• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] So, making armor for new sampires.....

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On test I am messing around with using a barbed runic kit > powerful reforging > grand > inspired > exalted > sublime
name 1- Animated/ of Haste
name 2- Mystic/ of Sorcery

Is there a better way? other options I can look into / try for better results?

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On test I am messing around with using a barbed runic kit > powerful reforging > grand > inspired > exalted > sublime
name 1- Animated/ of Haste
name 2- Mystic/ of Sorcery

Is there a better way? other options I can look into / try for better results?
There are plenty of sampire suit guides on these forums with very detailed information. You might want to read those first.
Here are the steps I make:
1)I generally make the pieces from plain leather or iron first. I make hundreds to thousands of each piece, and pick the pieces whose resists match each other. The idea is - you do not want any resist points to go over cap when you are done, because they are wasted. You also want to have each piece to have 1-2 resists that are at their lowest (you will be imbuing these).
2)Then I reforge. I only use a single name, because getting even a single name right is difficult enough (given that I have to pre-select armor pieces). I only reforge for a quality that is unavailable through imbuing.
3)Apply POF
4)Imbue for resists and other qualities you need.
5)Enhance with the forged metal tool to finish off your resists.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do pretty much the same as railshot. I did try reforging a few parts with barbed kit but most of the time I found I wanted high fire resist, HPI or HCI/DCI so minor reforge then imbung worked better than a greater reforge.

My sampire parts mostly are something like:

8 mana inc
8 stamina inc
8 lmc
fire resist imbue
either 5 DCI or 5 HCI or 5 HPI

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are plenty of sampire suit guides on these forums with very detailed information. You might want to read those first.
Without trying to sound rude- yes- I know- I have written a few of them. Mostly the - sampire in plate series (I believe I did 3 of those).

I am specifically looking about information about reforging and too see if I am over looking something or if there is a better way.

I do have a question on this comment....
The idea is - you do not want any resist points to go over cap when you are done, because they are wasted.
I am not quite sure I am following you here, can you provide an example.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I do pretty much the same as railshot. I did try reforging a few parts with barbed kit but most of the time I found I wanted high fire resist, HPI or HCI/DCI so minor reforge then imbung worked better than a greater reforge.

My sampire parts mostly are something like:

8 mana inc
8 stamina inc
8 lmc
fire resist imbue
either 5 DCI or 5 HCI or 5 HPI
The problem with this right here, is that this mix of properties comes from the packages of 3 or 4 titles. the mana/lmc from one of the two arcane/wizardry/mystic/sorcery titles. The +stam from haste, and DCI/resist is aegis[???], HCI is viscious, HPI is mighty.

With a barbed kit, I believe that it is either impossible, or unfathomably unlikely, to get this mix. With a barbed kit, you're guaranteed to get 5 properties I think, so it is impossible to use a barbed kit in the way suggest in the OP and still have space left to imbue the last property.

I used spined kits to get either 5HCI or 5 DCI as needed, then simply imbued the rest.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Without trying to sound rude- yes- I know- I have written a few of them. Mostly the - sampire in plate series (I believe I did 3 of those).
I am specifically looking about information about reforging and too see if I am over looking something or if there is a better way.
I am sorry. I was tired and misread your question.
As far as reforging - I try to limit the number of pieces I reforge. Generally I need 2-3 with HCI. If I use metal armor, I enhance with Agapite (high fire resist). So I start by making a lot of every piece selecting the ones that have a specific fire resist that would get me to 95 after enhancement (spreadsheets help a lot) and then one or two other resists that are at their minimum or within a point or two. This ensures that other resists on that piece are high. The minimum resists will be the ones I imbue when the time comes. This is a very long and boring person. One of the crafters on my shard claims to have 2 castles worth of such pieces. You need to have 5-10 of each piece that fits above criteria.
Then you reforge with a single name. Hopefully out of those 5-10 pieces, you will get one with the quality you need. If not, back to the forge you go.
After you have your 2-3 reforged pieces completed, plug all of your pieces (reforged and non-reforged) into the spreadsheet. Adjust the minimum resists to their imbued values, and see what you are missing. You might have to make more non-reforged pieces to fit the reforged ones.
If you are patient enough, you should get the armor where relatively few resist imbues are needed. That leaves a lot of slots for the good stuff.

Using studded leather would potentially make a better suit (LMC cap), but because there are only 3 runics, you will get wrong reforged mods much more often even with a single name. So it all depends on how many days and nights you want to spend snipping leather and looking at resists.

You probably know most if not all of this, but this is how I do it.