• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So how do you like being a tinker?

V

vorius

I am trying to juggle a decision on what craft I should train next. It is between tinkering and bowyer/fletcher. I would like to do what is more lucrative. any suggestions?

What seems to make good money as a tinkerer? Are you guys getting filthy rich or begging for scraps at the end of the day?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have two gm tinkerer on a shard (and only one account *g*).
- for the first char (my crafter) tinkering is more like a support-skill. With a few ingots in my pack, i am never running out of tools. I am looking forward to earn a talisman with 25% eceptional tinkering bonus. That way I would only produce exceptional shovels.
- the second char fells more under the fun section. She sometimes goes out with a golem. It is a selfmade one and she is able to repair him.
Tinkering is not really a money making skill, but it can safe your honor in some situations. (Repairing someone an armour set and running out of repair tools ... Making new tools, when you craft en masse for npcs like bods or for heartwood.)

G

Bowyer/Fletcher is more lucrative if you can get the runic tools, and the special woods. Enhancing a decent bow into a really good bow can mean a 100k better selling price. Tinkering is really limited selling wise you need to get the three recipes (pendant of magi, essence of battle, and resilient bracer) which require some hard to get resources to make. The "regular" magic rings and bracelets are just too random to count on for money, you can make 20 and get total junk. and you can only enhance butchers knives and cleavers.

Tinkering however is very nice to have on a multi-craft character, being able to make your own tools is great, and for some tools the durability difference of crafted over storebought is huge.

Rey~

G

To date...

Tinkers: 9 across 3 shards
Fletchers: 1 on Europa

Gold made to date:

Fletcher: Very little
Tinkers: Even less!

However, with the right tools and a little RL luck, a fletcher will definitely be the more lucrative of the two.