• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So... How is it?

• Thread starter Daelus Wester
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
D

Daelus Wester

I have been checking around here and there but not seeing alot of feedback about the game as it stands post-launch. I realize there are official forums and whatnot but figured that by now I would see some more info here.
Cheers!

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So far so good for me. I cant decide on what class I want to play and have been playing them all till around level 10 or so. but overall, its good for me.

P

Penti

I've been having an absolute blast so far. Have been taking it slow and steady to enjoy the storyline, which for Bounty Hunter is very enjoyable. Everything has been stable and alot of the beta bugs/glitches have been fixed, although there are still a few present.

Got to Level 27 so far with my BH Mercenary and have just started a Sith Inquisitor Alt (for the additional crewskills).

My only critisism so far, that I didnt know in beta, is that the guild "support" is non existent so far. I would have liked/expected to see more guild features at release.

Remo_Williams

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Love it myself. My only complaint is I wasn't smart enough to level an inquisitor first!!. This warrior is abit more complicated to me. Its a really fun game.

Trageon

Adventurer
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have a lvl 27 jedi sentinel i can't say i'm any happier about the game now and i doubt i'll continue playing after my 29 days free are up, so i find that, skills cost to much, items cost to much, repairs cost to much, crafting will bankrupt you big time, it's nearly impossible to fight a boss your lvl solo. quests don't pay near enough, the drops suk and are hardly worth anything, crafting resource nodes are few and far between. All in all i would have to conclude that SW-TOR is yet another failure that was way over played in their advertisements

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So wait, because YOU dont like it its a failure? While I do agree they need to look at the friggen crafting system cause its currently WORTHLESS, the game itself to me is great.

The content is amazing. Its the first month, and they will tweak this and tweak that and all that. And all the items are going to cost to much at the start. Everyone is trying to find a median to sell there wares/items. Every MMO has a rough start. Everyone comes in saying its not like WoW or UO or this or that. Im sure, that there are some qualities that you find fun.

Trageon

Adventurer
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
don't get me wrong, i love star wars, i went and saw episode 4 the week it was released. right now SW-TOR is a big disapointment to me as was Star Trek Online, at $65 a pop for the pre-orders it's a real bummer. we'll see what they do in the future, i love the combat and content, but it needs a great deal of re-working in my opinion, the space combat is horrible, it's like 2D, you cant go faster, slow down, stop or even do a 180*, there is no free flight at all.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I like the space missions but I would like to see some free movement too. Kinda makes me miss the old Wing Commander days! But its only been out two weeks and they fixed a lot of stuff in the beta. THey will continue to fix this and tweak that. UO wasnt perfect, WoW wasnt perfect, they have a great fan base and will build on that.

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the system of things being expensive makes a refreshing change. By the time I finished playing WOW i had tons of gold and nothng to do with it. I made so much crap from selling resources I actually got bored and thought why I am earning money with nothing to really spend it on.

I've got to Level 42 Trooper and have tooo many resources. And yet my Armstech skill is maxed at 400 and yet I still have more materials coming in lol. Once I hit 50 I will concentrate on using up my stuff to make things to sell. Should be a very tidy profit.

But at the same time other people in my guild are poor with managing their money and burn it all on crafting. I can only speak for Armstech but one method of saving money, and leveling up the skill, is to just train on crafting weapon barrels and only buy the new ones of those. Then once you max it out and have spare cash you can buy other recipes.

I agree the skill cost is bad but I'm really not findiing it difficult to pay for stuff.

I am fully enjoying this game. Its been awhile since I said that. Its not as classic as those first days in Star Wars Galaxies but its a purchase I'm glad I made. For a time I was going to cancel my pre-order after seeing the constant hate and trolling on other websites about how bad this would be. Glad I didn't.

As they say, haters gonna hate.

Triberius

Firefall Moderator | LotRO Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Loving it...

There are problems but no game gets released without them.

Crafting needs some serious love, right not too many crafts are imbalanced in the market place because of "End Game" concerns. And Crafting is expensive. Biggest issue at the moment is you can get gear at lvl 50 that surpasses what can be crafted with the exception of Bio-chem items, but the top tier Bio-chem items require you to have Bio-chem to use. It's killing crafters, they are great while leveling up, but once you hit lvl 50 there just isn't a place for them in your life anymore.

Credits...well you hit a spot in the mid 20's where it seems like you just can't get enough to handle what you need for skill training, crafting etc. Once you get around lvl 30 though that issue dissolves, I've got a lvl 33 Sith Warrior on Grandmaster Zym, and while I don't know if it will become an issue again, right now I rake in 20k credits fairly quickly.

Mobs come in 3 types, Weak, Strong, and Elite. Weak enemies are just that, but you need to think about how you tackle the Strong an Elites, sometimes this is a huge upset though. There are alot of places you run into 2 Strongs or a Strong and an Elite close enough together if you don't tackle them the right way you get curb stomped. During Beta Strong and Elite's were way underpowered, you could breeze through them, they got a bit over-tuned, but further patching is helping that a bit.

Triberius

Firefall Moderator | LotRO Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have a lvl 27 jedi sentinel i can't say i'm any happier about the game now and i doubt i'll continue playing after my 29 days free are up, so i find that, skills cost to much, items cost to much, repairs cost to much, crafting will bankrupt you big time, it's nearly impossible to fight a boss your lvl solo. quests don't pay near enough, the drops suk and are hardly worth anything, crafting resource nodes are few and far between. All in all i would have to conclude that SW-TOR is yet another failure that was way over played in their advertisements

Around that level sucks, mid 20's is where the first huge cost jump happens, it gets better I promise!... Way to make some quick credits though, go run the Early level flashpoints solo, I get about 3 pieces of Orange gear per run through when I do them, since they are Bind on Pickup out of the flashpoints sell them if you can't use them you'll make an extra 1k credits for about 15 minutes of running around over the normal payout and looted credits. I average about 3-4k credits running Black Talon through once a day takes me about a half an hour.

Also Space missions might be a cheezy little minigame, but you can earn some credits, and good amount of XP running the Space Mission quest from the terminal on your ship.. I get 9k-10k XP each mission I complete along with fleet commendations I'm saving up for bartering.

H

Haedra

I am really loving the game. In fact its the only MMO that I have found interesting since COH/COV (never could get into WoW). The combat is a lot of fun, the graphics are good and the built in game story is unheard of in any other MMO. The voiceover work is top grade and really immerses you further into the story. For an initial launch, TOR's also done remarkably well and they have been quick to patch the bugs that made it through beta. Definitely a game I would recommend to anyone; I'm addicted :D