• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So how does this invasion malarky work?

• Thread starter Trevelyan
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

Trevelyan

Sorry if this has been posted already, but I can't find it anywhere - how does the invasion work? Stages? 3 towns are invaded on Europa - falsehood, cowardice and hatred NPCs in different towns but there is no "invasion" forces - at what stage do they appear? Doesn't exactly help when there is nobody around really to help kill anything, either.. though it is a bit early I guess

Plus, what do the townspeople give as loot (if anything) and does the "innocent slaying" have any detremental effect on you?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know how each town get's started, but Yew on Catskills is under siege, full of Demons and Red NPC invasion warriors. (well at least it was yesterday afternoon) I was over there fighting, and took out a few NPC's and they didn't have any negative effect on me that I noticed. But then again I did have my hands full of demons. I think once they turn grey they are considered a monster.

M

Moreeg

Yep, I was in (geez, it was late... I dont remember now)"another city" and the NPCs amd vendors were displaying [Falsehood] next to their name. ONe stole from me immediatley, and as he was grey I gave it a shot to kill him, because I was afraid he had stolen something good (it just said "Something has been taken from your bag") He started walking off, so I didnt want to check and just pursued and took a swing. When he died I got a message that oit was returned to my bag and didnt have to loot to get it back, so I never found out what it was. There were a lot of NPCs milling around, and I didnt want to get gang ganked so I left right away.

But no detrimental effect from killing the grey Faleshood NPC, but the body just had clothes and a weapon. I dont think it even had gold. I would assume that the Anger ones would be the same.

I was in Yew for a minute and saw Daemons and the red NPCs and some kind of elemental I hadnt seen before (Im new back to the game after a while away). In Brit the NPCs were in Cowardice and I didnt see anything until I crossed to the east side on the bridge, and there were dragons everywhere.

I ran away!

M

Moreeg

I just ran into my first [Angry] NPC...

"You have slain an innocent..."

*crap*

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There was stuff on GL yesterday but today Nada...... Been all over haven't seen anything today

M

Moreeg

Wonder what that is about? It didnt give a murder count when I did the same thing. A bug perhaps?

I meant to mention that... It gave me that message, but it didnt give a murder count when I reflected on my sins. Maybe it IS just a bug?

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I meant to mention that... It gave me that message, but it didnt give a murder count when I reflected on my sins. Maybe it IS just a bug?
Just to make you feel bad and lose some karma. No murder counts for that

S

Sarphus

I haven't seen many invasions on origin and when I do see invasions they are short lived. basically the invasion is there for a short while and then everything despawns to make way for a crimson dragon.

To make matters worse, it is really easy for a single person to prevent invasions from happening on a low population server, becuase we don't have populations that would allow for sigils being guarded around the clock. We have an international player that farms our shard. he's apparently after the faction artifacts and he steals all the sigils held by evil every night, so the invasions don't happen.

I'm not about to guard the sigils... I work, so I have to sleep at night. It looks like my whole guild has the same situation.

I had hoped that this system would be really fun, but so far it has been a whole lot of nothing. Also, the graveyard spawns are teleporting back if you get them even half a screen away from the graveyard, which disproportionately punishes low population shards. Thanks whiners...

I had hoped that I would have some fun event stuff to do this weekend... now I'm macroing skills because there's basically nothing to do.