to the top, but it also adds to the lag, , if fifty houses had ten free account sims camped out, thats alot of extra peeps in the city. I dont see that ea had a better alternative
(

G

I understand what your saying

but its not fair that we CANT block free players from our lots

because they dont count for anything

G

Thank you for saying it first Izzy, it sucks big time and we paid for sim dollars to make a house where free players can come and learn and maybe even start becoming paying Sim. I also did not mind spending all this money because I flet rewared that I would have a number one house on the top 100. Now with no free player bonus, whats the point, and I would think EA would want us paying players to help new free players become paying ones.

Thx. for letting me vent. Hope to still keep number one service lot house.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

The solution is simple.

GET RID OF THE TOP 100 LIST IN ALL CATEGORIES AND SHOW ONE BIG LIST OF ONLINE/OFFLINE LOTS!!!!!!!!!!!

I only have 2 accounts, Iv been trying to get my store on the list for ages, I get hardly any visitors, and cant find any roommates because no one wants to move to a house that is not on the map yet! Gah!!!

But, I agree with EA on this one, Free Accounts should not count for visitor hours, because they can be abused by paying customers to get on the top lot and stay there while being afk and doing absolutely nothing good!

G

Ok, I read what I said and thought well, it may be said that if I wanted to help new sim, go get a Res. Lot. But it,s to late and oh well, did not think of that. I guess I should not have taken the time and money to want to help newbies, my bad.

Done crying about.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The solution is simple.

GET RID OF THE TOP 100 LIST IN ALL CATEGORIES AND SHOW ONE BIG LIST OF ONLINE/OFFLINE LOTS!!!!!!!!!!!

I only have 2 accounts, Iv been trying to get my store on the list for ages, I get hardly any visitors, and cant find any roommates because no one wants to move to a house that is not on the map yet! Gah!!!

But, I agree with EA on this one, Free Accounts should not count for visitor hours, because they can be abused by paying customers to get on the top lot and stay there while being afk and doing absolutely nothing good!

[/ QUOTE ]

I like his idea about getting rid the top 100 lists

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Free players can only go to stores, welcome and service lots in EA Land, so there is a way to block free players from any lot you make. STAY OUT OF THOSE CATEGORIES. As for TC3, if players were given the ability you ask for, then the most power hungry sims who wanted to be high on the list would utilize the feature, and that would result in free players having a much harder time skilling and making money, which isn't fair to them since TC3 is the only place they can play unlimitedly. Still, there's a solution for that too....don't own a lot in TC3. Don't ask EA to give you an ability to exercise a prejudice anymore than you already can with your ban list having the ability to ban any player who comes onto your lot and causes trouble. It is NOT right or OK to ban a person before they've done anything to deserve it....simply not paying for their account doesn't fall into that category.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

The solution is simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like his idea about getting rid the top 100 lists

[/ QUOTE ]

I

imported_corpatortis

o. well. you only miss visitor bonus because you had it once. pretend it never existed. look at that.. now you have to somehow earn tips

G

Is there a way to tell a player is a free player?

If not there should be.
then you can boot and ban them.

P

puss in boots

Ok... So you want no top 100 lists ...what is the point of playing a game with no challenge?... seems to me as the owner of the #1 skill house that i have busted my bootie to get there ... with no free sims sitting around ..i hunted for roomies and pulled a 48 hour shift alone to even get my house on the list ... so why not stop trying to take away the challenge for the ones that like to work to get ahead and go out and sacrafice a bit to get on the list yourselves its rewarding once you make it ... i love all you guys but #1 dose not come easy ...

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

The solution is simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree totally. I don't see the fairness at all in the store category for instance filling their houses up with free accounts to maintain a top 10 position while the honest paid subcribers can't even get on the map. Other than that, what do the freebies have to complain about? If that want extra privaledges then buy a subcription. Its that easy. I also think that the freebies should have been limited to playing in TC3 because the whole purpose for offering those accounts to begin with we're to give new people a feel for the game, but some took it and used it for their own advantage. I'm happy to see that the Dev's have solved this problem.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ok, I read what I said and thought well, it may be said that if I wanted to help new sim, go get a Res. Lot. But it,s to late and oh well, did not think of that. I guess I should not have taken the time and money to want to help newbies, my bad.

Done crying about.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not too late, you can change your property category at any time, you just won't be able to use the money objects on a residential lot. A while ago ajdown@jp made the suggestion that money objects be allowed on welcome lots, but with no payout, or limited payout just to walk new sims through how to play maze, pizza and code since there is a very limited amount of patience that most players have with newbies in general, and specifically when a newbie's ineptness affects their pocket book, ESPECIALLY now that money is more difficult to get even when everybody is proficient. Welcome lot owners are in general more patient and would not be so quick to jump down a newbie's throat if they are slow to catch on, so I am in support of this idea. It's a bit OT to the original topic, but if nothing else you could have those money objects out on a welcome lot even though they would not be clickable, you could walk around the machine with your sim and explain to the newbie what they will see when they are on the money lot. A welcome lot owner who's experienced with HTML could even take screen shots and put them up on a free geocities site or something like that to show newbie players frame by frame, along with their chatting in game. If you really want to help newbies, there are still ways to do it within the parameters we have, it just takes a little more ingenuity

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

Thank you for saying it first Izzy, it sucks big time and we paid for sim dollars to make a house where free players can come and learn and maybe even start becoming paying Sim. I also did not mind spending all this money because I flet rewared that I would have a number one house on the top 100. Now with no free player bonus, whats the point, and I would think EA would want us paying players to help new free players become paying ones.

Thx. for letting me vent. Hope to still keep number one service lot house.

[/ QUOTE ]

But many of these free accounts belong to people who already have a paid account and are just using the freebies to cheat their way into a top 10 position. I'ts not right. We already pay so why take a potential prospect and put them before a sure thing?

G

Well, cant say i do not agree with what has been said. I will just change it to a skill house. I know about putting in long hours and money to get on the top 10 list, have done it many time other the years, but Like a post said, "whats the point of a top 100 list" I did use freebies to make the top house, but I also used alot of kindness and time and money to help new sims. And I do not know what other players are doing, but with my two accounts I have always been able to get a house on the list and only get it to go higher and it did not take me weeks to do it. The way you treat people, paying or not paying, that is what gets you on the top 10.

P

puss in boots

Thats 100% correct Mike ... u treat them well give them a service that they are happy to come back for.... and all of us can do it just apply yourselves ... shops suck at the best of times ... i mean i always get annoyed when i go in and the roomie or owner isnt even there they are afk ... so those shop owners have no business being on the lists at all cause they really dont care as far as im concerned.

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

The solution is simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm totally in favor of dumping the top 100 lists and going with an idea like this. I don't think its fair to block free players from people lots because most people would most likely block them and it would be no fun, which means they wouldn't want to join the game. I do understand where you are coming from though... I can see why someone would want to block them from coming into their lot because it is a wasted spot in the property count.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Sorry but that's complete claptrap.

These horrible 'free players' that cause you so much pain are potential future paying members. Would you rather people came here on a free account, decided they liked it and upgraded - or didn't come here at all because it wasnt worth wasting $9.99 to see whether they liked it or not?

I honestly think the free account situation has been handled very poorly by EA, because...

1) There's so much potential for abuse.
2) Any measure to stop abuse seems to not affect the cheaters but honest players.
3) Animosity between the paying and non-paying turns into blatant discrimination and hatred.
4) Free accounts are being all blamed for the actions of a few - many of which have paid accounts as well as the free accounts they have causing the problem.

Some form of trial is essential to give people an opportunity to see whether they want to sign up - pretty much every successful game has some form of it - but, in typical EA fashion, what did work fine (14 day free trial) was abandoned in the desire to get people 'in game' to show 'the suits' that what they were trying was working.

An EA executive will most likely be happy to see that we've gone from an average of (say) 100 players online to 5000 online at peak times - income has gone up because of some resubscribers and people using the ATM - because everything has to be 'measured' to give 'proof' to them that it's working.

Unfortunately, 'the suits' are usually only interested in the financial and statistical side of things. They don't care - and probably won't even be told - about the excess lag, downtime, complaints, problems and other issues that are ripping what was a small but reasonably happy community apart.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I understand your guys views...

[/ QUOTE ]I would understand yours... If you were the only one affected by this change.

But you're not. Everyone who owns a house is affected by this in roughly equal amount.

Statistically speaking, with all else being equal, your standings on the Top 100 will not change. Only the tallied hours for every house affected will change. Statistically speaking, every house's hours will drop proportionally.

Whether they play into your personal goals or not, free players are important to this game, as each free player is a potential subscriber. Discriminate against them and shut your door in their faces, and I can guarantee they will NOT come back as subscribers. No new subscribers = YOUR game gets shut down.

Is that what you want?

I

imported_queenme

the solution to this problem has ALWAYS BEEN THIS SIMPLE!!!

GET RID OF THE TOP 100 LISTS!!

I

imported_queenme

and to finish that post that somehow submitted itself when only barely begun...

as someone who has played this game faithfully on a daily basis for the last 5 yrs and nearly 6 months and paid consistently for 1-4 accounts over that entire period and having sat in the #1 services spot for literally years nonstop in AV, then again for months in BF, TC3 and most recently EAland, I can say with NO RESERVATIONS, that this game would be and was sooooo much more enjoyable to play for the few weeks in TC3 when they didn't have the lists turned on

then we were all free to simply play and enjoy the game without the crappy list shtuff

so there you go, once again, since this is an "idea" "suggestion" that I and others have mentioned many many times....

the only question that remains is why won't they shut it off?

really is it such a huuuuuge part of the game that everyone will quit playin if they turn it off? try us

bring it on

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Suggested and voted for by many people many times but nothing is done. You're quite right, it is a simple solution to many of the problems. Why?

1) Without lists, nobody needs to fill their house with fake accounts to make fake popularity.
2) Without lists, nobody needs to resort to underhand tactics to try and ruin their competitors.
3) Without lists, lag will be reduced.

The negatives? The maybe half a dozen people who thrive on being #1 (whether through fair means or foul) lose one small thing, to the benefit of everyone else.

Does popularity by visitor hours really actually count for that much? What about 'word of mouth' via friends to know where the best places really are? For stores... best prices or best custom content should be the reason for going, not because something has a bazillion visitor hours and 20+ sims on the property at all times.

EA want a replacement? Take another leaf out of Second Life ... "Classified Ads".

You want your property listed in search? A small fee (L$30, about 10 cents) per week gets you listed. You want a premium listing? Pay for it, highest paid comes top. You have a great new product? Put some money into an advertisment, and people will find you if they're searching for 'custom content furniture' or whatever.

It's also a 'money drain' for EA, people paying game money means they have to spend real money - either themselves, or indirectly through their customers paying it - spending real money.

After all, money is far harder to use than fake accounts to make popularity. It actually makes people work, provide a better service, and grow properly instead of just sitting there expecting to be number one within a couple of weeks of playing.

EA, you may use my idea for free, although a note of thanks would be appreciated.

G

Since free accounts no longer are used a visitor hours it seems to me that a reset of lists would do the trick. The cities that were merged earlier had an advantage because the sims had no where else to go.

Just start everything from scratch I say!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Since free accounts no longer are used a visitor hours it seems to me that a reset of lists would do the trick. The cities that were merged earlier had an advantage because the sims had no where else to go.

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, after all it is all "Beta" which means wipes, resets etc can happen at any time for any or no reason (I'm sure it's in the ToS somewhere, if not it should be), and if 'real' popularity was achieved by a house, it'll soon be back up there in a couple of days anyway won't it?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, after all it is all "Beta" which means wipes, resets etc can happen at any time for any or no reason (I'm sure it's in the ToS somewhere, if not it should be), and if 'real' popularity was achieved by a house, it'll soon be back up there in a couple of days anyway won't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

It would but not to the extreme of 320 visitors hrs for a house.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Suggested and voted for by many people many times but nothing is done. You're quite right, it is a simple solution to many of the problems. Why?

1) Without lists, nobody needs to fill their house with fake accounts to make fake popularity.
2) Without lists, nobody needs to resort to underhand tactics to try and ruin their competitors.
3) Without lists, lag will be reduced.

The negatives? The maybe half a dozen people who thrive on being #1 (whether through fair means or foul) lose one small thing, to the benefit of everyone else.

Does popularity by visitor hours really actually count for that much? What about 'word of mouth' via friends to know where the best places really are? For stores... best prices or best custom content should be the reason for going, not because something has a bazillion visitor hours and 20+ sims on the property at all times.

EA want a replacement? Take another leaf out of Second Life ... "Classified Ads".

You want your property listed in search? A small fee (L$30, about 10 cents) per week gets you listed. You want a premium listing? Pay for it, highest paid comes top. You have a great new product? Put some money into an advertisment, and people will find you if they're searching for 'custom content furniture' or whatever.

It's also a 'money drain' for EA, people paying game money means they have to spend real money - either themselves, or indirectly through their customers paying it - spending real money.

After all, money is far harder to use than fake accounts to make popularity. It actually makes people work, provide a better service, and grow properly instead of just sitting there expecting to be number one within a couple of weeks of playing.

EA, you may use my idea for free, although a note of thanks would be appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am in full agreement, except I do not think a person should be able to *buy* their way to the top any more than they could exploit their way to the top before free accounts stopped counting in VH. That will still cause more lines, only instead of Free Players vs. Premium Players it will be lines drawn on RL economic status and/or frugality. If the top 100 lists are modified at all, then they need to be based on true popularity and quality of service, not who can pack the most of their own sims onto their lot, and not who can buy the proverbially biggest ad. I can see the benefit to EA as a company, but as far as the community goes I think it will only serve to rip it apart even more.

Perhaps a compromise, to put money in EA's pocket but not cause the equal amount of dissention could be that a person could buy 'vacation time' from EA. A calender week, but only one per year, that they could pay a flat fee to EA and not have to open their property but still save their spot on the list, whereas now not opening your lot for 7 calender days is basically lot suicide as far as the lists go. I limit it to 1 calender week per year so as to prevent abuse from players who could afford economically to buy one calender week a month if they were allowed to. Putting it to one a year sets the bar at a level that just about every player can save up to pay for, depending on the price tag for that week's vacation.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am in full agreement, except I do not think a person should be able to *buy* their way to the top any more than they could exploit their way to the top before free accounts stopped counting in VH. That will still cause more lines, only instead of Free Players vs. Premium Players it will be lines drawn on RL economic status and/or frugality.

[/ QUOTE ]The most expensive 'classified' ad in Second Life this week is L$300,000 ... that's over a $1100 in real money... per week. At the moment, there are four visitors there, and there are 'texture flickers' which is a sign of bad design. Yet they presumably make enough money per week to cover their land costs (about $75 a week), the advertisment costs and a profit as well for the people that create the stuff they sell.

Now I don't for one minute expect people in EA-Land to be making that kind of money ... but as far as I'm concerned, throwing that amount of money, per week, into a game ... is just completely stupid, and I wouldn't even try to compete with them. Spending that amount of money doesn't automatically mean they have a better product to sell - and many people actually search by keywords so unless you are buying a new skin (which, after all, how many people do buy a new skin each week) you wouldn't even see the advert in the first place.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Is there a way to tell a player is a free player?

If not there should be.
then you can boot and ban them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Errm no.
That would be an almost traumatic experience, trying out the game for the first time and every lot you go to you get abused, discriminated, booted out and banned.
There should -not- be a way to tell if the person is a free player or not.

I don't mind free/new players at my store. It's fun to chat with them, now that we can't stand around making jams or anything to pass the time.
The only thing is that it costs money when they need food.
The cost of making food should be lowered, to about 1-2 bucks per meal.

(But I think the free player problem is pretty much "solved" now that they took away working... They have no more goals here, so most of them will probably stop playing or go to Test Center.)

Free players should still be allowed in EA Land.
So they can hang around with their paying friends while they decide.

I agree that there should be another way of getting on the map, than number of sims in the property. The ideal way would be if EA somehow found a way to check if the store offers personal service (non-afk) or not.
Maybe put in some extra object "store sign that you have to wave around manually"... lol

G

I run a paid account and a free account side by side in TC3. If house owners had the option to ban free accounts from their houses, not only would my free sim be gone, but they could be certain my paid sim would never set foot on their property again. And I would be a long way from being the only one - it would be commercial suicide for them.

G

Pirates of the Caribbean Online shows the differences in ppls accounts by a dot next to their avatar name. A gold dot with an "F" in it shows an unlimited (paying) founder player. A blue dot is a paying member. A grey dot is a basic free membership. Free memberships in this game are severely limited in their gameplay. The perks are for the paying accounts.
This could work for you all in EALand also. If ppl choose to ban free accounts.. then that works for them. If others choose to act as tour guides for these freebies.. then thats all cool too.

L

luvibunni

Question

Does the top 100 list start over every month?

I don't mind the free players except I have had a lot of experience where all they do is ask for money and things and then get mad at me when I tell them they need to get a job and they know they are unable to make money from it. (Another post. lol)

As for visitor bonus, I'm kind of glad I came into this game late because I don't miss the stuff the veterans do. hehe

I feel for you all because most of you seem to have dearly loved a game that is now obviously very different..

BabiDoll~

I

imported_MattelMichele

<blockquote><hr>

The solution is simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta agree with this one!

G

I totaly agree with that too. When i go shopping around, I do buy my things only at a store where I actualy talk to the store owner or roomie. I prefer to spend my money there then in some overloaded store where everyone hides.

We known as the PlaySim Bunnies, work hard as a team to garantuee the house is open 24hrs a day. We try to treat each and every guest the best possible way wich made us nr1 money house at the moment.

If ppl think that becoming a top 10 houseowner is all about prestige for the owner and roomie itself, I cant agree with that. it sure gives a thrill to see that all your effort pays off. But its also a comitment towards our guests. To be available at all times trying to make sure everyone who is making money in the house earns his or hers max pay. Its our obligation as being a top 10 house.

If free accounts were able to enter my houses, we would just as well give them the same service. Even they dont add to our visitng hours. Its what a house makes, the people in it. That it cost money to feed the freebies, it cost money to feed the subscribers too.

Taking out the list without replacing it with something equal, alot of ppl will be making half the money of what they can be making at this time.
Dont be blinded by the list, it takes alot of time and effort to get there and stay there, we money and skill house owners, we cant cheat with free accounts.

W

waltersobchak11

As a free player myself, I can understand why paying customers would want to ban us from their lots. I mean, let's face it, there are some people who are playing the game to advance and why should they be punished for wanting to play the game the way they want to?

Its not like every single house would be banning free players. There are tons of houses out there that would let free players come by. I lucked out and found a great house. So much so that I am going to become a paying subscriber so I can contribute to the house (and go to work and go make some pizzas

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

Thats 100% correct Mike ... u treat them well give them a service that they are happy to come back for.... and all of us can do it just apply yourselves ... shops suck at the best of times ... i mean i always get annoyed when i go in and the roomie or owner isnt even there they are afk ... so those shop owners have no business being on the lists at all cause they really dont care as far as im concerned.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not referring to helping people. I have helped my share. In the past month I have given away 3 size 8 lots, with all the furnishings because that is just how I am. With the merge and 5 accounts I will probably give away more but I will make darn sure that the ones I give to are hard working avatars that are honest and caring of others as well. Not ones that stand off to the sidelines whining about what they dont have yet refuse to enter a skill or money house. If I can work hard and become sucessful then so can others.
I still think that the ones hiding all those free accounts in the top 10 houses are dishonest and I wouldn't give them a minute of my time.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

Well, cant say i do not agree with what has been said. I will just change it to a skill house. I know about putting in long hours and money to get on the top 10 list, have done it many time other the years, but Like a post said, "whats the point of a top 100 list" I did use freebies to make the top house, but I also used alot of kindness and time and money to help new sims. And I do not know what other players are doing, but with my two accounts I have always been able to get a house on the list and only get it to go higher and it did not take me weeks to do it. The way you treat people, paying or not paying, that is what gets you on the top 10.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheating your way to #1 and helping others is two completely different topics. I have also had a few #1 houses in my years of playing and it did not involve hiding AFK sims/avatars to get there. It was the way that Pussinboots did it, committing the time and the good hospitality is how its down. Store categories are a bit harder though because you only get to interact with your guest for a short period of time, but no matter what category i'm in, I will always offer food social and any other greening that the person may need.

Y

YadaSc

Where's the Welcome mat ? Wow.. I am sooo happy I am not a free player ! If I were, I wouldn't come back ! Soooo.. in other words, the game won't survive ! Then you guys won't have to worry yourselves over the game anymore ! IT will be gone !.. ....

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Sorry but that's complete claptrap.

These horrible 'free players' that cause you so much pain are potential future paying members. Would you rather people came here on a free account, decided they liked it and upgraded - or didn't come here at all because it wasnt worth wasting $9.99 to see whether they liked it or not?

I honestly think the free account situation has been handled very poorly by EA, because...

1) There's so much potential for abuse.
2) Any measure to stop abuse seems to not affect the cheaters but honest players.
3) Animosity between the paying and non-paying turns into blatant discrimination and hatred.
4) Free accounts are being all blamed for the actions of a few - many of which have paid accounts as well as the free accounts they have causing the problem.

Some form of trial is essential to give people an opportunity to see whether they want to sign up - pretty much every successful game has some form of it - but, in typical EA fashion, what did work fine (14 day free trial) was abandoned in the desire to get people 'in game' to show 'the suits' that what they were trying was working.

An EA executive will most likely be happy to see that we've gone from an average of (say) 100 players online to 5000 online at peak times - income has gone up because of some resubscribers and people using the ATM - because everything has to be 'measured' to give 'proof' to them that it's working.

Unfortunately, 'the suits' are usually only interested in the financial and statistical side of things. They don't care - and probably won't even be told - about the excess lag, downtime, complaints, problems and other issues that are ripping what was a small but reasonably happy community apart.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya know AJ, this is one time I am in total agreement with you. I think that EA did a great thing by offering the free accounts to the players but like you said, there is so much potential for abuse and sure enough there's always someone somewhere who will take it to extremes causing all of the other thinks on your list to occur. I can see where everyones frustration comes from.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

Question

Does the top 100 list start over every month?

I don't mind the free players except I have had a lot of experience where all they do is ask for money and things and then get mad at me when I tell them they need to get a job and they know they are unable to make money from it. (Another post. lol)

As for visitor bonus, I'm kind of glad I came into this game late because I don't miss the stuff the veterans do. hehe

I feel for you all because most of you seem to have dearly loved a game that is now obviously very different..

BabiDoll~

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL ... I'm one of the veterans and believe me, it wasn't always just free accounts asking for money. I have had beggars come to my home and even send me a PM while I was at a casino asking me for money. I use to just direct them to the nearest jam table and tell them , have at it ...hehe.
Most importantly, WELCOME to the game and remember the forum here is just our opinions. We rant and rave here and vent alot but its all forgotten later.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

Where's the Welcome mat ? Wow.. I am sooo happy I am not a free player ! If I were, I wouldn't come back ! Soooo.. in other words, the game won't survive ! Then you guys won't have to worry yourselves over the game anymore ! IT will be gone !.. ....

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do you see that I don't roll out the welcome mat? Just because I don't condone misuse of free accounts. I'm sorry you have that impression of me but I am a firm believer in honesty and actually you have formed an opinion of me based on just that, my opinion of dishonest players. In game I made many many friends just by giving and helping out new people in the game. I moved 4 avatars here from different cities and yes, besides my rares and the crafts I tried to stock up on, I also brought things like piano's, pizza and maze, mechanical bulls, ect. and gave them all to the homeowners and roomies that we're working so hard to furnish their skill and money houses for the good of a prospering community. I provided them with my crafts (PC's and pest traps) as well, free of charge, so whatever gave you the impression that i'm not out there doing my darnest to help and make the new players feel welcome i'm sorry but you have the wrong person.

I

imported_Qute Pi

I agree with you. I mean personally I don't care if they are paying or not, but I never host lol. If I was hosting, I'm not sure what incentive I'd have to feed non paying players, especially if it didn't count towards the list.

The list now, I think should be done with anyway.

And this is another way of punishing everyone for what a few players take advantage of; using their free accounts to gain rank on that list.

I don't think we should know who is paying or not, that would cause discrimination, and the non paying players are just as much an asset as paying...because at any moment they can choose to be a paying customer and help with the subscription numbers which will ultimately keep this game alive.

Its a very difficult situation to handle and make everyone happy...

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

The solution is simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm totally in favor of dumping the top 100 lists and going with an idea like this. I don't think its fair to block free players from people lots because most people would most likely block them and it would be no fun, which means they wouldn't want to join the game. I do understand where you are coming from though... I can see why someone would want to block them from coming into their lot because it is a wasted spot in the property count.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree Dump the Top 100 Lists!

G

Here's an interesting question. With all the merges being completed, what happens with the top 100 list now? You have houses that people put in so much time and now they have 0 visitor hours. Do you think now that all the merges are completed they should reset the top 100 list and give everyone a fair shake at the list?

I agree the top 100 list needs to go away. I stated before they should make it like ebay... positive, negative and neutral comments. The higher the positive rating, the higher up the list the house is. This will combat a few issues. #1 Visitor hours will no longer count towards the top 100 list. Thus, even if free accounts do count in hours, it won't make a difference. #2 It would cause the top 100 list to be reset. This is important to give anyone who brought over a "Top 100" house from another city a chance to get it in the top 100 list again in EA Land. Right now with the housing situation I don't see a house being able to crack the list without a reset.

Now I know what people are going to say. "We have worked hard to be #1. Why would we want to reset the list?" I say this... you can't please everyone all the time. If changing the top 100 list at the same time to make it more fair, then I think it's for the greater good. But, I don't currently have a top 100 house so it's easy for me to say all this. I just wanted to throw this out there for discussion.

M

mameloot

<blockquote><hr>

Ok... So you want no top 100 lists ...what is the point of playing a game with no challenge?... seems to me as the owner of the #1 skill house that i have busted my bootie to get there ... with no free sims sitting around ..i hunted for roomies and pulled a 48 hour shift alone to even get my house on the list ... so why not stop trying to take away the challenge for the ones that like to work to get ahead and go out and sacrafice a bit to get on the list yourselves its rewarding once you make it ... i love all you guys but #1 dose not come easy ...

[/ QUOTE ]

We can get rid of the "Top 100" list without taking away ratings, PIB.
The list can still be in the order of popularity, but only shows houses currently open. People will still gravitate to the top of the list, but they can also see who else is open instead of 80 closed properties.

With all of these cities merged in together, there's a lot of options out there, but it takes forever to find properties not on the list by random searching.
I like to go exploring the cities. But there's no "GOOD" way to search all of them for specific types of properties unless they are on the list. The filters don't do a good enough job of covering the outer cities, yet.

Shop owners who legitimately work to keep their shops open and full of real customers should be rewarded with higher listings. But we also need to know who's open right now, instead of someone who was lucky to get into the 80th slot months ago but lost interest and hasn't been open regularly since.

V

ValarieNicoleBF

<blockquote><hr>

The solution is simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

How are they going to show ALL of the lots that are open on game...maybe off game like on a facebook type thing, but I don't believe there's enough room for all of the stores, money, and skill lots, and if their was, that's A LOT of scrolling, lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

Here's an interesting question. With all the merges being completed, what happens with the top 100 list now? You have houses that people put in so much time and now they have 0 visitor hours. Do you think now that all the merges are completed they should reset the top 100 list and give everyone a fair shake at the list?

I agree the top 100 list needs to go away. I stated before they should make it like ebay... positive, negative and neutral comments. The higher the positive rating, the higher up the list the house is. This will combat a few issues. #1 Visitor hours will no longer count towards the top 100 list. Thus, even if free accounts do count in hours, it won't make a difference. #2 It would cause the top 100 list to be reset. This is important to give anyone who brought over a "Top 100" house from another city a chance to get it in the top 100 list again in EA Land. Right now with the housing situation I don't see a house being able to crack the list without a reset.

Now I know what people are going to say. "We have worked hard to be #1. Why would we want to reset the list?" I say this... you can't please everyone all the time. If changing the top 100 list at the same time to make it more fair, then I think it's for the greater good. But, I don't currently have a top 100 house so it's easy for me to say all this. I just wanted to throw this out there for discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have only one thing to say about this. When we started our house, we didnt had a fancy lot with all the possible rares, best greening items and a zillion other cool stuff. Yet, we managed to become nr1 while there were already top houses. We had to start from 0 just as well. Why would anyone just arrived with there lot need us to be put at 0 so they have a better chance?
If we could do it, they can too.

G

Excellent point. It can be done. I was just suggesting this since alot of people were calling for a new top 100 or no top 100 anyways. All the houses in EA Land have worked hard to get up to the top spots. Unlike stores, skill houses had to do it without the help of free accounts. Mind you, I don't know what kind of house you have... so if you have a store and have not taken abuse of the free accounts, please ignore my last statement.