• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

So a Dev walks in and wants to know how Siege can be "fixed"...

K

Kat SP

What would you start with and what exactly is on the list of "things to be fixed"?

G

<blockquote><hr>

So a Dev walks in and wants to know how Siege can be "fixed"...

[/ QUOTE ]

Worded in that way, Kat...I was expecting a punchline to follow.

-Skylark

G

<blockquote><hr>

1. Remove blessed 7ae weapons/armors.
2. See #1

[/ QUOTE ]

And watch everyone on the server turn into a scribe mage and the price of SDI jewelry skyrocket.

Sorry, there's more to it than just that.

M

Masumatek

I'de start with:

Revamp of skill training system.

Removal of ALL blessings (7ae, Siege bless item, event, cbd, everything).
Siege balancing publish to balance Siege PvP based on Siege, not the item-based PvP of other shards.
Removal of instances.

I'de continue with:

Revival of factions and more reasons to PvP.
Separate Siege publishes to prevent trammy crap from bleeding in and damaging Siege.

As an extra bonus:

Removal of all soulstones to strengthen community and player interaction.

I'm sure there's a lot i'm missing...

*edit*
I'de also do a gold and item wipe and start over with loot quality severely weakened. Low-end crafted items should be able to compete with monster loot. Hmm....revamp the resource and crafting system altogether. You know what...it's not about Siege. UO sucks and needs to be remade into a whole new game.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Siege balancing publish to balance Siege PvP based on Siege, not the item-based PvP of other shards.

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

Separate Siege publishes

[/ QUOTE ]

Never gonna happen. If you wonder why, refer to the 3% quote everyone is so fond of bringing up, but never realize is the truth.

G

Ginsu-SP

This was a pretty good discussion on all that.

I'm sure that new problems would arise from any patchwork changes.

I'd like to see a dev who understands the mentality of Siege put together a
whole system that works... rather than just band-aids to shut us up.

All parts of the mechanics need to be looked at to make it all function coherently.
You can't really just say "unbless everything" without balancing the lesser armor
most people would wear to the increased power of weapons, and spell dmg.

I don't think they are motivated to bring us a special system. And I don't think
they believe more people would come play a well run "risk=fun" shard. I hope I'm
wrong, but I think we'll keep getting "band-aids".

My quick-fix...
1. Unbless everything except spell books, and runebooks.
2. Raise the resists on GM made armor to be more balanced with current weapon
and spell damage.
3. Do away with bags of sending, petballs, and powder.

Cheers!

R

racerx dta

So unblessing 7AE would fix it? Why would you want less resists? Weapons and pvp are only hitting harder and I know you probably only wear GM armor .. So less resists means you get hit harder. I know you wouldnt want that, cause more tears for you. Remeber the days of getting 1 shot.

If you want to help out siege, making spined runics give higher resist properties then Gm would be a good start, make the resist cap 75-80. This would help with pvp a little. I shouldnt be able to hit someone for 40 dmg with a concusion because i do not have tactics or anatomy.

Make 2 minute stat loss on death if you are involved in a fight as an aggressor or retaliation. This would eliminate naked tamers from ressing and coming back with "all kill" Turn down the cast rate on most monsters.

Make it so you can only do a set number of peerless/doom in a day. This would slow down the rate of the crazy weapons and items coming into the game. They would still be obtainable but not in the quantity they are coming in. Lower the intensities on the items obtained from peerlesses.

Give shak a blaze cuside, and he would like blaze cloth easier to obtain.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I don't think they are motivated to bring us a special system.

[/ QUOTE ]

Money talks.

G

First: Remove the ROT daily limits. Man I hate ROT. It's the same kind of clock-slavery that power-hour was and I hated that too.

I don't mind the 5/10/15 minute intervals, but I hate having to work my skills from 8-9:30 every friggin day.

Second, I agree, unbless the 7AE items. They are overpowered on siege.

Third, the PvP balance is overdue. Currently, because of the AI nerf, the perfection nerf, the crit-hit nerf, a dexer is tough to run in PvP. It's therefore not surprising that the current gimp template is the bushido mage - never get hit, but you can still explosion/flamestrike FTW. Mages can usually heal right thru all your damage. Only mortals and poisoning make up for that, and a dexer usually doesn't have mana to chain these forever.

Overall, I think that siege is a much more balanced shard than most however. You don't see 100 LRC/40 LMC/15 MR/70's suits much on siege so the necro mage isn't overwhelming here.

Tamers are a little overpowered in PvP, but they go down fast to an archer. The tamer overpowering could be fixed by slowing down the rune beetle or preventing it from poisoning players.

Just a few random comments not very well thought out...

M

Masumatek

Ah...that's what I forgot. The training system on Siege needs a complete revamp. Siege is not only the vet shard, but a more PvP-centered shard. A casual player should be able to train a PvP-ready char in 1-2 weeks and a fully finished char in 3 max. That's max. I see nothing wrong with being able to train a char in a day or a few. NOT MONTHS of boring grinding. There's nothing, besides maybe housing, keeping new people off Siege more than having to go through the boring process of training chars for months on end.

I'de actually put revamping the training system above anything else...above doing away with blessings and balancing PvP. The others are important but can wait. What is more essential is having a healthy number of active players...something we are currently lacking in.

M

Mandolin

At the risk of sounding pesimistic.. I think Siege is beyond fixing. Perhaps a little balancing here and there is possible. But, at this point Siege is like a car that is driven day after day, year after year, with absolutely no maintenence except filling it with gas.

If we're realistic for a second.. Siege is just a production shard without insurance or Trammel and a few other inconveniences. These are/were attractive to people such as me and others who came over in the past few years as an alternative to the Utopia over on the production shard. But, eventually, its still just a production shard without insurance or Trammel. If it were given the constant attention it needed from the beginning, then perhaps things might be different today.

But, as it stands now.. the only choice the devs have is to rebuild the car or scrap it for parts.

So.. there are bandaid fixes here and there that have already been mentioned. Which in turn will either cause more imbalance or different problems all together. But, at the end of the day, the brutal reality of it is..

If a character transfer token can't be turned in for Community Collection points or whatever after almost a year.. what makes any one think the entire shard can be fixed?

Just tossing a rain cloud out there...

S

Saturos

Unbless 7ae items, but increase the base resists on GM armor (especially non medable armor) to compensate for it. Also reduce all pet damage in pvp by 20%, since the pet damage and stats of newer pets were designed to compete with people wearing trammie suits, not gm armor.
And I personally wouldnt mind seeing the passive detect ability like on other shards, its completely ******** that you can know EXACTLY where someone is and yet not be able to attack them.
Oh, and kick people from their house if they try to attack someone outside of it, regardless of who attacked first.

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just one of the top of my head, remove pet bonding for everything except basic horses, i use my tamer as much as anyone but i would welcome this change for sure.

M

Masumatek

I'de actually prefer just leaving pet bonding. IF they want to train their pet up let them. What else do they have to do? Imo instead major monsters should be untameable. They can keep their bonding...but only on lessers monsters. Pets should be an aid....something that helps you in killing the monsters, a shield to prevent you from being attacked....something that does only minor damage to a player, nothing that does most or all of the work for you. Rune beetles, dragons, wws, those damn dogs, hiryus, and others, should not be tameable.

Trolls T Hunter

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"So unblessing 7AE would fix it? Why would you want less resists?"

your assumption is that everyone has 7AE items.

First off unbless everything like back in the old days and Remove pet bonding

I

imported_Trep

*hell freezes over*

i agree with you actually spyder.....i think its beyond saving at this point. The only thing that in my opinion that would save the population of this shard is to open up character transfers but then we'd get all the great dupes and bs from trammie shards and still lose.

the only other way is to get them to work specifically on this shard and fix the long standing bugs along with a total revamp of pvp....and that just aint gonna happen.

*sigh*

andvari

I

imported_Krystal

-REMOVE EVASION
-anyone with no ar should get 1 hit killed
-raise resists on ar then remove the sammie blessed items
-remove prepatched weapons
-when tamers pets are in combat (agressor), shouldnt be able to log them out they should have gate rules (2 min timer) souldnt be able to ball them either till 2 min are up
-get rid of script farmers
-make old dungeons useful again (even if monsters dropped a unique lookin chair every 10000 monsters killed would bring farmers)
-new statues on boss monster
-more stuff to make with boss ingredents
-get rid of stalkers!

I

imported_CountLovE

Siege needs more players. Almost everyone has left for Hybrid. Why don't the dev's talk to people who left the game for player run shards.

Perhaps a better incentive for other people to migrate to this shard from other shards?

It really sucks logging in at 2am and finding 1 person at Luna bank AFK. There is soo much real estate in game, but there is no one to cover it. You can roam all around the map and you won't find anything other than npc's and monsters. Everyone just hangs out at Luna Bank.

Remember when it was fun to hide at the Wrong entrance and pk? Hell.. Any dungeon back in the day was a great place to camp and kill.

I wish I had a time machine so I could go back to 1997 with a DSL connection, and play UO.

Damn it EA, you guys are loosing your touch!!

Also. I don't get this. Why do I lag to death when I try running by the Super Kmart of Vendors West of Luna? I am on a 2 gig machine with 3.2 P4. That is insane. You guys need to fix the whole Vendor lag thing, or limit it. This game lags more now than it has ever done in the history of my playing.

I do hope EA comes out with a new engine, or RPG that is backwards compatible with all old UO accounts.

3rd Dawn was a joke. The 3D models, and Animation are now, and were then totally bad amateur attempts at most. One of the reasons why the 2D sprites look so much better is because they were consistent, and had an original look.

That's my rant.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Give Gm armor better resist. fix metal and scale armor.
Remove bless from 7th anniversary items
Keep one Siege bless.
Remove pet bonding but let person use their siege bless on a pet for a bond.
Remove pet balls, bags of sending, Instant corpses, remove logging off and on to get pets.
Make low hammers and spined some thing that is use able.

I

imported_Krystal

ohh ya i forgot REMOVE THAT DAMNED STUCK OPTION!!!!!
sick camping places to find out after hr of waiting they used helped stuck!! grrrrr

I

imported_CountLovE

<blockquote><hr>

ohh ya i forgot REMOVE THAT DAMNED STUCK OPTION!!!!!
sick camping places to find out after hr of waiting they used helped stuck!! grrrrr

[/ QUOTE ]

No way, that is a handy dandy tool. Get off your butt, and hunt them before they flee.

I

imported_Trep

ok now heres the thing......i can only use help stuck when i'm a ghost....when i'm alive it just brings up the reason box...does not everyone have that now?

I

imported_Krystal

huh??
u cant get into the bosses unless ur in party with the person with the key... rather kill them after when they carrying all the goodloot!

I

imported_CountLovE

Seriously though.. To fix UO. Would be to bring more players to the shard. Give people who quit a meaningful reason to come back.

K

Kat SP

It's amazing to me with so many things that are broken, that no one has listed things such as..

- Correcting the "no beneficial acts" message we get when trying to heal/rez someone that message shouldn't be attached to

- Flagging as an aggressor on guildmates [How the hell is this this come about anyway?]

- Correcting the "wouldst thou flee during the heat of battle" message we get as a ghost

- Using factions to bless armor [yes there are people who farm lifeforce pts just to bless their armor for a lousy 30 minutes, then go off to farm more]

Ideally, I would remove monster ignore and the bless armor option on Siege.
I would also remove the Self Rez ability from the virtue system.
Add a 2 minute timer to Pet Summoning Balls.
Remove all current weapons and armor to go back to the pre AoS Weapon/Armor system.
Remove all Jewels with mods from Siege.

I'm sure I will think of more and add to the list as we go.

I

imported_CountLovE

"Ideally, I would remove monster ignore and the bless armor option on Siege. "

That is one of the only reason why some people are in factions. Removing monster ignore wouldn't fix siege.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remove Factions bring back Chaos/Order all guild must pick one. If you don't want to fight don't join a guild.

K

Kat SP

Neither would any of the other suggestions if they were implimented on their own.

How about try coming up with your own list instead of debating everyone elses?

I

imported_CountLovE

<blockquote><hr>

Neither would any of the other suggestions if they were implimented on their own.

How about try coming up with your own list instead of debating everyone elses?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't Debating. I was suggesting. And it is true. I asked someone what is the point of being in a Factions, and they said Monster ignore. I said is there anything else? Not really. What benefits do you get? A dark wolf? A Silversteed? Come on. This is a PK shard.

But seriously speaking. I did create a list.

To fix Siege:

1. GET MORE PLAYERS ON SIEGE. (not worth fixing if few people play on it).

2. Connect Seige to other shards. Would be cool if people from other shards could enter another dimenson and go in a portal to bring them to Siege or something. (I would love to be there waiting on the other end.)

3. Get rid of Guards, or have a off duty guard time. (Like times when people don't don't play as much on siege 2am-8am or something like that.)

G

Ginsu-SP

At the risk of drawing THE WRATH OF KAT...

<blockquote><hr>

And it is true. I asked someone what is the point of being in a Factions, and they said Monster ignore. I said is there anything else? Not really. What benefits do you get? A dark wolf? A Silversteed? Come on. This is a PK shard.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you've never played factions on Siege... perhaps you should try it before you
think you are an authority just off what one guy told you. And Siege is a LOT
more than a "PK" shard. There are PKs here... but that is far from everything
that goes on here.

<blockquote><hr>

1. GET MORE PLAYERS ON SIEGE. (not worth fixing if few people play on it).

[/ QUOTE ]
No offense... but that's not a suggestion on what to fix... that would be the
result of the right fixes.

<blockquote><hr>

2. Connect Seige to other shards. Would be cool if people from other shards could enter another dimenson and go in a portal to bring them to Siege or something. (I would love to be there waiting on the other end.)

[/ QUOTE ]
OK... you wanna explain how this would work? Do you think production shard
players want to uninsure all their stuff and come fight here? The workable
version of what you're asking for there is to just make training easier... so more
players are likely to create chars here.

<blockquote><hr>

3. Get rid of Guards, or have a off duty guard time. (Like times when people don't don't play as much on siege 2am-8am or something like that.)

[/ QUOTE ]
Something like that could be fun... or just allow faction towns to be guard free...
so there are still some guardzones for people to trade, or take a break to re-equip.

I'm assuming you're fairly new here... so welcome to Siege.

Cheers!

K

Kat SP

Those are interesting suggestions. The point of my post was to get some discussion happening on what needs to be fixed or changed. I doubt the devs venture over here all that much, but if they were to stumble in, who knows what might come of it! Mind you, I'm not sitting here holding my breath.

As for monster ignore, it was the single reason I joined factions and it was also the reason I left. I wanted to try it, I did and I didn't care for it much. I didn't much care for "farming" lifeforce points, because I'd rather be out doing something fun. The fact of the matter, though, is that you have to farm the points in order to use it. Yuck. I also didn't use it very much and one of the times I did, I actually fell asleep at the keyboard while killing Travesty with some of my guildmates. I was bored out of my mind sitting there with nothing to do. I simply prefer being actively engaged while I am playing UO, otherwise, I might as well just log off and go sleep in my bed where I am more comfortable!

Furthermore, I feel it gives raiders [on Spawns or almost anywhere really] an unfair advantage over those who are not using monster ignore, or are not in factions at all. They don't have to deal with monsters targeting/doing damage to them, but their opponents do. Unless... Like I said before, their opponents are in factions.

IMO, that is an imbalance.

I

imported_CountLovE

First off. Just because you people play 24 hours a day and have no working job, doesn't mean you can act like the UO police.

My voice is as welcomed as yours.

I have been in factions before, but as you know. This game changes every week to suit people such as yourself.

And yeah, go ahead. Say it isn't for PK's, but when your blues are farming, they are farming for rares that will allow you reds to pk with.

There is more to UO than the game being a Luna chat hangout. And this game was at it's peak when people were having a blast pking back in the day. One of the greatest reasons why people come back to UO after playing WoW and all those other games is the Great PKing, and wonderful feeling of dry looting.

I suggest you try it.

G

Ginsu-SP

Oh! Ouch!

Gosh... a job!?

There's something to do besides chat in Luna 24/7?!

You really got me bub... cut me to the quick!! *gurgling choking sounds*

Again, Welcome to Siege... glad you got it all figured out already.

Cheers!

P

Phish Phan

I think that myself along with many others who have been here a lot longer than 90% of the current population of this shard have become pretty jaded by the dev teams' shortcomings as far as balancing this shard goes.

We waited 3 years to get the bug fixed so we could gain past 90 resist, and that was with constant complaining.

PBD's? Don't even get me started.

I understand that some of you may still have a shred of hope for things turning for the better, and hell, I used to be that way too, BUT, you really shouldn't put so much emotion and time into something that has been proven in the past to be nothing more than rhetoric: a balanced Siege.

But hey, good luck.

I

imported_CountLovE

<blockquote><hr>

Oh! Ouch!

Again, Welcome to Siege... glad you got it all figured out already.

Cheers!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude.. I have been here on and off for a long time. I have played UO since beta. No need to try and belittle me.

And about the portals, it would be easy to show a warning stating your items will be uninsured while in the Siege Dimension. It would allow people from other shards to see how they would handle themselves without having to build a character from scratch playing by themselves in a player empty Dungeon.

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

No need to try and belittle me.

[/ QUOTE ]

"First off. Just because you people play 24 hours a day and have no working job, doesn't mean you can act like the UO police."

I do believe you cast the first stone...

<blockquote><hr>

And about the portals, it would be easy to show a warning stating your items will be uninsured while in the Siege Dimension. It would allow people from other shards to see how they would handle themselves without having to build a character from scratch playing by themselves in a player empty Dungeon.

[/ QUOTE ]

While they say there is no such thing as a bad idea. I think you may have stumbled upon the exception to that.

G

Ginsu-SP

Well then... welcome back... or whatever.

You obviously have a production shard view of Siege.

Not belittliing you... just the facts.

By the way.. who is your char on Siege?

Cheers!

S

Slifer

Removing 7th AE items would kill all the melee people. It would turn into mages who FS/Explo for 140 dmg, because of the lack of Leggings of ember. Making GM armor more resists, that might help. Ill try and put together a little list for you all to read..

1. DO NOT take 7th AE items out, reduce the stats they have. Say... 5% on every stat. For sam, dci and resists. For leggings, reduce the resists they have, and give it -5% cold.

2. Make gm armor have higher resistances, by say.. 2% in all... see a trend here? By making each piece of crafted stronger, yet nerfing the uber-lewt items people have, crafters become a stronger part of siege. ALSO reduce the GM armor durability to say, 15.

3. Make powder of fort usable only on Artifacts and rares. People getting a single piece of leather, and then enhancing, so its resists total at like 90 or 95, and then keeping it forever because you bless? No. Thats not right. Keeping the same item, forever, puts crafters out of business.

4. KEEP SIEGE BLESS! So what if you get people who are bushido/swords, and parry every attack. They spent good money on their Sword of the Stampede, and thats why they use it. Artifacts shouldn't be limited to PvM.

5. Reduce the time between RoT gains, or let us gain several points in succession. If you wait 5 minutes, let us gain .5, and increase the daily max. 3.0 in 70's, 2.0 in 80's, and 1.0 per day in 90's. ALSO I agree with the increased wait time for skills over gm. You paid enough money for the scroll, you should be able to wait long enough to get the skill.

Hmm what else...

6. REDUCE PVP DMG! If you are fighting some monster with 90 resist all, then thats fine that your weapon's listed damage is say, 85. It works well enough. But when you do 85 dmg in pvp, and then that hit lightning works in there, and then you also did a concussion blow... you're doing what... 160? If you can get a 70 suit, good for you. But what if you cant? If you nerf pvp dmg by say... half would be good, it would last longer, you would need more people in big fights (healing stays teh same) and yes... this would promote ganks. But guess what? Ganks happen. I got majorly ganked by 6 EB2. 6 whole people, for a guy with 0 resistances.

7. Let people who aren't in factions put people who are into Stat, as long as the factioneer is the agressor. This would solve the issue of people with Monster Ignore on raiding spawns, because if you get your tamer (who is killing the boss or whatever) to kill that faction guy, hes stat. That means hes out for 20 minutes. Also, making the faction guy be the agressor puts red faction members at ease, because they have nothing to worry about. --To clarify-- I mean by the faction guy being agressor, I mean he has attacked a blue. Also if he is an agressor to a red, then that red can put him in stat. So even if that faction guy takes out the person he flagged on, his buddies (helping with the spawn) can put down the big mean baddie. Hehe.

8. Bring back Permagray. Even though I came after it was taken out, it sounds VERY fun. If somebody chases you around for 2 minutes, then you go blue, thats fun for a LITTLE but if you have to figure out a way to get completely away from them, now thats fun. (Also from what I understand permagray triggered all the time, what I mean is if you get caught, then you go permagray. If you dont get caught, well.. you dont get caught.

9. Introduce a new town. I dont mean like they did with the recent expansion, I mean just take Fellucia or Malas (Ish and Tokuno are fine) and just take out some scenery, and put in a town. I think a guard-protected wooden fort would be a nice town to have. And make it like a REAL town. Alleyways, main streets, add in some public horses for rental. (Actually this is a suggestion, not a fix. It might help, having a special town just for siege, but I really imagined UO sortof like I described here, wooden fort and all.)

Heres a little rant at Countlove...

I've only played on my computer for 24 straight once, and it was certainly not on UO because 24 hours of this is boring as hell. Farming for rares that let my red pk with? DUDE I dont have a red. And yeah I farm. Do I pk? Yeah, I do. I farm with krews, and he takes me all over. And I help him farm, too. I just got 10 summon daemon scrolls the other day, so I had some fun pk'ing with them. Guess what, I got 2 counts. So now Im 1/4. Am I going Red? No. Did I pk? Yes. Was it fun? Yes. Did I dryloot? NO! Drylooting is dumb, especially since I can steal most of what I loot in guardzones.

Thats prettymuch my post, I had a few more fixes/ideas but I cant quite remember them.

I

imported_CountLovE

<blockquote><hr>

9. Introduce a new town. I dont mean like they did with the recent expansion, I mean just take Fellucia or Malas (Ish and Tokuno are fine) and just take out some scenery, and put in a town. I think a guard-protected wooden fort would be a nice town to have. And make it like a REAL town. Alleyways, main streets, add in some public horses for rental. (Actually this is a suggestion, not a fix. It might help, having a special town just for siege, but I really imagined UO sortof like I described here, wooden fort and all.)

[/ QUOTE ]

What if Guards would only guard 1 Town every 3 hours. That way, people wouldn't just hang out in one town. If the guards changed to different towns, then it would force people to hang out at different towns in the game, and we would see more of the hard man hours that were put into everything else. I would love to fight around the Britain Graveyard again, having a 3 hour guard patrol in Britain would put blues at that bank, and then you would have fights in that area.

Does that make sense to anyone?

There could be a menu or something to display the protected town.

Think of this as map change in any other game. You are forcing people to try different area's. So one strategy might not be the same for each area. This would make things more interesting.

G

Ginsu-SP

People hardly hang out in towns already.

We actually have to have "Banksitting" events to get people to do what you want to stop.

Cheers!

V

Virgil Tempest

<blockquote><hr>

First off. Just because you people play 24 hours a day and have no working job, doesn't mean you can act like the UO police.

[/ QUOTE ]

That quote alone suggests that you know very, very little about Siege. I think most of us have serious responsibilities whether that be job, children, school, or something of the sort.

Now, as for what to fix...get rid of blessings and fix crafted armor (and crafting in general).

Speed up the training period (personally I love RoT but I see how it could be a discouragement to many). Perhaps speed up RoT gains some and increase the cap. I like that it takes time and dedication to complete a character but five months is excessive. Perhaps something that speeds it up to 1-2 months.

Fix the minor bugs that Kat mentioned.

Get factions going somehow...not sure how since I don't know much about factions but I remember there used to be a lot of excitement involving them.

Lots of good suggestions (including all of the ones I just said) have already been made and some poor ones too (in my opinion).

I'd like to see something where a bonded pet takes up the Siege bless slot too.

*shrugs*

I

imported_Trep

i still think the best way to speed up charcter creations is to allow the normal max gain per SKILL....so you can have 3.6 per skill...then 2.1...ect....it drops the training time to a useful character to under a month....prolly the easiest to code too

I

imported_CountLovE

<blockquote><hr>

That quote alone suggests that you know very, very little about Siege. I think most of us have serious responsibilities whether that be job, children, school, or something of the sort.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well unless you play on Siege every day without taking months off here and there, there are drastic changes. It is sometimes impossible to keep up with everything if you have a very active life outside of UO.

But seriously, I am glad you peeps are into it. I doubt anyone from EA gives two [censored] about any of this. So keep up the Never going to happen wish list.

Why don't you put up a poll and vote for a Siege player representative to EA. It seems that you are itching to be that person.

V

Virgil Tempest

I doubt any of us are naive enough to think this list will make any difference; what it does is create an interesting conversation on what is wrong with Siege.

You seem very hostile in this thread, I suggest you get back into game and dryloot, rez kill, or whatever else you said was so much fun. It will make you feel better.

Take care.

I

imported_CountLovE

<blockquote><hr>

I doubt any of us are naive enough to think this list will make any difference; what it does is create an interesting conversation on what is wrong with Siege.

You seem very hostile in this thread, I suggest you get back into game and dryloot, rez kill, or whatever else you said was so much fun. It will make you feel better.

Take care.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, I am expressing my right in freedom of speech. It is people like you that caused the other shards to suck in the first place. Now that there is a pk shard, you people want to [censored] this shard up as well.

Give it a rest.

Stop pancakes. Start playing. See you in game.

I

imported_Violent_J

I have played siege since day one.. even before that if you count the whipe. Since then I have left for other games four times and then have come back.. I have played siege in the early days when it was the greatest and most enjoyable game that has or ever will exists... I have seen it decline to the shadow of what it once was and what made it so fun.

While the changes to the overal game combined with the low percentage of Siege as a player base has brought us to a point of it being cost prohibitive to focus too many changes... I think there are some things that would improve the overall quiality of the game without being to complicated to implement:

Economy = Too hosed to fix overall but some fixes would help. In the eatly days of siege the 3x costs on regs along with the fact that you would end up in numerous fights anytime you tried to farm gold anywhere. EArly days of siege It took several of us a few weeks to pitch in to buy a small.. now I have well over 100 million gold.

1) Disable all bags of sending on siege.
2) Dogs have to go... makes gold farming too easy for hide tamers.
3) Eliminate faction reg price reductions
4) Need some big ideas for gold sinks on the server
5) I would even support a one time economy fix in the way of a whipe of a one time whipe of all gold over 1m per person
6) reduce all gold droped by all monsters by 50%
7) Sell enhanced spine runics on NPC players for 250K each
8) Sell low end runics (hamers, fletching kits, saws) on NPC for 250K to 500K each

PvP = UO used to be the besdt PvP game out there. It's gone down hill patch after patch. To make it better and lure people back to the gaem they need to:

1) Remove auto ban on houses and reset to old rules... all houses are public but you can ban on a blue.
2) REduce tamed pet vs player damage by 70%
3) Eliminate pet balls
4) Remove blessing on everything but spellbooks (keep the one siege personal bless)
5) Need to overhaul the faction system ( this is a huge post in of itself)
6) Increase non-medable armor stats by 15% on siege
7) Might want to go so far as to disable blessing on wepons amking the need for good disposables even better, with lots of runics makes better through aways possible
8) Remove guards from all towns except Skara (gets rid of all the Luna guard zone/house running crap and provides a newb town and safe place to bank)

Population = Siege needs people and should be used as an opportunity to lure players back from player run shards or people who quit. I know lots of players who will never play production shards but think siege is too dead and is only a shade of its former state.

1) Keep RoT but raise the daily gains cap x5. This was great in early siege when we all started but now its just making new players take months to make a character so few want to do it.
2) Allow all new chars to be created as an advanced character to help get a jump start.
3) Allow one character to be transfered to siege from any shard per account.. should open this up one time for 90 days. (gets to have 100K gold and comes without any items whatsoever.)

- VJ

S

Slifer

It looks like I have a lot of the same insights as to what to do to Siege as a lot of people...

G

Actually, a simple way to increase people on siege and also fix the training system is to open up char transfers to siege. Just the char, no stuff, naked.