• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Slayer mod DI question...

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It used to be that a super Slayer mod paired with a specific slayer mod would do super damage - i.e. an Elemental slayer paired with Blood Elemental, such as the old Juka double slayer bows.

I have a few elemental and reptile and repond bows, in fact one is a repond/reptile dbl slayer (Great for T-Hunts) That I am thinking of Imbuing to make Reptile/Dragon, Elemental/Blood Elemental, or Repond//Ogre dbl slayers to handle Paragons and other similar high lvl beasties.

Now that a specific slayer does 3X Damage, would there be any reason to replace the unwanted slayer with a super slayer or vice-versa, add specific slayer to a super slayer bow? I believe such a combo used to do 4X damage, but would that exceed the DI cap now in place?

Regards in advance!

M

Maggie

Didnt they say if you imbue a double slayer it would take one of the slayers off? I dont have any or I would try.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Didnt they say if you imbue a double slayer it would take one of the slayers off? I dont have any or I would try.
No, a friend of mine has already done so.

My question has more to do with the Damage potential of a super slayer paired w/specific foe - such as an Imbued Juka dbl slayer with Reptile plus Dragon slayer - would that be "overkill" - would the DI cap be surpassed and thus a waste of valuable Imbuing ingredients?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The top slayer in a multiple slayer, gets replaced by the newly imbued slayer type, or the weapon gets reduced to a single slayer, if you try imbuing the bottom type over the top one.

G

Gelf

the damage from slayer bows is capped at 3x, so u cant get 4x. also they changed slayers, the super still does 2x but the lesser ones like ogre do 3x(max). so cant see any reason for u to change ur bows

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the damage from slayer bows is capped at 3x, so u cant get 4x. also they changed slayers, the super still does 2x but the lesser ones like ogre do 3x(max). so cant see any reason for u to change ur bows

Thank you all for your responses:)

The 3x Damage cap is what I was searching for, so there is no reason to make the old school 4x slayer. Instead, I will prob make a Undead/Demon bow for Doom w/ssi30 and HDL50, and modify my DF buster w/same mods. Saves me carrying extra bows...