• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] Slayer's Scrapper's Compendium : which most usefull ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since super slayers on a Scrapper's Compendium are quite a rarity, of the few regular slayers, which would be the most usefull on a Scrapper's Compendium spellbook ?

J

[JD]

kind of depends on what u want to fight, dont think you'll get a better answer unless u tell people stuff u hunt

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
kind of depends on what u want to fight, dont think you'll get a better answer unless u tell people stuff u hunt

Not all MoBs are equal and so, hunting some rather than others produces different results (loot...).

Why do players hunt MoBs ?

I guess for loot ?

But hunting mongbats is not exactly like hunting, say, Greater Dragons.................

Therefore, rather than what one might or not prefer to hunt, there could be an objectively "better" slayer to be used since, it would help bring home better loot, more often.

Did I answer the question ?

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It sounds like you have no clue what you want to hunt. Are you asking what creatures to hunt with a slayer book?

Reading your original question, the answer is simple: the most useful slayer would be what your target is vulnerable to (ie dragon slayer for Ancient Wyrms).

Stayin Alive,

BG

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It sounds like you have no clue what you want to hunt. Are you asking what creatures to hunt with a slayer book?

Reading your original question, the answer is simple: the most useful slayer would be what your target is vulnerable to (ie dragon slayer for Ancient Wyrms).

Stayin Alive,

BG

I will then rephrase my question hoping to be better understood this time.

Of the "regular" existing slayers, which ones are more effective towards a better loot and a wider range of targets ?

For example, a "spider" Scrapper's could be used with Navrey for nice chances at good loot (tangle anyone ?) But other than this, what other spiders have good loot ?

On the other hand, a Dragon slayer could be used to farm Greater Dragons, Ancient Wyrms and blah blah. Maybe less than a tangle but a wider range of good targets to hit....

Bottom line is, if one had to pick 1 and 1 only "regular" slayer scrapper which would be the most effective to have as far as getting more bang for the buck ?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=30740

Your answer is on that page.

Best "bang for the buck" would depend on what you hunt and how much risk you want to take (i.e. taking a dragon slayer to Rikktor in Felucca is far better than taking a lizardman slayer to Despise)

Good choices are dragon, spider or snake slayers, but then your hunting grounds would be extremely limited. And at least one of those are prohibitively expensive (can get some super slayers more cheaply than dragon slayer)

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Farsight provided the link to the Slayer Weapon page, so you can see which creatures are effected by the specific slayers. There really is no better way to answer your question. If you buy a specific slayer scrappers, it will have limited use for what you are killing. It will help kill creatures in its slayer group, but other than that, it is actually worse than having a non-slayer scrappers for general use(you will take double damage from its opposing slayer group).

A normal slayer spellbook is more than enough for most creatures. They are cheaper to make and purchase.

Stayin Alive,

BG

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=30740

Your answer is on that page.

Best "bang for the buck" would depend on what you hunt and how much risk you want to take (i.e. taking a dragon slayer to Rikktor in Felucca is far better than taking a lizardman slayer to Despise)

Good choices are dragon, spider or snake slayers, but then your hunting grounds would be extremely limited. And at least one of those are prohibitively expensive (can get some super slayers more cheaply than dragon slayer)

Interesting reply, thank you.

What do you mean when you say "Good choices are dragon, spider or snake slayers, but then your hunting grounds would be extremely limited. And at least one of those are prohibitively expensive (can get some super slayers more cheaply than dragon slayer)" ?

Which one would be so "prohibitively" expensive that super slayers Scrappers may come cheaper ?

Moreover, I can see the usefullness for a Dragon or Spider Scrappers slayer but a snake ?

What spawn would make a snake Scrappers worth its salt ?

Aside from those 3, none other Scrappers slayers are really much worth it?

Like for example, what good would an "Orc" Slayer Scrapper ever be ? What Orc can possibly have loot worth a slayer mod on a Scrapper ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It will help kill creatures in its slayer group, but other than that, it is actually worse than having a non-slayer scrappers for general use(you will take double damage from its opposing slayer group).

Well, I guess that the conclusion one might draw is that, perhaps, spawns which are made up by a variety of creatures are a no-no to the use of slayers while spawns which are comprised of the same kind are very ok to the use of slayers ?

For example, Events which are usually a mix of a variety of MoBs are not the best place to use a slayer ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hmmmm....

What good is there that spawns ?

And why Hunter's Guide lists this as a "Champion" ?

I thought it was like Miasma and Coil. It is not ?

Besides, it looks to me that Serrado is low on physical so, probably a melee fighter is better for this spawn than a Mage ??

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Hmmmm....

What good is there that spawns ?
?

And why Hunter's Guide lists this as a "Champion" ?
Because it is.

I thought it was like Miasma and Coil. It is not ?
No.

Besides, it looks to me that Serrado is low on physical so, probably a melee fighter is better for this spawn than a Mage ??
You asked what a Snake Slayer Scrapper's would be good for... melee fighters do not use Scrappers... they use weapons.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You asked what a Snake Slayer Scrapper's would be good for... melee fighters do not use Scrappers... they use weapons.

Well yes, but in the sense that it really makes its use all worth it.

So, in that sense, a snake slayer melee weapon would, IMHO, make it worth this spawn, not a Scrapper's snake slayer.

Now, if there was a given spawn where Mages would get an advantage (like MoBs more sensible to spells), further boosted by the snake slayer on a Scrapper's then yes, I would see a snake slayer scrapper's worth it.

But as it is, if the Serrado spawn is all that is good (aside from Coil) from using a snake slayer on a scrapper's then I would see this particular spawn better done by a melee fighter with a slayer weapon........

And, therefore, still watch at a snake slayer Scrapper's as perhaps something not worth its difficulty to get.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Well yes, but in the sense that it really makes its use all worth it.

So, in that sense, a snake slayer melee weapon would, IMHO, make it worth this spawn, not a Scrapper's snake slayer.

Now, if there was a given spawn where Mages would get an advantage (like MoBs more sensible to spells), further boosted by the snake slayer on a Scrapper's then yes, I would see a snake slayer scrapper's worth it.

But as it is, if the Serrado spawn is all that is good (aside from Coil) from using a snake slayer on a scrapper's then I would see this particular spawn better done by a melee fighter with a slayer weapon........

And, therefore, still watch at a snake slayer Scrapper's as perhaps something not worth its difficulty to get.
Well no not in any sense. If you ask a question about slayer spellbooks then it pertains to Mages not dexxers. They are not comparable, a spellbook is not less useful because you choose to do it on a dexxer, it is still the most useful way for the Mage/Mystic. (...As Mystics also benefit from slayer books.)

Additionally, spells have multiple damage types, and weapon damage in PvM is capped, spell damage isn't. Bombard, for example, is a physical damage version of Energy Bolt and works with slayers.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well no not in any sense. If you ask a question about slayer spellbooks then it pertains to Mages not dexxers. They are not comparable, a spellbook is not less useful because you choose to do it on a dexxer, it is still the most useful way for the Mage/Mystic. (...As Mystics also benefit from slayer books.)

Additionally, spells have multiple damage types, and weapon damage in PvM is capped, spell damage isn't. Bombard, for example, is a physical damage version of Energy Bolt and works with slayers.

I understand that and agree, to a point.....

What I am trying to find out, is whether, with the help of a particular Scrapper's Compendium "slayer", there may be some spawn which Mages could excel at over all other hunters be them melee, archers, tamers etc.

Is there any such Scrapper's Compendium slayer which would make a Mage the hunting character of choice over any other possible template ?

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

What I am trying to find out, is whether, with the help of a particular Scrapper's Compendium "slayer", there may be some spawn which Mages could excel at over all other hunters be them melee, archers, tamers etc.
Your question has been answered.

Is there any such Scrapper's Compendium slayer which would make a Mage the hunting character of choice over any other possible template ?
Yes.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your question has been answered.

Yes.

If you are referring to SERRADO as being the one spawn most fit for Mages using a Slayer Compendium over other templates, then I am not sure about it as I think a melee character would do better than a Mage with a slayer Compendium, there.

If you are referring to some other high end spawn, though, then I did not understand which high end spawn would be best for a Mage using a Slayer Compendium over other templates.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

If you are referring to SERRADO as being the one spawn most fit for Mages using a Slayer Compendium over other templates, then I am not sure about it as I think a melee character would do better than a Mage with a slayer Compendium, there.
I'm not sure what the point of asking a question is when you've already made up your mind on the answer, or how you can have an impression of which is better when you don't sound like you've done it on either.

If you are referring to some other high end spawn, though, then I did not understand which high end spawn would be best for a Mage using a Slayer Compendium over other templates.
There is a PvM weapon damage cap. There is not a PvM spell damage cap.

This means that a well setup caster that knows what they are doing can very often (not always, but the vast majority of the time) out damage weapons. This includes the majority of spawns.