• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Smithing question...

• Thread starter GL_Seller
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

GL_Seller

There are lots of luckblade out there with 150+ luck with a max of 160. Im looking for someone who has made these. Just want to know if you have to use a certain hammer with gold ingots. Or any hammer can make them its all about dice roll.

So if you've made one please let me know what you used.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Myself I've not made them but I've only heard of getting max Luck properties off them made with High End Runics Verite or Val. Though that might not be true now that Runics were changed a bit a few publishes back.

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those are made with a specific recipe: 'Luckblade'

This blade has 20 luck on every one.

Add the 40 luck on every one from using gold ingots.

That is 60 luck with a basic blacksmithing tool.

Runics can roll up to 100 luck on top of that.

So, 160 is our total.

Dull copper runic hammers can roll 100 luck, but that would be the only magical mod.

The odds of receiving the 100 luck go up as the grade of hammer improves, but due to the cost/benefit calculation, this is probably mostly an exercise for burning those very low-end hammers in bulk.

C

Connor_Graham

There are lots of luckblade out there with 150+ luck with a max of 160. Im looking for someone who has made these. Just want to know if you have to use a certain hammer with gold ingots. Or any hammer can make them its all about dice roll.

So if you've made one please let me know what you used.
You can make a useful 160 Luck Luckblade with a Shadow Iron runic and gold ingots. This will let you roll the 100 Luck required, along with Spell Channeling. It will probably take you a while to make one, but it'll happen eventually.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Approximate odds of getting a 160 luckblade (with gold ingots):

dull copper runic: 1-in-61
shadow iron runic: 1-in-56
copper runic: 1-in-51
bronze runic: 1-in-46
gold runic: 1-in-41
agapite runic: 1-in-36
verite runic: 1-in-31
valorite runic: 1-in-16

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Approximate odds of getting a 160 luckblade (with gold ingots):

dull copper runic: 1-in-61
shadow iron runic: 1-in-56
copper runic: 1-in-51
bronze runic: 1-in-46
gold runic: 1-in-41
agapite runic: 1-in-36
verite runic: 1-in-31
valorite runic: 1-in-16
I WISH the odds were that good!

Odds of rolling the luck Property: 1-in-28. So the odds of any specific swing of a hammer giving you 160 Luck is 1-in-[(100 - Minimum possible Intensity of the Runic Hammer)*28/(Average number of properties per swing of the specific Hammer)].

So, the odds of making a 160 LuckBlade with each Runic Hammer are:
DC: 1-in-1,708 (1 Property per item, so around 37 DC Hammers)
Shadow: 1-in-752 (2 Properties per item, so around 17 Shadow Hammers)
Copper: 1-in-504 (2.5 Average Properties per item, so about 13 Copper Hammers)
Bronze: 1-in-420 (3 Properties per item, so 12 Bronze Hammers)
Gold: 1-in-320 (3.5 Average Properties per item, so around 11 Gold Hammers)
Agapite: 1-in-245 (4 Properties per item, so almost 10 Agapite Hammers)
Verite: 1-in-187 (4.5 Properties per item, so around 9 Verite Hammers)
Valorite: 1-in-84 (5 Properties per item, so around 5 or 6 Valorite Hammers)

A dev once said that the intensity range is not a linear equation (my experience says otherwise), but if it isn't, then the odds could be even worse. My equation also assumes 28 possible weapon properties and that the odds of receiving any property is the same.