• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Slayer spell damage change?

• Thread starter NickyDishes
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
N

NickyDishes

recently i did a rat spawn with my guild.....normally when i hold my repond slayer book i do over 100 some damage flamestrike when barracoon is corpseskinned....ive been inactive for the last 2 or 3 months....i come back and all of the sudden im doing 50-60 damage with same buffs and same sdi? was there a change that i missed in a publish somewhere?

G

Gelf

Haven't heard of any caster nerf to slayers( though it wouldn't surprise me if there was, considering the dev's seem to dislike casters). Could be a slayer bug(alot of bugs here lately) as it sounds like the slayer prop isn't working for you.

T

Tazar

It's been a while now since they made the lesser slayers more powerful and I have not noticed any additional changes since then. Have you made any other changes to the suit or template? (Removed SDI item, Removed Inscription, etc.)

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was Barracoon in Rat form or Human form? I believe the Repond slayer only affects him in Rat form. That is all I can think of.

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

humanform = repond

ratform = vermin

or i am incorrect?

N

NickyDishes

everything is the same....sdi suit slayer book etc........damage was the same whether he was human or rat.....has to be a bug

W

Walkerboh77

There is definitely a form that he changes to that isn't affected by the repond slayer....

i assume that is the problem you are experiencing as opposed to a universal slayer change

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have seen this happen before (about 1 in 6 trips against Barracoon actually), as i usually use a different spellbook for spawn and then swap to repond for Barracoon.
What i have done to usually resolve this is to swap back to my other spellbook for a spell or 2 then go back to repond then my damages start to work properly. Its like the game didnt recognize that you had equiped a repond so u do a rinse repeat to get it working again :coco:

J

[JD]

humanform = repond

ratform = vermin
i dont have a mage repond slayer book but I can tell you when im on my sampire or archer he only takes slayer damage from my vermin talisman when he is in RAT FORM. when he is in human form there is no add'l damage from vermin.

The UOGuide says Barracoon is repond. The stratics guide seems out of date as it doesn't list vermin slayer or Barracoon.

Testing/confirmation needed.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Some are, some aren't. Barracoon and Neira aren't. (She isn't Undead either.)

Fernadious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to kill Neira with undead book and flamestrikes before the champ bosses buff 2-3 years ago. They changed her slayer vulnerability?

C

Cloak&Dagger

Some are, some aren't. Barracoon and Neira aren't. (She isn't Undead either.)
Neira takes more damage from undead slayers....

i dont have a mage repond slayer book but I can tell you when im on my sampire or archer he only takes slayer damage from my vermin talisman when he is in RAT FORM. when he is in human form there is no add'l damage from vermin.

The UOGuide says Barracoon is repond. The stratics guide seems out of date as it doesn't list vermin slayer or Barracoon.

Testing/confirmation needed.
Are you taking the vermin slayer off when putting the repond slayer on? While double slayers work, you are most likely at the 300 damage cap and thus the additional damage will not be added from the repond slayer. But I know for a fact he takes extra damage from repond slayers in both forms.

J

[JD]

i leave the vermin slayer on for the rats he spawns.. using eoo on him. i think thats 250%.. might be 300% per a recent post i read. cant remember.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cloak‡1886984 said:
Neira takes more damage from undead slayers....
When I did Neira on my sampire undead slayer had no impact. The only benefit to having the undead talisman on was to do double damage to the crap she spawns.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

When you hit something with a Slayer, whether it's with a weapon or a book, a white flash appears on the target.

When you hit something with Enemy Of One you get an orange flash.

When your weapon takes durability loss you get a pink flash on yourself.

So aside from the obvious difference in damage it's very easy to see when a Slayer is working.

Barracoon is only vulnerable to Repond/Vermin Slayers while in Rat Form. In human form it has no Slayer.

Neira herself also has no slayer.

Both images, same book, same char, corpse skin + fireball.