• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Slayer Talismans

• Thread starter imported_Tabby Kapak
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Tabby Kapak

Hello!! Didn't know where to ask this, so trying here...
Can anyone tell us for who the slayer talismans work (ie does it work for mages? tamers? warriors only?) and also, do the slayers stack? So, say one has a 90% orc mage slayer talisman and an orc slayer weapon, does only one work or both when attacking an orc mage? Or skeletal mage killer with an undead weapon?
(And we still don't understand Ice slayer, never seemed to work... Does Ogre slayer and Ice slayer negate eachother vs Arctic Ogre Lords?)

G

As far as I can see, they only work for warriors.
And again from observation, they stack with weapon damage.
Ice slayer and ogre slayer should stack on AOLs. Remember that there is a cap if you are using Enemy of One as well, though.
Does anybody know how slayer and killer properties on a talisman interact?

M

MrMiagi

What do killer and protection properties on a talisman do? Do you need to activate it?

D

davebobbit

as i understand it:

Killer talismans act in the same way as slayer but where a slayer will add damage increase 100%, the killer will add the % stated on the talisman.

protection talismans reduce the damage from a particular monster by the percentage stated, so you take less damage essentially.

G

they work for warriors as follows:

Slayers
Talismans can possess one of a short list of slayers that can be found only on talismans. Some of these slayers were released to correspond with certain new monsters released with Mondain's Legacy. The slayers are as following:

Bat Slayer
Bear Slayer - Grobu in the Painted Caves, all bears
Bird Slayer - Swoop in the Twisted Weald, Pyre in the Labyrinth, and Saliva in the Blighted Grove, and all birds, harpies
Bovine Slayer - Minotaurs in the Labyrinth, and cows/bulls
Flame Slayer
Ice Slayer
Mage Slayer
Vermin Slayer

Killers
Killer bonuses increase the damage dealt to a particular type of creature, and are found in the range of 1-100%. Killer damage property DOES stack with Slayer damage, subject to the Damage Increase cap of 300%.

Protections
Protection bonuses reduce the damage taken from a particular type of creature by a percentage amount. Protection is available in every Monster type. They come with an intensity range of 0 to 60% (i.e., X% amount of less damage dealt to a character). Protection does not affect reflected damage returned to a character.