• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Small Shard Contacts? How do you Keep in touch?

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was wondering how everyone on this shard kept up with one another in regards to contacting each other...
i personaly Have never been big on running my UO client With other 3rd partys but as sonoma grows smaller i guess i will have to catch up with the times so to speak....
So i wonder what you all use? i have ICQ And yahoo but thoese only seem to work for single player contacts.... Heard of the Ventro and team speak but as it seems these all need more info to contact folks i guess ill ask here about them as well...

Basicly how do you contact each other? Is is public? and can i get in on the cross talk for sonoma?

Thanks
SS

^Wolfie^

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as my despise goes for ICQ, it is what I use most. In game, the people I play most often with are my guildmates. So it's easy to log in, open guild roster and see who is currently logged into the game. From there I simply use guild chat. I also use vent, but you will find most often those are restricted to guild/alliance users.

I

imported_Peppermace

ICQ, AIM, TeamSpeak and Ventrillo. Obviously not all running at once :p.

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ICQ, Vent and guildchat. Then I sometimes get seen and pulled over. Alot of the folks I talk to on Sonoma I use guildchat or vent as they are guildmates.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

then tell everyone to get into TS.

then we just hang out in TS all night.

we have a couple TS servers.
one that we use for seceret guild stuff, like cyber sex night (*sigh* i wish we had a few girls in the guild.....)
and one or two that we use for public stuff, such as the faction event on ATL, we have that one open to anyone who is in the same faction as us.

is there not a chat system in game where anyone and everyone can log into?
im pretty sure there is....

let me log in and check.