• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So close!

A

Azureal

Ugh....sitting at 99.8 Lockpicking...I can almost feel it. Im guessing my only options are:

1. Get a GG for the next two days in a row.

2. Or get discorded and hit some tinker boxes.

This has been an ongoing skill training session over the past 5 or so years.

T

Teeshy

Oooh, well done! I had to go the GG way - that last day I was SO pleased with myself ;)

Good luck for the last .2!

D

DarkScripture

I talked about this not so long ago. About how having to use a "trick" to gain from 95 up is not the best way. I asked that gains be made easier from real use IN DUNGEONS and was flamed. I was told I should use the same method as everyone else and to stop cry because I was whining and unwilling to train the way "everyone else" does. I myself agree that the last few point are a bit slow. I even posted the amount of gold as proof to the number of chest I had opened at that time. I have since GM mine doing it the hardway I got on everyday and worked it for 1 hour in 2 months time I got only ONE gain other than my GG daily. this was doing a full cycle of the highest dungeon chest. I would go around and clear the area, then hit them just at the right speed allowing them time to reset. The real time gain is WAY to slow.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I talked about this not so long ago. About how having to use a "trick" to gain from 95 up is not the best way. I asked that gains be made easier from real use IN DUNGEONS and was flamed. I was told I should use the same method as everyone else and to stop cry because I was whining and unwilling to train the way "everyone else" does. I myself agree that the last few point are a bit slow. I even posted the amount of gold as proof to the number of chest I had opened at that time. I have since GM mine doing it the hardway I got on everyday and worked it for 1 hour in 2 months time I got only ONE gain other than my GG daily. this was doing a full cycle of the highest dungeon chest. I would go around and clear the area, then hit them just at the right speed allowing them time to reset. The real time gain is WAY to slow.
I just GM'd my 3rd lockpicker a couple of days ago. Got .3 doing my final run of the dungeon/trinsic/vesper/crypt chests, plus the brigand chests on Trinsic Isle. Well, if you counted the gold you are getting, it's still a pretty decent rate. Plus I am a cheapskate and drink the poitions (poison included, but I save it until I get cure potions as well, vice versa), loot all the bolts/arrows, keep the wands with > 50 charges, keep all the pretty gems for crafting.

E

Evilminion

Congrats congrats!!

Sounds like lockpicking and taming are equal crazy-makers when you get to higher levels, heh. But I'm sure that makes your achievement all the more sweet!

S

Sarphus

Congrats congrats!!

Sounds like lockpicking and taming are equal crazy-makers when you get to higher levels, heh. But I'm sure that makes your achievement all the more sweet!
well... lockpicking can be trained to GM in about a day by getting discorded. Taming takes about 3 days to GM from 50.

If you do lp the hard way, it's certainly a crazy maker, though.

A

Azureal

Congrats congrats!!

Yeah, it does :)

Question, are GG gains once every 24 hours, or simply once per day after the server resets?

E

Eslake

well... lockpicking can be trained to GM in about a day by getting discorded. Taming takes about 3 days to GM from 50.

If you do lp the hard way, it's certainly a crazy maker, though.
Very true.
;) But then Taming sort of Begins at 100, while Lockpicking Ends at it.
Gaining Taming after 100 is a grueling weeks long process.

Personally I would just continue doing the chest rounds.
It won't make you wealthy by today's standards, but you can (very rarely) get a good magic item and just might hit that double bump in the RNG and get to 100 in 2 chests.

I can't find my list of dungeon chests or I would paste it here. :(

L

Luna Lagger

Haha good job, I made my lockpicker many many years ago :)

A

Azureal

Thanks for the posts guys, the support is nice :)

Any suggestions of chest locations would be awesome. I do Destard L1, the Acid Ele in Despise, Lizardman sawn in Despise, Ettin/Earth Ele loc in Despise. I see someone mentioned Trinsic and Vesper...which chests would these be?

Ive got a stack of Paragon chests just waiting to be popped :)

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
99.9 in any skill is always bittersweet. You are so close to your goal, but still just so far. Just reading this thread makes me feel like I am there myself.

CONGRATS!!! You're almost there!!!:thumbup:

J

Jhym

Trinsic chests are in the guardposts and bank. The bank chests are level 3 and 4's, a few of the guardposts have level 5 chests. The Felucca chests are the best to do though.

X

xempathy

Had to jump in, but i was wondering how you GM taming in 3 days. I'm at 88 or so and I have a ton of trouble gaining.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Ugh....sitting at 99.8 Lockpicking...I can almost feel it. Im guessing my only options are:

1. Get a GG for the next two days in a row.

2. Or get discorded and hit some tinker boxes.

This has been an ongoing skill training session over the past 5 or so years.

Congrats on hitting GM LP

My prefered way has been to make 3 sets of Tinker Boxes (30 skill, 70 skill, GM skill) and go to the Twisted Wield and get a Satyr to disco me. Can GM LP in about 10-12 hours that way and never touch a Dungeon Chest. Same works for Cartography just ride a Blue Beetle to carry Blank Scrolls or Extra Lockpicks in.

D

Dor of Sonoma

WOOHOO!!!

Man am I ever so happy.

*grins*

Congratulations on a job well-done!

P.S. Vesper Mint (Felucca-side, anyway) boasts rapidly spawning chests and crates in three of the back rooms :)

A

Azureal

*grins*

Congratulations on a job well-done!

P.S. Vesper Mint (Felucca-side, anyway) boasts rapidly spawning chests and crates in three of the back rooms :)
Thanks for all the congrats everyone!

And Dor, the bank was great aye, chests spawn there so much quicker than dungeons, really strange.

I

Infiniti

Congrats Azureal...you're gonna love it!! I was so excited when I finally gm'd it. No more asking for help to open those high level chests. :D

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats!

A bit late, but the safe ones I go to are -
Trinsic (west bank in fel)
Vesper (bank in both tram and fel)
Yew Crypts North (tram and fel)
Yew Crypts South (tram and fel)
Destard (in the cove to the east near water ele, then run into the main room if there are alot of folks farming there)
Ice Artic Ogre Lord (the one near the ratman spawn, you can lure the AOL away, the other AOL and the WW one is a bit harder unless someone's farming there already)
And one more in some swampy area part of a dungeon, like the poison/acid ele one in your pic. Can you remind me where that this? I forgot and couldn't find it on my last round.

These chests are a very reliable soure of wands.

C

CroakerTnT

The worst part was when I lost GM lp down to 98.2 in a soulstone accident...

T

Teeshy

Argh, couple days late - but congrats on finally getting there =D

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
100% proof that skill gain needs to be made easier. Power hour days made this simple. now it's painful and annoying.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks all!

Next is lumberjacking, 0.1 at a time!
I'm doing that one myself right now actually. It's not as bad as I figured it would be. But I still can't decide which one is more boring though.