• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

sleep immunity timer?

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well...thats pretty useless, why would i ever use sleep over paralyze now?..

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
well sleep gives -40 dci,hci and ssi ples -4 fastercast recovery and -2 faster cast iwould not call it usless

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well sleep gives -40 dci,hci and ssi ples -4 fastercast recovery and -2 faster cast iwould not call it usless
If youre not using any FC/FCR items will you then end up being -2 FC and -4 FCR?

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you know how many people use trapped boxes to negate the effect? All they have to do is pop the box (some people magically insta box) and then they're immune to it for 26 seconds... The timer paired up with a box makes it completely useless. Understand?

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that and most monsters in pvm seem to cast their spells instantly anyway, i dont really see how the new sleep has any effect on spell casting monsters.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Do you know how many people use trapped boxes to negate the effect? All they have to do is pop the box (some people magically insta box) and then they're immune to it for 26 seconds... The timer paired up with a box makes it completely useless. Understand?
The timer I agree should go away ! The boxes will never go away boxes they are here to stay!
they have been here for as long as I can remember if you think you can get them changed more power to you!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
that and most monsters in pvm seem to cast their spells instantly anyway, i dont really see how the new sleep has any effect on spell casting monsters.
I have been messing with this a lot and I have noticed a difference for sure with non spell casters! and a slight slow down in casting speed for the casters! the duration seems to short and the 26 seconds is way to long! in my opinion!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
This is what is going live on origin today!

• Immunity has been changed to the following scale, 3-12 second scaling by player Magic Resist skill. Player must have 30 or more resist to extent sleep immunity beyond 3 seconds.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is what is going live on origin today!

• Immunity has been changed to the following scale, 3-12 second scaling by player Magic Resist skill. Player must have 30 or more resist to extent sleep immunity beyond 3 seconds.
3 second immunity and still gets instant tboxes out?

Why couldnt they put a damage threshold? Leave the immunity 3 to 12 second if you want but make it so you have to do at least 20 damage to break out of the effect... as it is at ZERO (0) resist skill versus 120 Mysticism/120 Focus legendary mystics... you sleep they insta-tbox... for the next 3 seconds they are running away in straight line and they are gone and if you get to catch them and slept them again *pop tbox again* take 4 dmg... peace out im gone... :confused:

U

UOKaiser

How about pvm? How does it really effect them other than nerfing the spell even more than it is nerfed already? Really if you going to have something changed to increase pvp value please put a different change for pvm value. The both should not be mutually inclusive. Do monsters even have dci or fc or swing speed. They don't seem to have any limits you know.