• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So many new faces

• Thread starter Arnie QuickPalm
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
A

Arnie QuickPalm

wonder what is bringing them all here PVP ?? lots of open housing !!
great community ??

ME???

so new folks where you all from ?? seen a few from Cheesy i think !!

C

Crystal Canyon

People are beginning to realize that we have the BEST shard here, thats why they are coming! :thumbsup:

E

Eyes of Origin

I've noticed this lately too.. part of it makes me wonder if they are old players returning, players coming to a smaller shard to spawn or if they are here to settle on a nice quiet shard.
Hmmm they might be here because of you too Arnie :p Either way, no matter why they are here, its nice to see new names, even if they arent so new :)

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Three new faces around the shard belong to people I know. My sister, a friend of hers from work and my husband. My sister's friend and my husband are old players just restarting from leave of varying lengths and my sister has never before played. She's learning the ropes slowly and enjoying every second. :)

Yellow Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I created my Yellowbeard character here the first few days that origin became a shard. It was quite laggy for some reason. I was playing on Atlantic at the time but was unhappy that all of the housing space was taken.
If you wanted a house you did one of two things. Wait for one to drop and compete with 30 other players or buy one for real $$.$$. A small log cabin at that time sold for $50.00 dollars on ebay. I ended up on legends and I will say that they are the rudest most well we'll leave it at rude. I quit uo for 6 months because of a squabble between myself and stratics admins. when I came back I re-activated my account and most of my things and all but two characters were on Europa ???. The other two characters were on Atlantic. Europa is a nice place but it just wasn't home. I made a lot of friends there.
I decided to check to see if my Origin character was still around and was amased that it was. I looked around and saw a simple shard with great people. I got hooked really quick. As to why my account was split between Atl and Europa is still a mystery to me.

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
YellowBeard, off topic to post but - I'm guessin' that you watch Whale Wars? ;)

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can only speak for myself...
I came here for the community.
Friends moved on and got busy with families on Cats. I became disenchanted with Cats...so I bought a token last fall and came here to check out life on the small shard.

Then my Real life got crazy and I took a break for a few months, only to return to find the EMs had returned.

I have moved 3 fully completed characters over...with a fourth coming soon. I am here to stay!

I even activated a second account just to have a Keep!

I am big on community and like to help or hold community wide events.

I look forward to meeting many of you, and I give thanks to the ones I have met so far! I hope to return the friendship and generosity I have received!

:)
TW

E

Eyes of Origin

I am glad to see new players and old players alike. Origin is a great community to be apart of if you give it a chance. The people here are by far the best I have run into in my 2 yrs on UO. Minus a few bad apples in Fel, its a nice shard to play.

F

Frey Wavestrider

Yes it is wonderful to see all the new people and I think Origin has done itself proud in how all of the shard opened up to help them.

zoggins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I personally like Origin because of the small town feel. Sometimes I wish i was back on a highly populated shard, but then someone says hi to me randomly in luna and asks how titans (or wherever i was farming recently) went last night and i remember why i am here.

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I say it is time to get a bunch together and drive the undead things from Maginicia. lets pull together and do it if it can be done.

M

Michael Wolf

That would be nice, but it would some coordination. I popped in there to mark a rune for a returning player, forgetting about the mages that are there, I was dead before I could recall out. Took quite an effort to get ressed and recall out before dying, 3-4 attempts, each time i lured the mages just a little farther away from the healer until I managed a clear enough area to get ressed and wait for enough mana to recall.

I'd say we would need several people, preferably with Pets to go through first with Invis primed so the pets can take the first onslaught. The mages aren't hard to take alone but the town is full of them and they are programed to gank.

C

Crystal Canyon

Sounds like a plan for this weekend to me! :thumbsup:

Michael W. if you want to start organizing some players, Ill talk to guildmembers and alis and maybe we could get together and do this.

Give me a shout out here or Q and "Lets Do it"!

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
count me in!

To paraphrase my Favorite Dwarf....

"Hmmm certain death, low chance of success....what are we waiting for??"

F

Frey Wavestrider

I will see who I can get .. I will bring on Tyr as he seems to like the spawn for gains. We need alot of tanks to protect Necro's and Spirit speakers.

E

Eyes of Origin

Uhm.. I dont think you can get rid of them.. they are there for quests. You get threads for the rubble turn ins and in Fel you get threads to turn in for rubble or silver.

F

Frey Wavestrider

No but Draconi did say once that collecting the threads would help to re-new/rebuild maginica.

Also, it would be fun to just see what happens:) And sometimes that is the important thing

E

Eyes of Origin

Oh did he? I must have missed that somewhere :( I know this is coming from a Fel point of view, but believe me, if we could get rid of the corrupted souls, I would be more than happy. Try fighting in Mag Fel on Pacific for sigils at the CoM base with those things constantly hitting you too. lol its a mess thats for sure. And if you guys plan the night.. make sure to post it :) I'll definately make the attempt to come help.

J

Jimmy No Nose

I just came back from 2 years off a week ago. I think the lure back had to do with boredom. I am starting over from scratch so it will take some time to rebuild some characters. In the near future i will be looking for guildmates to do game things. Everyone i knew from before seems to be gone. If anyone is interested in being active and getting out there with me let me know.

Also, i could use some insight on changes. i dont have a clue on whats going on nowadays.

I dont need stuff in game, im pretty much set with gold and housing etc...Just looking for somebody to adventure with.

C

Crystal Canyon

I just came back from 2 years off a week ago. I think the lure back had to do with boredom. I am starting over from scratch so it will take some time to rebuild some characters. In the near future i will be looking for guildmates to do game things. Everyone i knew from before seems to be gone. If anyone is interested in being active and getting out there with me let me know.

Also, i could use some insight on changes. i dont have a clue on whats going on nowadays.

I dont need stuff in game, im pretty much set with gold and housing etc...Just looking for somebody to adventure with.
Welcome back Jimmy! I do remember you playing a few years back and noticed you at the bank a few days ago. Was wondering if you were the same person. Now I know....lol

Stop by the vendorhouse sometime and we can make plans to do some hunting.

F

Frey Wavestrider

If you see Me or someone else from KK, stop and chat and we will be more than willing to help also