• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Skills going with a alchemist

• Thread starter agelessrealms
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
A

agelessrealms

Right now I am working on a crafter who will have gm tinker/mining/lumberjacking/carpentry. Considering doing alchemist skill for my next craft on him. Do these skills go well with alchemy? Is there anything that I should pick up for my final 2 skills that will benifit me as a crafter?

T

Trukx

If you are just making a crafter mule then it doesnt really matter. Alchy doesnt really complement crafting skills unless you run vendors or supply yourself or guild with equipment and pots. Tailor is probably the most useful as everyone wants medable armour, esp if you can get your hands on a few barbed kits. Or you could go bowcrafting since you'll get lots of wood by GMing jacking....quests are easy enough to do and a couple good runic kits can make some nice weps. Perhaps a few points into magery or chiv in order to get around.

Another option would be alchy, poison and blacksmithy where you can sell DP weps on a vendor, but those days seem to only of an ancient past at this point.

S

StaticOnAtlantic

Just got Gm Alchemy

So Temp is this.
Ledg Smith-120
Ledg Tailor-120
Gm Miner-100
Gm Tinker-100
Gm Scribe-100
Gm Alchemy-100
Magery-80

Works Out Great acctully All self contained and on another char i have lumberjack/fletching/ poising so all in all it works but i would have to say mine is the ULTIMATE crafter temp

G

I agree about having carpentry, especially to make kegs if your going to sell those.

About the gm scribe its better to have more magery for more properties.

K

Keno

My Crafter has:
120 Smithing
120 Tailoring
100 Carpentry
100 Tinkering
100 Bowcraft/Fletching
100 Alchemy
35 Magery (Enough to recall around and it will grow in time)

I'm developing a "Resourcer" with:
Mining
Lumberjacking
Swords
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Magery/Eval (Working toward enough to gate)
He can hold his own in most PvM right now but I'm mostly working to GM Mining and LJ'ing.

Next project is a Mage/Scribe... Was going to put the Alchemy on him but toying with the idea that it may be better suited on a Ninja/Fencer/Thief (Next project).
With this layout, plus my Fisherman/Archer/Paladin I'm pretty certain I can gather what I need to stock a few good vendors and still be able to play around in the dungeons...

Any suggestions on what may work best for the Alchemy?
Let the Ninja use it for GE attacks, put it on the Mage for some reason or leave it alone and just make kegs of potions for sale?

I also have GM Arms Lore soulstoned and may remove Alchemy and/or Bowcraft to put it on my Crafter and raise his Magery and get him some Music (so he can create instruments).

Suggestions or Recommendations?

Thanks everyone

Also:
I'm on Europa so if you'd like something created/put together just bring the ingredients and I'll help out as much as I can. I'm working towards getting more recipes now but haven't had much time to do the quests or hunts for them.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I also have GM Arms Lore soulstoned and may remove Alchemy and/or Bowcraft to put it on my Crafter and raise his Magery and get him some Music (so he can create instruments).

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're finding skills a squeeze but you really want that 45 Music for instruments, some options are: Jewels (+30), Traveling Minstrel library talisman (+5), Singing Axe (+5) and - if you're an elf - Song Woven Mantle (+10).

M

mike8756

I'm really surprised all these templates have no arms lore in them. Especially with legendary smiths etc...

G

glorypaxson

No crafter is "Ultimate" without Arms Lore

My Crafter is the Ultimate:

120 Smith
120 Tailor
100 Bowcraft
100 Mining (105 with gloves)
100 Tinkering
100 Arms Lore
80 Magery (100 with Jewels)
0 Music (45 with Jewels, Axe, Sleeves)

(Yes, my Jewels have 10 [8 and 12 actually] Magery
and +15 Music each...LRC also)

Stoned in my "Mule Room" of my house
100 Carpentry
100 Lumberjacking

I dont consider Alchemy and Inscription as Mule skills...
Since..
Inscription adds SDI ...use it on my mage
Alchemy adds benefits of potions....to be used for Stealth Archer

C

Chameleon

My mule is human, do you know of any other items with music other than the seelves? i'm trying to reduce the music skill to accomodate arm lores.

A

agelessrealms

Back after a vacation and thought I would send out an update.

After reading over the information in this thread I think I am going to do the following

I have crafter #1 which right now has GM bowcraft, GM carpentry, GM tinkering, GM mining, GM lumberjacking, 45.9 alchemy, rest in chiv

I want to build a second character (mule #1) who will be more of a mule. So make that GM mining, GM lumberjacking, GM swords, GM tactics, GM anatomy, GM healing, rest in magery for getting around.

Now take crafter #1 and drop GM mining/GM Lumberjacking. Pick up GM smithing and GM armslore. That leaves me with 100 extra points for crafter #1 to spend. I know that 35 of those points will need to be spent into magery for getting around. Any suggestions on what to spend to rest of 65 points? Someone mentioned they had some music in their template, is there any advantage for doing this for a crafter that I might not know about? Also, if you think i'm missing anything that might hurt a skill (lack of another skill which adds a bonus such as smithing +armslore) please point it out.

Thanks

C

Chameleon

What about puting in extra 20 points to make your smith lengendary?
And i notice, you do not have tailoring?

A

agelessrealms

<blockquote><hr>

What about puting in extra 20 points to make your smith lengendary?
And i notice, you do not have tailoring?

[/ QUOTE ]

For crafter #1 yes I can do that (L. smithy).

For crafter #2 drop anatomy and pick up tailoring. I guess I wouldn't need anatomy if all i'm doing is killing animals for tailoring right?

C

Chameleon

Anatomy is needed for healing.

Tailoring would be better on Crafter 1 since the armlore can give bonus resist to the crafted armour so leave anatomy on crafter 2 and if you have not enough skill points for crafter 1, use soulstones to switch between the tailor &amp; smith when needed. This way, you can bring tailoring to 120 too.

L

Lord Forest

<blockquote><hr>

I wouldn't say it is ultimate, considering you don't have GM Carpentry which allows you to make the popular bokutos, house add ons, and furniture. If it works for what you need, then however it makes it ultimate for your gameplay style.

[/ QUOTE ]
Anyone think the bokutos will be much less useful with nerve strike being a secondary needing 90 skill and 90 tact now? Just a guess because my mage/poisen/fencer was nerfed with that.

I

imperterritus

I've got two characters building alchemy, neither of which is a crafter mule. (They are on different shards.)

The first is a more or less classic mage, with the goal template:

* 120 Magery
* 100 Eval Int, Meditate, Resist Spells
* 100 Wrestling, 100 Inscription, 100 Alchemy

At some point he might trade off the Wrestling for Poisoning, unsure yet.

The second is a necro-poisoner:

* 120: Fencing
* 100: Tactics, Focus
* 100: Necromancy, Spirit Speak
* 100: Alchemy, Poisoning

Having the Alchemy skill offers several associated buffs:

* If the user of explosion potions has any alchemy skill the damage will be increased by 1 for every 5 points of alchemy skill the user has. The effects of Enhance Potion items are also added to explosion potions. Explosion potions cannot be used if you are [frozen].

* If the user of conflagration potions has any alchemy skill the damage will be increased by 1 for every 13 points of alchemy skill the user has. The effects of Enhance Potion items are also added to conflagration potions.

* If the user of invisibility potions has any alchemy skill the duration will be increased by 1 for every 10 points of alchemy skill the user has. The effects of Enhance Potion items are also added to invisibility potions.

The latter character is still relatively new, while the former just started the Alchemy path recently. Neither believes that Alchemy is just for mules any more.

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're finding skills a squeeze but you really want that 45 Music for instruments, some options are: Jewels (+30), Traveling Minstrel library talisman (+5), Singing Axe (+5) and - if you're an elf - Song Woven Mantle (+10).

[/ QUOTE ]

OOO, good tip! I just happen to have all of those items too.

G

Here is what I was thinking of going with for my mule:

BlackSmithy 120
Arms Lore 100
Mining 100
Tailoring 100
Alchemy 100
Poisoning 100
Item ID/Taste ID 50/50