• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Necromancy] Slayer Spellbooks

DeadThing

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I can't imagine that this question hasn't been asked, but I can't find a straight answer. Is the slayer property supposed to affect necromancy spells? Currently, my demon Slayer Necro book is boosting my magery spells, and not my necro spells. Similarly, my Blood Elemental Slayer Mage book boosts my magery damage, and not my necro damage. So, does slayer affect Necro, and for that matter Mysticism?

Deschet

Journeyman
From UO Guide:

Player crafted spellbooks have a chance to have properties from any slayer groups. You must have the spellbook equipped to receive the double damage bonus from most direct damage spells, and slayers granted by spellbooks only effect spells that make use of Evaluating Intelligence in their damage formulas (notable exceptions are Mind Blast and Harm). Note that Necromancy and Spellweaving spells are also not included.

Now, despite what it says above, Mysticism spells like Hail Storm definitely get the slayer spellbook boost. So if I had to guess, slayer books affect spells that make use of eval and/or focus (or imbuing). Have never seen boosted necro damage myself, so I assume the above is correct as far as that's concerned.

Deschet

Journeyman
Makes one wonder why they bother to allow slayer properties on necro books if it doesn't work for any of the spells...

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I thought at least wither got a boost in damage. Maybe not. Hmm...

BlackSheep

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I do not believe that slayers effect Necro or Spellweaving spells. Slayers only affect Magery & Mysticism spells. Spell damage increase however affects all 4 of those main skills. Mind blast is based on Magery skill alone.

DeadThing

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hey, I feel your pain. I got rid of (at least its on a stone) SW for Inscription on my Necro/Mage...to make slayers.... Thinking about swapping out necro for mystic, but i dont know if I can bring myself to do it.

Last edited:

Destiny<3

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
@DeadThing Well my necro scribe has worked out better than my regular scribe, since you can do lich form, and the MR is great! I guess it isn't a total failure then, I also use my mystic scribe to get inscription bods. :)

DeadThing

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Nice! Lich form is a bonus for mana intensive operations. I think I've decided to toss my necromancy on my Alchemist and give her scribing too. Get that mad scientist vibe going on!

Scott1234

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
A good place to scribe scrolls is at level 1-2 champ spawn, like the Serrado spawn... While in wraith form, using area effect spells.