• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] Slight issues with Delay in macro's after patch?

• Thread starter TheGrayGhost
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

TheGrayGhost

Anyone else noticing a slight problem with there delays in macro's after the last patch?

I had to bump up the delay on my change equip macro's as well as having some slight issues with my bandaging macro's sometimes trying to do the next heal to fast cancling the first one.

I broke down and bumped my .1 delay up to 1.0 in my equip change macro's which seemed to resolve the problem for them. But even bumping up to a 3.0 delay in my vet macro seems to give me a bit of issue from time to time still.

Anyone else or is it just me?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Not just you, I had to adjust my digging macro that didn;t use any delays to have a 0.2 delay between EACH action otherwise it does as you say... does the first action (use shovel) and then skips the rest of the macro till the last action (CursorTargetLast) thus reducing a 30 dig macro to a 10 dig macro.

Apparently the inherent delay was bothersome to spellcasting, but helpful to other macros.

T

TheGrayGhost

Not just you, I had to adjust my digging macro that didn;t use any delays to have a 0.2 delay between EACH action otherwise it does as you say... does the first action (use shovel) and then skips the rest of the macro till the last action (CursorTargetLast) thus reducing a 30 dig macro to a 10 dig macro.

Apparently the inherent delay was bothersome to spellcasting, but helpful to other macros.
lol, at least it isn't just me.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Isn't there a waitfortarget option?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Doesn't seem to want to work... that was the first thing I tried and it still did the same thing (because there is no delay between the target and the next use of the shovel). Although I may try swapping the delay between the shovel and the target to WaitForTarget and see how that works. However you still need the delay between when CursorTargetLast and the next shovel use.

T

TheGrayGhost

Just chiming in since it's relevant to what's going on here, a patch that went out for the client last night that put in two fixes related to macros:

o Removed the short delay between each action when executing a macro
o Fixed issues with macros sometimes executing only the first action or none at all

I should mention now that since actions are executed more rapidly within a macro, if you are performing any action that requires cursor targeting, it's a good idea to add 'WaitForTarget' between the action and the targeting.

'WaitForTarg' continues the macro at the exact moment the mouse cursor changes to a targeting cursor.
This was posted in the SA Macro thread. So the new problem is due to this. While adding wait for target may help many macro's there isn't a way to add wait for target when you have an action,skill, or spell in a macro that is set to store target. Anyone have any idea's on how to fix this?

D

Diggity

Isn't there a cursor target stored action? So you could change your macro to

use skill (target cursor)
waitfortarget
cursor target stored - or whatever it's called.

T

TheGrayGhost

Isn't there a cursor target stored action? So you could change your macro to

use skill (target cursor)
waitfortarget
cursor target stored - or whatever it's called.
Heyyyy sweet didn't think of that lol. My Drrrr moment for the month hopefuly. Will try that, should work lol.