• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So, new pet - triton

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From recent client patch:

Magical Creatures: bake kitsune, cold drake, cu sidhe, dark steed, dragon, dragon turtle, drake, dread warhorse, eodon bird of prey, fire steed, frost dragon, greater dragon, hellsteed, hiryu, ki-rin, lasher, lava lizard, lesser hiryu, nightmare, phoenix, reptalon, serpentine dragon, silver steed, silver wolf, skree, triton, tsuki wolf, unicorn, vollem, white wyrm.

Note: Training these creatures in other Magics will remove any innate magic ability

Necromantic Creatures:dark steed, dark wolf, dire wolf, dread spider, dread warhorse, hell hound, hellcat, hellsteed, nightmare, predator hellcat, shadow wyrm, skeletal cat, tsuki wolf, vampire bat, windrunner.

Sticky Skin Creatures: corrosive slime, giant toad, slime, toxic slith, triton.

Tailed Creatures: alligator, bake kitsune, bane dragon, cold drake, cougar, cu sidhe, dark wolf, dog, dragon, dragon turtle, dragon wolf, drake, eodon bird of prey, frost dragon, gaman, giant ice worm, giant serpent, greater dragon, grey wolf, hell hound, hellcat, high plains boura, hiryu, ice snake, ki-rin, lava lizard, lava serpent, lava snake, lesser hiryu, lowland boura, panther, predator hellcat, raptor, rat, reptalon, ruddy boura, saurosaurus, scorpion, serpentine dragon, sewer rat, shadow wyrm, silver wolf, skeletal cat, skree, slith, snake, snow leopard, stone slith, toxic slith, triton, tsuki wolf, vollem, white wolf, white wyrm, wild tiger, windrunner.

Only creatures from the Tokuno Islands are capable of learning Bushido & Ninjitsu abilities.

Insectoid Creatures: deathwatch beetle, fire ant, fire beetle, frost mite, giant beetle, iron beetle, rune beetle.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Decipher please!

It can get a magic.
It has necro
It has a tail.
Its like a slime or reptile.

Please be a mount!!!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Magical, Sticky Skin, and Tailed. I remember back when Sea Horses were supposed to become a mount for Fisherman, that you could ride across the water and store fish inside of their belly like a pack animal.
For High Seas!!!! Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! A slimy Windrunner.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Sooo. Triton..Interesting idea for a new tamable. I wonder how they would implement it. Triton in mythology was the son of Poseidon and Amphitrite, I think one of the Nireides..He was said to be human from waist up, and fish waist down, including fish tale. Interesting that he was sporting a trident like his papa, and a large musical horn-conch..

In ancient sculpture, he is represented as a merman which has the upper body of a human and the tail, soft dorsal fin, spiny dorsal fin, anal fin, pelvic fins and caudal fin of a fish, "sea-hued", according to Ovid[1] "his shoulders barnacled with sea-shells".
"Like his father, [bcolor=rgb(16, 16, 16)]Poseidon[/bcolor], he carried a [bcolor=rgb(16, 16, 16)]trident[/bcolor]. However, Triton's special attribute was a twisted [bcolor=rgb(16, 16, 16)]conch[/bcolor] shell, on which he blew like a trumpet to calm or raise the waves. Its sound was such a cacophony, that when loudly blown, it put the giants to flight, who imagined it to be the roar of a dark wild beast.[bcolor=rgb(16, 16, 16)][2][/bcolor]"

Soooo.. IF it is a tamable, I wonder how it would move on land, or would it just be sea-bound? Would it have a sound blast damage like the mythology one vs "natural discord"? Magery spells? "Weather" spells like SW? And..if the Triton is rideable, would it be rideable only in the water.

Also IF triton is only sea-bound and rideable, you could ride it in water without boats, but then it will have to be able to fight for you while riding it! Since you cannot dismount it and walk in water..? HHmmmm..Interesting possiblilities..

The sea creatures are coming this way..We all be ware!!:)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
maybe he auto loads our cannons for us?