• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Skill, Training and Equipment Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wrote a very comprehensive guide that is targeted especially at returning players, who have to catch up on all the changes since Age of Shadows. This guide covers skills, stats, equipment, weapons, armor and combat. You can download the PDF file here:
Skill and Equipment Guide

If you need a free and very fast and efficient software for reading PDF files (Acrobat reader really sucks!!!), check out the Foxit Reader:
http://www.foxitsoftware.com/

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Equipment Guide

Since I noticed that a lot of pirates do not really know what makes a "good" equipment, I want to add some general recommendations for armor and equipment. (I didn't cover templates like archers, stealthers yet!)

I am listing the total of all attribute values of the equipment (including armor, jewelry, weapon etc.). This equipment can be mostly crafted with the help of the Imbuing skill. Mind that the values I am listing are only recommendations which you should try to reach. The closer you get to them, the better is your suit. There are a couple of very useful artifacts which make it easier for you to reach those values, like for example Heart of the Lion, Fey Leggings, Pendant of the Magi, Rune Beetle Carapace, Stormgrip, Totem of the Void, Dread Pirate Hat, Ornament of the Magician, Scrapper's Compendium, Ranger's Cloak of Augmentation, Tangle.

PvM Melee Suit: (the cheapest to make)

All resists: 70
Hit Chance Increase: 35
Defense Chance Increase: 45
Damage Increase: 100
Swing Speed Increase: 30

(Mana and Stamina Regeneration can be achieved by putting appropriate leeches on a weapon.)

PvP Melee Suit:

Hit Chance Increase: 50
Defense Chance Increase: 50
Lower Mana Cost: 40
Mana Increase/INT Bonus: 40

(Leeches are not very efficient in PvP, thus the need of LMC and Mana Increase. HCI and DCI should be above maximum, as Hit Lower Attack or Hit Lower Defense from your enemy will lower these values.)

PvM Mage Suit:

Lower Reagent Cost: 100
Mana Regeneration: 14
Spell Damage Increase: 30
Faster Casting: 2
Faster Cast Recovery: 6

(If you compromise on LMC, MR and SDI, this suit is very easy to make, and still a very good mage suit. You will just run out of mana a bit sooner.)

Spellcasting/Melee Hybrid Suit: (the most difficult equipment to make)

Hit Chance Increase: 45
Mana Regeneration: 10
Spell Damage Increase: 30
Faster Casting: 2
Faster Cast Recovery: 6
Mana or Stamina Bonus (whichever is your weakness): 50

(This equipment requires some high-end artifacts and perfectly imbued equipment, i.e. a larger number of Relic Fragments and other rare resources.)

PvM Tamer Suit: (rather easy to make)

All resists: 65 or higher
Defense Chance Increase: 15
Mana Regeneration: 10
Faster Casting: 1
Faster Cast Recovery: 3
Luck: 1200 (optional)

(Since a tamer usually has some distance to the enemy and lets the pet do all the work, self-protective qualities are less important. However, jewelry may have to be crammed with skill boosts like Taming, Anatomy, Veterinary, leaving less room for other attributes. Luck will increase the chance of getting artifacts in Doom Gauntlet or at Treasures of Tokuno.)

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Equipment Guide

PvM Archer:
Hit Chance Increase: 45
Defense Chance Increase: 35
Stamina increase: 30
Dex increase: 14 (on jewels) and/or use dex potions a lot

(Mana and Stamina Regeneration can be achieved by putting appropriate leeches on a weapon.)
Note: An archer is only truly effective if you can shoot as fast as possible, hence the stamina and dex increase.

PvP archer:
Add in 60 DCI to PvM archer (counters hit lower defense to a degree)

Mage/Tamer:
See Mage suit, add luck if that's your thing.

When you get into ninja territory, suits become VERY flexible, depending on what kind of ninja you want to be and who...er ... what you want to kill. Typically, a normal warrior suit with FC4 is handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.