• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Small issue with Vanguard spawns compared to previous spawns...

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Seeing the mods on the Obsidian Blade and the Shield (well shields in general, but that's another gripe in itself) compared to the type of creature they are obtained from, compared to the point value compared to previous encounters, I've come to the following conclusion.

I like the idea of getting items for turn ins for useful and deco items (though I think more consumable useful items need to be rewards).

However the "tokens" need to be the loot on the smaller ancillary creatures while usable and desired loot beyond "tokens" should be on the higher end/boss creatures.

What this would help do is allow players to find value in killing the ancillary spawn giving it value outside of the normal loot table (which has limited value these days anyway), yet retains the value of killing the boss creatures for the loot that they drop as well.

Also, for event creatures, I would also say to drop the standard loot if possible to do so without breaking non-event spawn loot tables so that the standard spawn gives standard loot and the event spawn gives event loot (maybe a special loot bag that has certain resources used by the spawn and the drop possibilities for the "event loot").

So the breakdown goes like this:

Normal Spawn: Normal Loot Tables
Ancillary Event Spawn (i.e. Vanguard summoned spawn, Dark Wisps, Ethereal Warriors, and Fetid Horrors in Moonglow and so on): Ancillary loot table including resources (reagents) and "tokens" (turn in items)
Main Event Spawn (Boss creatures such as Vanguards, Berserkers, and Shadowlords): Event loot table including resources and special event "keeper" items.

Thoughts?

L

love2winalot

Why not just give them, "Reward turn in Tickets", say 50 points to 500 points, depending on the creature?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Because having at least a veneer of roleplay value is better than just a "reward ticket" IMO.

Just make the "token" something the creature would have or would use (i.e. the Ophidian Orders/Journals are a great example) but have limited use to the player and you're good to go.

There IS such thing as being TOO generic.

F

Fayled Dhreams

hmmmmm

nice spread ... fair and reasoned argument for "shifting / spreading" reward vs effort .... maybe tweak it a bit re: the high end token/reward ...
for instances of instances ...like maybe AFTER three in a row (top ends), with no joiners/assistance ... drys up ... still available for solo's over time ... but cuts into straight up harvesting ... maybe mix up the RNG a bit for who/when/howmuch/last blow / first blow ...

but yeah ... over all, at first glance ...

nice spread