• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Skill to Bond Greater Dragon

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there:

I've got a Legend tamer on Atl, and the wife has an Elder. Our son wanted a tamer so I moved one over from Chessy for him as a Christmas present. His Lore is 120 now. How much taming will he need to bond with his Greater Dragon?

Thanks in advance.

ACB

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He needs 104.7 to bond the Greater Dragon. Animal lore doesn't effect bonding, only control.

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks so much for the answer. It has been so long since I had to tame anything for skill. He's at 100.1. I'm working pretty hard on bulls, hell hounds, and white wolves. I'm not getting any gains at all. Does anyone have a suggestion? I have gotten to 120 once and 110 again, but it seems to be completely different now.

Q

Quinn1969

Ridgebacks and savage ridgebacks (knock off savage rider w/bola). Hell I got a gain from taming a brown bear in Fel the other night and I'm GM. So....bulls and ridgebacks.

G

gramarye

Ridge backs, yes, but don't forget lava lizards, they take you to 120 no problems. :)

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks so much for the answer. It has been so long since I had to tame anything for skill. He's at 100.1. I'm working pretty hard on bulls, hell hounds, and white wolves. I'm not getting any gains at all. Does anyone have a suggestion? I have gotten to 120 once and 110 again, but it seems to be completely different now.
Remember quantity and being able to tame one critter right after another, makes a big difference to your speed of gains. That and reducing the total skill points used on that character so you get the most from the GGS gains.

Personally I'd recommend great harts at Healer's Grove in Ilshenar or near Trinsic. Then once those stop working, move onto ridgebacks. Whenever gains trail off, find another critter that spawns in good numbers and try that. If you're wasting time looking for the next critter, it'll really drag out, and over 100 it's a drag to begin with ;) I've also hit a wall with the harts, then put on a jewel with say +3 taming to boost to 104-105 and tamed ridgebacks, then gone back to harts again later on and rotated between the two. Sometimes the standard guide won't work with you and you'll need to mix things up a bit.

You can also break up the boredom a bit working the zoo turnins or even boost up with jewels quite a bit and work the cu sidhe spawn. You just might get lucky as I did and pop a blaze lol.

Wenchy

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought I'd post this since it was different than it was supposed to be. You guys know by now UO rarely works the way it is supposed to.

The Cu Sidhe, and the Greater Dragon both bonded at 102 real taming skill 120 lore.

Thanks so much for all the advice. I'm almost finished with this taming.

The most I got in a day was .7, .3 is the average and here's how I did it.

I put all his skills on stones except for taming, lore and magery. He had 331 points when I started. This lowers GGS gains from 32 hours to 6.6. :) It's not really 6.6. It's around 4-6 average, and about every 4th or 5th .1 it takes 10 hours to get it.

Thanks for all the help guys. My son is very excited about his Tamer Christmas Present.

Q

Quinn1969

I thought I'd post this since it was different than it was supposed to be. You guys know by now UO rarely works the way it is supposed to.

The Cu Sidhe, and the Greater Dragon both bonded at 102 real taming skill 120 lore.

Thanks so much for all the advice. I'm almost finished with this taming.

The most I got in a day was .7, .3 is the average and here's how I did it.

I put all his skills on stones except for taming, lore and magery. He had 331 points when I started. This lowers GGS gains from 32 hours to 6.6. :) It's not really 6.6. It's around 4-6 average, and about every 4th or 5th .1 it takes 10 hours to get it.

Thanks for all the help guys. My son is very excited about his Tamer Christmas Present.

*raises hand* I need a Christmas present like that!! Taming is the most boring skill to train. A toothpick under my fingernail sounds a whole lot better than taming bulls. UGH!

Happy Holidays!