• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Smoot is elected in Britain.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Britain has a new governor! I, Smoot, while once a privateer under authority of the Crown have successfully found a place in politics. Its a good fit with an array of exciting opportunities.

I commend my opponent, Governor Pandora for a valiant race. It was heated at times as is any big election, I only hope now we can both get back to things as normal.

I plan to keep Britain and its citizens active and involved. Some new adventures and endeavors for the city and its people are soon to come. Feel free to contact me at anytime with ideas for the city or interactions with other towns, as some already have.

The future for Britain and Sosaria will be rewarding for all.

While The Children of Darkness no longer have political claim to the governorship of Britain, i hope they can continue to be a vibrant group. They are an important aspect of the land and contributed to my attraction to a great community. I realize i may not be easily embraced by some, but will be inclusive of all. I only ask that my citizens respect the value this devoted group has given to Britain and the other towns of Sosaria while they are adjusting to a slight change in politics. With such a great leader im sure the guild will adapt seamlessly.

Last edited:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Britain has a new governor! I, Smoot, while once a privateer under authority of the Crown have successfully found a place in politics. Its a good fit with an array of exciting opportunities.

I commend my opponent, Governor Pandora for a valiant race. It was heated at times as is any big election now only hope to we can both get back to things as normal.

I plan to keep Britain and its citizens active and involved. Some new adventures and endeavors for the city and its people are soon to come. Feel free to contact me at anytime with ideas for the city or interactions with other towns, as some already have.

The future for Britain and Sosaria will be rewarding for all.

While The Children of Darkness no longer have political claim to the governorship of Britain, i hope they can continue to be a vibrant group. They are an import aspect of the land and contributed to my attraction to a great community. I realize i may not be easily embraced by some, but will be inclusive of all. I only ask that my citizens respect the value this devoted group has given to Britain and the other towns of Sosaria while they are adjusting to a slight change in politics. With such a great leader im sure the guild will adapt seamlessly.
Congratulations to my friend. Hopefully we can lead by example and show folks that everyone, regardless of playstyle, loves UO! Thank you so much for being my friend, my guildmate, and just a great person.

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
New blood is always a good thing. In real life politics or in UO politics. It never hurts to have some fresh ideas. Smoot will do a fine job or he'll be voted out and someone else given a chance. There is really no difference in the way Smoot got elected versus a real life election. He campaigned, people listened and voted. I guess think of it this way, usually, the way one person in a family votes is the way everyone in the immediate family votes. Not always, but mostly. If we choose to think of our UO Accounts as "families", and I, for one do, it's the same thing. Trust me, NONE of my accounts are trial. LOL I've been here a very long time. I'm not as vocal as I used to be but I promise you I'm still around. *throws a chair at Aedon's head for old time's sake*

That's the fantastic thing about this game. We are all able to play the way WE want and, with the governors positions, vote and role play the way we want. Personally, I think it's nice to see more getting involved and having more story lines that different people develop. Always knowing what's going to happen takes all the fun out of it. :)

Congratulations to all the governors. Now where is the ice cream I was promised? :)

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Honestly... What the voting boiled down to disgusted me. The fighting, the Polar Bears, the General Chat nonsense, the books... All of it. Never, have I felt exactly how I felt last night because of this game. I saw one of my best friends put down by people I, or she, did not even know. People not even from this shard.

How is that right?

UOGuide says this about Catskills.

"Catskills has one of the strongest community-oriented attitudes of the shards."

I saw absolutely none of that last night.

But what is done, is done. People will draw their own conclusions and from there we shall see what happens. I tried so very hard to not choose a side in this. I have friends on both sides after all. But honestly, I don't have words enough to describe my thoughts.

Good luck Smoot in whatever playstyle you wish to partake of. I will help Britain in whichever ways that I can.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly... What the voting boiled down to disgusted me. The fighting, the Polar Bears, the General Chat nonsense, the books... All of it. Never, have I felt exactly how I felt last night because of this game. I saw one of my best friends put down by people I, or she, did not even know. People not even from this shard.

How is that right?

"Catskills has one of the strongest community-oriented attitudes of the shards."

But what is done, is done. People will draw their own conclusions and from there we shall see what happens. I tried so very hard to not choose a side in this. I have friends on both sides after all. But honestly, I don't have words enough to describe my thoughts.

Good luck Smoot in whatever playstyle you wish to partake of. I will help Britain in whichever ways that I can.

Thank you Val. :heart:

We love you, keep in touch!

~ Sue.

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I don't know,or want to know,what was said or done last night. I count myself glad that,even though I watched the vote totals in Brit,I didn't partake in the election by voting.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

How is that right?
I have to say, God's honest truth, I missed more than half of it. I literally never left the docks. I handed out ingots for hours to friends and people who had reacted poorly to certain posts that have been made here and on UHall. The only time I left was to recall to my castle in Fel to get more ingots, then recalled directly back to the docks in Britain. I was there for hours, only to take a short break to participate in the event on the Atlantic shard. I was there literally hours. I would get ICQ's from people asking for gates from certain locations.
Whatever happened, whatever arguments there were, we all need to remember this is a game for everyone to enjoy.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

How is that right?

I agree. Big elections can get ugly, and while i did my personal best to "keep things clean" there will always be a few overzealous supporters. As elections go i dont think it was too bad. I know words were said in the heat of the moment and situation that will hopefully not be taken to heart by those involved. I myself tried to keep things civil, but alas the polar bears and books are just something both sides had to overlook.

At least no one blocked the stone! (which is illegal btw but has happened in a few other elections)

I'm very happy with my first experience in UO "politics" whether it will be my first, or my only is not something i would think on presently. Only my plans for Britain in the coming months.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't know everything that happened. I wasn't there for more than a hour, and when I was, I was afk most of it.

While I was there I saw some books on the ground talking about wanting fair elections. They did make mention to pandora exploiting the election in regards to the 70 accounts she (or sue) was using to vote for herself.
The animals also said something along the same lines.
I noticed one character named "vampires smell". Although I can see how this would be upsetting, I can also see how it plays into a rp theme. You can't rp a specific sect like this, and not expect some people who roleplay anti vampire to have a say or opinion.

I did not notice any personal attacks. But I did notice remarks that were anti-vampire. Which honestly I can't see why they are being received so personal.

The elections do need to be fixed for this very reason. Smoot is very known through many servers. He has legitimate friends with paid accounts voting for him from everywhere. Pandora also, but pandora has access to 70+ accounts to "self vote". THAT is what I think is unfair. at one point I saw a bianca23 in general chat.... I mean, I'm trying to stay neutral, but the self voting business regardless of who is using it is getting out of hand.

All but one of my accounts is already closed. I was there to witness one last epic Catskills moment before my departure, its too bad it turned in to so much hate and hurt feelings. But the election system is just that... an election. elections can get ugly, people can be upset over them, but in the end of the day is it REALLY THAT big of a deal? I just don't understand I guess.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks to all my supporters, we made it through a tense election night.
While i appreciate the congratulations, lets keep discussions on the overall election process in a seperate thread perhaps. I just wanted to announce my win here :)

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats Smoot, I look forward to working with you and the rest of the Governors.

Sorry to hear that any feelings were hurt. I had no characters who could vote in Brit, but my son did vote for Thom, (the little turn coat). *grins* He did so because his history in the game was in Trinsic and with PGOH. I hope most who voted did so from teh point of view of their characters alone.