• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So after I Pounded my keyboard into submission!

• Thread starter StaticOnAtlantic
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

StaticOnAtlantic

So last night, I have decided to drop my original template Necro/Weave/Mage due carpol tunnle syndrome setting in and my keyboard crying for help! :gee:

WITH that being said, I have chosen the route of a tamer! Yeah something else I have never done in 10 years. So heres the temp idea

Tame
Lore
Vet
Weave
Mage
Eval

All 120's, I droped med because I have like 65 LMC and 9 mr. and i figured I prob didnt need it any more. I heard a peace tamer is really successful but I have no idea, thoughts?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Lmc is capped at 40. I think that with weaving, you'll want meditation. Weaving's pretty mana intensive. Fallon uses this template:

110 taming (including your skill increasing items)
115 lore
110 vet
110 mage (wear a tome of lost knowledge for +15 magery to bring yourself to 110)
105 weaving
100+ eval
100 meditation

With skill jewels, you could bring eval and med even higher.

S

StaticOnAtlantic

Just ruin the fun dont you!, lol Man Im all over the place.... cant figure out what I want to do....... blah

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Hey, we're all new at something. I couldn't plant a plant or fish a MIB to save my life.

L

Luke Carjacker

Yeah, LMC is capped at 40.

Of all the tamer templates out there, the one I'd suggest most strongly is discord tamer. If you haven't used discord before, you'll be amazed at the effect it has. Dragons will seem like drakes after a discord, balrons will seem like regular demons for your pet to munch on.

Another thing you need to consider is the difference between using a tamer to do stuff, and actually taming animals. When you actually head out to tame animals, then 120 taming is really nice, and peace makes taming tougher creatures a lot easier. If you plan to do a limited amount of actual taming, or plan to acquire your pets through other means, the 115/110 taming/lore (or vice versa) is enough, and discord would be much more effective.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have and use a Weave tamer VERY Effectivly

Skillz Real / Modified
Eval 105 / 1105
Mage 95 / 120
Med 90 / 90
SW 113 / 113
Tame 102 / 120
Lore 105 / 114
Vet 110 / 110

My HP 125
Man 143
LRC 100
LMC 40
MR 12

Using SW and casting spells to damage gritters and occasionally healing with spell to backup vet (or when firghint area effect critters Castine to heal) You deffinatly NEED Meditaion MR wil not maintain your mana enough to handle the spells used. With imbuing you cna make a VERY nice suit to handle this the MR helps.

As for taming the critters you need let me know if your on ATL ill be happy to help outift you. I would maintain a minimum of 115 tam and lore for control reasons.

Good luck tmaing and welcome to the fold.

U

uoBuoY

...Of all the tamer templates out there, the one I'd suggest most strongly is discord tamer. If you haven't used discord before, you'll be amazed at the effect it has. Dragons will seem like drakes after a discord, balrons will seem like regular demons for your pet to munch on....
Absolutely correct for 3 reasons:

1 - When I attempt to tame a Discoed creature, it hits me for a whole lot less damage.

2 - A Discoed pet trains up much faster than non-Discoed. E.g.: fresh tamed Discoed Cu (not even bonded!) + 9 Spectral Spellbinders = gm Resist in < 2 hrs.

3 - With Disco I can farm tough creatures (fast kills, <10 secs) that non-Disco tamers wouldn't consider farm-able.

Search the Tamer forum for "Disco" to get a lot more opinions.