• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bushido] So much has changed - please help?

A

Adorin

Hi all

i've returned after many years absent.

i use to run a PVP sampire (when we didnt need 99 necro, and 90 tactics, etc)

now, i'm in a dilemna with skills, i would like to have healing, since i might not be able to do 4/6, so how do i get a viable pvp sampire template with healing???

currently, i have
120 bush
120 swords
120 parry
115 resist

i guess i also need:
99 necro
90 tact

this is where i'm lost cant squeeze heal and anat on here, gues i need chiv?
but is chiv only viable as pvp when you have 4/6, what if i cant get 4/6?

maybe i need to ask myself why i need to go sampire pvp? maybe change my template?
whats a good pvp bushi template now?

any advice is greatly appreciated.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You have come to the right place. One with your leeches you will probably not need either healing or to be running 4/6 (although both are nice). Bush has largely fallen out of favor in the pvp crowd but it still can be useful especially with archers running chiv. While resist is nice its not necessary if you use apples, a trap box and you chug all of which are pretty much the way to go in pvp. Gear is easier to comeby with imbuing and depending on your shard it might be pretty easy to find a group to take you in to help set you up. If your on Chessy ask for me or a member of RBG.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
id start fresh with a pvp template.
something like this
120 throwing
120 tactics
120 ninja
120 healing
120 anatomy
120 resist

your sampire, id do like this
120 swords
120 tactics
120 bushido
120 parry
99 necro
80 chiv.
61 resist

use him for pvm

A

Adorin

your sampire, id do like this
120 swords
120 tactics
120 bushido
120 parry
99 necro
80 chiv.
61 resist

use him for pvm
any reason why this isnt viable for pvp? (sorry, i really dont know whats good to use these days.... and i HATE training new skills up!..

i would swap tactics to be at 90, and push resist up past 110, etc... lower a bit in chiv, etc...

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Leeching has been seriously nerf when it comes to pvp. So attempting to use a pvp sampire basically means that your doing away with your ability to heal. Sampires are pretty much a pvm only temp now.

A

Adorin

cheers for the quick response:

how about:

120 archery
120 Bushido
115 resist
90 heal
90 anat
90 tactics
100 necro

or something like that.... i always like being sampire becuase of the immunity to poison... so i'd like to keep that in... is archery a viable option in pvp now? with a balance bow, i guess i can also chug pots in case of emergency?

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Archery is viable for pvp. But archery leeches next to nothing. Also no cure pots. To be honest vamp will not protect you from the upper tier poisons and with the last big patch poison is far more powerful. You could really get the resist with petals. Otherwise its a solid enough temp. That being said that ABC is far more common at this point and offers increase damage potential for PVM.

A

Adorin

or even substitute Bushi with SS? so i can use Necro spells?

so a necro vampire archer? and use bandies to heal?

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well that is doable. It will be a bit hard gear wise. I think it could be made to work, but to be an effective archer you need 150 dex. Arrows aren't light and mana will be an issue. I am not sure how effective it would be in pvp.