• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sleeping Polar Bears?

G

So is it me, or do PBs laydown when you go off screen? Then when you come back they stand up.

Am I seeing things? I never seen this before.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It is true that mobs don't do anything when there are no players within range. As for lying down and sleeping, not sure on that one...

I

imported_Jimmy Pop

I thought I was seeing things! It's not just me!!

I could swear, one time entering Painted Caves, that Lurg and 4 Trogs were sitting on the floor PLAYING CARDS!!

It was just for an instant, then they all aggro'd on me... but I'm pretty sure I saw them.

G

Hehe you guys are rough.

I took some screen shots to show what I mean.

I just come on screen. Notice how it looks like it getting up?

This one I am closer.

Here its standing.

Maybe its just the way that the graphics are loading. Still pretty neat though.

J

JoyousGard

Yeah, that is what happens in KR, not sure about 2D. Some of the monsters and animals have that kind of an animation when you enter the screen. It makes sense when they spawn (it is also the same animation), but it is kind of weird if you keep passing the same one sleeping on the job. It's cool though.

G

A lot of things do that.
In fact I think if you are not mounted you yawn when you first log in (or you used to)

G

<blockquote><hr>

A lot of things do that.
In fact I think if you are not mounted you yawn when you first log in (or you used to)

[/ QUOTE ]I miss that!

G

I thought I saw a sleeping polar bear the other day... turns out it was just dead