• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So a Dev walks in and wants to know how Siege can be "fixed"...

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

It also gives players time to build things such as respect, reputation, character

[/ QUOTE ]

How's that coming by the way?

H

HalfDead

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

It also gives players time to build things such as respect, reputation, character

[/ QUOTE ]

How's that coming by the way?

[/ QUOTE ]

I love my reputation, crafters all over Britania fear me, wanna see my murder counts?

G

Ginsu-SP

<blockquote><hr>

Maybe you should go through all your threads and see how many times you were "giggling", err I mean acting like a 10 year old. IMO that's the biggest problem Siege has adopted in the past couple years, and that is the lack of sense of humor. Siege never used to be as soft as it has become here lately. People get older and they get more annoyed for some reason or another, maybe that's when it's really time to hang it all up? I mean when ya can't have fun anymore then it's really not a game any longer. Correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, my name is Ginsu....

In the past I may have acted like a 10 year old.
In the past I may have *giggled* too much.
In the past I may have seemed not to laugh enough.
In the past I may have acted like an old man.
At times it may seem to you that I'm not having fun.
At times it may seem to you that I'm having too much fun.

You never make sense.

It always takes you 10 posts to get a point across... and it's never the point
you started out to make. You just like to argue.

So no... you're not correct.

Cheers!

p.s. I couldn't give a rat's ass if you think I'm having fun or not CheapSuit.
I know I am, my friends and guildies know that I am... so please... go find
a lumberjack to kill so you'll have some armor to wear tonight.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I understand why you feel the way you do, I also think the reason for the long period of building a character is to allow new players to learn our lands and our ways of doing things here rather than just throwing them out in the field and telling them to go for what they know.

It also gives players time to build things such as respect, reputation, character, and for the already established players to learn more about these new comers so that we can treat them accordingly.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds odd saying it, but I agree with Cheapsuit on this.

G

If players want Item Insurance, there are alot shards to choose, Siege sure not need item insurance.

We need to get rid of all blessing and together with that we need better crafted items so upper items won't be that upper vs crafted items.

I

imported_Varka

<blockquote><hr>

If players want Item Insurance, there are alot shards to choose, Siege sure not need item insurance.

We need to get rid of all blessing and together with that we need better crafted items so upper items won't be that upper vs crafted items.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, that has been one of my comments in the past.

And I agree, to a point; top-end (or reasonably top-end) equipment should be player-crafted and readily available to a reasonable extent.

Educate my ignorance: Do marties and Tokuno minor arties still spawn? Can you still trade up for the major Tokuno artifacts?

In any event, I've said my piece on a forum for a game I don't even play anymore. I'll go back to lurking once a month or so.

Varka

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You never answered my question sir, did Darkness not spend some playing time on "an island" also?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Educate my ignorance: Do marties and Tokuno minor arties still spawn? Can you still trade up for the major Tokuno artifacts?

[/ QUOTE ]

As far I know, marties still spawn but not Tokuno minor arties.

H

HalfDead

To my knowledge he did spend some time on a Island once, and from what he has told me, he liked it but the population just wasn't there.

M

Masumatek

Imo new players can only make it better. We might get lucky and get a lot more good people coming to Siege. We might not and get a lot of aholes instead. Either way, that doesn't really matter. What will happen is we will get more players, good or bad, who knows. But we will. At this point there is already so little honor left on Siege, so many scammers and asshats, and the community is so weak, that it doesn't really make a difference if we get more. Player justice is all but dead on Siege. Again, it can only get better. At least, no matter what "quality" of people we get, we'll be able to find people. Right now our population is spread so thin. The only other solution to this problem is making Siege a one facet shard. That won't happen. This can.

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

What will happen is we will get more players, good or bad, who knows. But we will. At this point there is already so little honor left on Siege, so many scammers and asshats, and the community is so weak, that it doesn't really make a difference if we get more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I call BS... we do have Story Night inside the Guard Zone after all! *thumbs up*

G

There's been quite an influx of people, Masu. I've been keeping track of some of the new people to the shard and welcoming them to Siege. There have been a lot of interesting and good people I've talked to so far, and I look forward to what name or reputation they will make for themselves in the coming months.

There has been times where things might seem more empty or lackluster, but I can tell you right now that Siege's community is not dead yet.

If you want something done, you have to put it into your own hands and do something about it.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont know what you talking about skill gain. Skill gain on Siege it 1000 times easier that skill gain on a trammy shard. In 8 years of playing, I only had one 7x Gm character a trammel shard. Here all my characters are maxed out with extra skill on stones. Skill gain on trammel shard is pain in ass cruising on boat for hours just to get few gains. I rather play the game than go sailing.

G

I'm not sure if people cruise boats to gain anymore. 8x8 was removed awhile ago when they got rid of the anti-macro code.

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

I rather play the game than go sailing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm... 8x8 has been gone for a while now.

G

<font color="red">My 2 cents worth...</font>

Skill Gain:
5,10,15 timers remain
Max Skill Gain per Skill per Day - 3.0

If training smith &amp; tailor &amp; both are 70.1, each would be able to goto 73.1 per in the same day.

NO TOTAL SKILL GAIN CAP per period

No blessed items with the exception of the single personal bless item.

Enhance crafting to bring back it's value.

Make artifacts just that, artifacts. Limit # of spawn per month. Level 10-11 1 per month spawned.

<font color="blue">ahhh and finally, the letter "C" stricken from the Siege shard alphabet. Cause I love "C" and it loves me. *smart a$$ grin*</font>

H

HalfDead

RTLFC...... Actually the worst thing EA ever done to UO besides AOS was to introduce the luck bullcrap, everyone should have a fair chance to get good item spawns without having the best luck suits on the shard.