• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"Sliced", a cooking competition

Cephas [V]

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
"Sliced" is a cooking competition with RP elements. Competitors will be given a basket (or possibly a small crate) containing a myriad of ingredients. These ingredients are to be used in some way, shape, or form to create a meal. Once cooking has concluded, chefs will present and describe their meals to a judging panel, who will critique their work, and dub a winner.

(Note well: the description is very important in the judging process. Some part of each ingredient must be used in the presentation, even if not actually used in the dish. For instance, a ginseng root can not be cooked or put into a food preparation in UO, however it can be used to flavor a broth that cooks a meat. Such a detail will not escape a judge or a successful chef. )

Scores will be based on the appetizing qualities of the dishes served, originality in use of the basket (crate) ingredients, and difficulty of the dishes presented. Extra credit will be awarded for exceptional foods, though a maker's mark is unnecessary. Competition is open to non-GM chefs. Use of cooking talismans is prohibited.

Contestants will be required to stay in the cooking/serving area. A stocked pantry, chill cabinet, and wine & spirits cabinet will be provided. While the initial format is a single round, multiple rounds may be employed if the field of competitors proves sufficiently large. As such, pre-registration is required.

750k gold for the Sliced Champion. The inaugural "Sliced" competition will be held on Saturday, August 9, at 1:30 PM PDT/4:30 PM EDT. Location will be the new Veritas guildhouse, a sandstone and plaster structure located on the eastern shore of New Magincia, at roughly 45°S, 174°E. Anyone with questions to ask or looking to register, feel free to message myself, here, or on ICQ: 161607390

Last edited:

Cephas [V]

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I am most troubled to report that I have not received any inquires regarding registration for this event. As such, I am postponing the event 7 days, to Saturday, August 16, at 1:30 PM PDT/4:30 PM EDT.

I would like to remind all that registration in advance is REQUIRED. If there are no registrations by 4:00 AM PDT Friday, August 15, (by ICQ, message here or private, or note in the mailbox at my residence), this event will be canceled.

Cephas [V]

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I am happy to report that I have two competitors for the August competition: Tedrick of Britain, and Obsidian of J'helom. I am also happy to report that, thanks to the generosity of some fans, the prize has been boosted to 3 million gold coins, and that a subsequent competition has been tentatively scheduled for October.
Registrations will continue to be accepted until 4 AM PDT, Friday, August 15, by ICQ or private message on these boards.

Cephas [V]

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I would like to apologize for the failed event. Circumstances beyond my control or ability to plan conspired against the event being held this weekend.

The event will be held, in a similar format, at a later date. Feel free to message me for future details.