• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So, I spawn in Seige and prompty get nekkid...

S

Sirkus

.. cause I was stupid to think my newb fencer could survive the ratmen at the compassion shrine. Silly me.

Ok, so I am a returning vet who misses the game (again) but cannot stand the mess on the main shards. So I say to myself "Let's see if what all those posts about SP are true... "

I create my newb fencer type dude with 50 fencing and 50 chiv (hey man, you can use chiv to quick heal by tithin a few coins at the shrine from all the mongbat loot.. sweet) and head off on my merry way. After a very brief visit to Ish and the shrine of compassion, I slip on the deathrobe and start hunting big mongbat game near the Moonglow gate.

Man, it's good to be in game again. A newb. No recall. Got to rely on moongates and my 2 feet. It's like the old days, man.

Then a nice blue pops outta nowhere and says "you need a horse?" and I am like "yeah man sure" and next thing you know I have a freshly tamed horse and the nice person says "Good luck" and.. now.. ok.. sit down for this.... doesn't PK me?

*gasp*

So I am continuing on my way, becoming the Mongbat Lord, slowly working up some cash for some more really rad and k00l vendor armor.. when..

a RED appears!

OH NO! I just know he is gonna PK me for this 300 gp leather tunic I bought from the Moonglow vendor. It is so RARE he must have have it and will peel it off my dead corpse..

I brace for the worse... and then it happened.

He ignored me!

WTF?!?! Here I am -- fresh newb meat, and the big bad old Red ignores me and does not cut me in half with his unholy sword of bloody entrails +10.

All I can say is so far, so good.

I

imported_Daan Mor

If you look like you have crap loot (killing mongbats for cash would be a bit of a giveaway), probs wasn't worth the time and effort

D

Dor of Sonoma

*grins*

Great post, Sirkus.

If you decide that you need any assistance, just holler!

K

Kat SP

Hey, welcome to Siege!

I want your tunic!!! I shall look for you later.

I

imported_Daan Mor

Eww, it's probably all sweaty from the mongbat hunting.
...or is that why you want it? hmm?

G

Nice tale!

Yesterday, I was sitting at temple island in a death robe, loaded to the gills with regs (looted, but mine!), but missing one reg for gates (ouch) and in pops Vmp (Krystal and Ikon specifically).

They proceed to kill everyone around me, but leave me alone while I'm begging in vent for a gate. I must have stood there for 2 minutes before a guildmate (Thanks Kat!) popped a gate and I jumped out.

They must have assumed that I was freshly rezzed and afk (death robe and not moving) and thus not worth the kill. Once I moved, they were after me and followed me through her gate, got booted from the guildhouse, and proceeded to cast natures furies to try to get us.

Kat had the regs I needed so I gated out home.

Sometimes looking like a useless newb can be advantageous.

G

Also, skeletons and lizardmen are good for gains and the gold is better than mongbats.

Be sure to collect the leather from the lizardmen. It sells.

S

Shadow Tamer-SP

thats why I kill everyone and their mounts too

you never know you that person is and can hurt you some how

So the leason that vmp didn't learn today was, kill everyone no matter what, because if you don't we will laugh at you

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Yesterday, I was sitting at temple island in a death robe, loaded to the gills with regs (looted, but mine!), but missing one reg for gates (ouch) and in pops Vmp (Krystal and Ikon specifically).

[/ QUOTE ]

Or maybe because the temple area is a guardzone?

S

Sirkus

Ahhh good to know! Thanks for the info. It's been a while since I have played so remembering what all you can do will take so time to come back to me...

One thing is for sure: I can go post on the main forums that I survived my first day on SP and wasn't PK'd..

Well.. I was K'd by a Ratman but that doesn't count. That would be a RK not a PK, right?

Stoopid ratdude.

Mongbats beware!

S

Sirkus

<blockquote><hr>

Eww, it's probably all sweaty from the mongbat hunting.
...or is that why you want it? hmm?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah.. it smells like wet zombie on a hot humid day next to a pile of orc poo-poo.

So.. c'mon and take it! The armourer in 'glow and I are on good terms, so I know I can replace it with another 10 mongbats. Besides, I'll prolly p'wn u with my newb kryss of stinkin l33tness -3

G

Greed SP

Welcome aboard, most Reds here won't pk you if you look very newbiesh or don't have anything worth looting on, with the exception of pretty much all of vmp (unless they have something to gain from not PKing you, such as BR gains) and a handful of OTF (I said a handful, I don't know most so it's alot of hit and miss). And most of the veteran bluebies and many of the veteran redbies here are quite helpful, with that said visit www.siegeperilous.net and join NEW, they are the best thing since Sliced bread.

J

Jason619

The killings will arrive soon. It happens to everyone though. If you do get killed and they dryloot you there are plenty of nice people to help you get re-equipped, like me. You seem to have a good attitude here, you will probably do well.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

hey proceed to kill everyone around me, but leave me alone while I'm begging in vent for a gate. I must have stood there for 2 minutes before a guildmate (Thanks Kat!) popped a gate and I jumped out.

[/ QUOTE ]
more likely it is like a dog that you need to stand still for as they are only quick to respond to movement. just stare them in the eyes and dont move!

wop wop

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

.. cause I was stupid to think my newb fencer could survive the ratmen at the compassion shrine. Silly me.

Ok, so I am a returning vet who misses the game (again) but cannot stand the mess on the main shards. So I say to myself "Let's see if what all those posts about SP are true... "

I create my newb fencer type dude with 50 fencing and 50 chiv (hey man, you can use chiv to quick heal by tithin a few coins at the shrine from all the mongbat loot.. sweet) and head off on my merry way. After a very brief visit to Ish and the shrine of compassion, I slip on the deathrobe and start hunting big mongbat game near the Moonglow gate.

Man, it's good to be in game again. A newb. No recall. Got to rely on moongates and my 2 feet. It's like the old days, man.

Then a nice blue pops outta nowhere and says "you need a horse?" and I am like "yeah man sure" and next thing you know I have a freshly tamed horse and the nice person says "Good luck" and.. now.. ok.. sit down for this.... doesn't PK me?

*gasp*

So I am continuing on my way, becoming the Mongbat Lord, slowly working up some cash for some more really rad and k00l vendor armor.. when..

a RED appears!

OH NO! I just know he is gonna PK me for this 300 gp leather tunic I bought from the Moonglow vendor. It is so RARE he must have have it and will peel it off my dead corpse..

I brace for the worse... and then it happened.

He ignored me!

WTF?!?! Here I am -- fresh newb meat, and the big bad old Red ignores me and does not cut me in half with his unholy sword of bloody entrails +10.

All I can say is so far, so good.

[/ QUOTE ]

You want to run into a cold hearted ruthless red.... COME SEE ME Ill serve you up REAL quick... SCOOP.

S

Sirkus

<blockquote><hr>

You want to run into a cold hearted ruthless red.... COME SEE ME Ill serve you up REAL quick... SCOOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Make no mistake, I am not looking to be pwn'd.. just happy that I have not been so far.

And if I do? eh. Whatever. It's part of the game. I'll probably call you names as a ghost so make sure your spirit speak is turned in. Besides.. the skeletons at Brit Cem have been providing plenty of armor lately for this newb. (more on that later!)

S

Sirkus

<blockquote><hr>

love the sig and welcome to siege

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks and Thanks. It's simple, understated, but it gets the point across.

Now I just have to work up poisoning to make the sig mean something. BAH!