• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Slayer weapons and talismans

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do similar slayer weapon properties stack with talisman slayer properties?

I know that an elemental/demon slayer weapon acts as a double slayer against the dark father, but what if I had an undead slayer weapon (staff of pyros for example) and the new conjurer's talisman (also undead slayer) and was fighting lich lords?

I suspect the answer is that there's only one slayer applied in the case of identical slayer types, but I thought I'd ask to make sure.

S

Sir Kenga

When tali has killer property it make different checks with weapon slayer. I'm not sure about slayer talismans though.

G

GFY

They may or may not stack but remember there is a hard cap of 300% on pvm damage if I'm not mistaken.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
They may or may not stack but remember there is a hard cap of 300% on pvm damage if I'm not mistaken.
yes they do stack when i use my mishief maker bow and my lich killer tali it makes a difference but you hit the damage cap usually kill them in one hit

G

GFY

yes they do stack when i use my mishief maker bow and my lich killer tali it makes a difference but you hit the damage cap usually kill them in one hit
I thought I read in a post from the devs that weapons and talisman slayers wouldn't stack???

I wonder if they stack with slayer spell books as well???

S

Sir Kenga

Slayer spellbooks have nothing to stack with. Tals don't work with spells.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now answers (after extensive in-game experiments):

The new undead slayer talisman doesn't stack with the undead slayer weapon. In the long run, that doesn't matter, because a slayer plus enemy of one plus significant damage increase from items puts you at the 300% cap anyway.

Lich or mage slayer talismans DO stack with undead slayer weapons, as they aren't the same type as undead.

In other words: Sir Kenga's answers are correct. (Thanks!)