• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Skill Locks and Amnesty

G

OMG OMG OMG OMG
I can not believe we so totally agree on something. SHOOT ME NOW!!!!!

G

I corrected my grammar. I meant to say, "I stand corrected" not "I stand correct."

edit:spelling

G

I never said I did not like you. If I didn't, it would be for something else. LOL

L

legscroft

Well i can understand the devs wanting to do whatever they can to keep players around & if they can do something to make more people happy, great! If it's a choice between one or the other, then I would say paid time. This issue should have probably been addressed from the beginning. I don't think the devs are wrong for wanting to keep players around. I do think people are wrong to expect stuff for unpaid time.

N

NightFlyer

"...Will losing/taking ANYTHING away from them be a good thing if we are trying to get them back to active status? .."

You have to be kidding here or not paying attention lately. EA seems to truely enjoy taking as much away from us as they can. Do you think any returning players won't notice what is already lost? Or soon to be lost with the opening of EA Land.

I'm surprised they haven't started taking away locks with everything else they are taking from us.

EA should base locks on paid time. No grandfathering. Returning sims should be happy for that much. They made the choice to not pay the account fully and take advantage of a loophole. Why should they be rewarded for that choice?

G

But you did treat me as though you didn't like me. You grouped me with donavan

Just kidding. I have no problem with donavan.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

OMG OMG OMG OMG
I can not believe we so totally agree on something. SHOOT ME NOW!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

BANG!

G

I would doubt that any more than a hand full of people would quit because they lose locks from time they did not really pay for. You cry foul because you will lose locks on accounts where you manipulated the system for your own gains. What ever you say or feel, it is fact that you gained those locks from manipulating the system as sure as if you were to keep re creating to get the 10k on each new sim. Or if you were to own 20 accounts and have all those sims as visitors in your house to get the number 1 spot. All of these are possible with the way EA has things set up. Just because something is possible does not make it right. I do however understand your point of view, what I don’t understand is that you feel you and others like you should be put 1st where putting this through would have to aid in coaching previous players back to the game. You say we left and because of that we should not be entitled to anything. Well I and many others spent the last 12 months of when I was previously playing trying to convince EA that we needed more communication, bugs fixed and a heap of other things that are now being done. For that time there was not only nothing done, we did not even get any information on what we could expect. I am sure you remember that period. During that time I watched so many people leave the game because of their dissatisfaction with EA themselves and ended up leaving myself.
You feel because of that all of us who left have no rights or should expect nothing for the years we did play.
I ask you this, which do you think had the most influence on EA to do the work they have now done and are doing, you staying, or us leaving. Now don’t get me wrong here, I am not saying we should be entitled to more than players who stayed. I am trying to get you to see that we all played a part in this game, no matter wether we left, stayed, returned or are yet to return.
I also think you should have a good look at your siggi,……

Ask not what your country can do for you....
ask what you can do for your country.

You seem to be going away from that just a little.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You know what? I didn't even read your post. Welcome back to iggy.

I defended that post here.

See Here, Where I defended that same post.

Edited to add: After seeing your response on another post.

With Comments Like:
<blockquote><hr>

When this topic came up last night it sparked quite the lively debate. I expect a few more of the "no way is that fair they knew the rules and shouldnt get the locks back" posts unless those people were just playing devils advocate in the pub.

[/ QUOTE ]
And others about the Nay Sayers. I was one of 2 people against this at the store. I guess I am "devils advocate". Evil for disagreeing. I feel like I have defended myself enough. I plead the 5th from now on.

[/ QUOTE ]
LMFAO - you didn't read it - but you know what I referred to.
You are truly amazing.
...and why do you think that being ignored by you is a problem for me???
I rather enjoy it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Funny you have an opinion on what I meant. And it is exactly what Donavan thought. 2 peas in a pod. *insert p's in pod smiley here.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's the way a lot of people think.
Except for (according to you) you and one other.
Ronin isn't agreeing with *me*, per se - he (and I) are agreeing with the overwhelming majority.

G

I saw <font color="blue"> blah blah blah...10k blah blah blah hours, top of list.
</font> You sure have done a lot of thinking about what I was thinking. I think! Good thing they are wiping all the money! You think? Besides they paid for those accounts. They did not constantly delete. They aquired locks. It would not be fair for them to lose them now! <font color="blue">blah blah blah Bite Me </font>

EDIT:
<blockquote><hr>

I ask you this, <font color="blue">which do you think had the most influence on EA to do the work they have now done and are doing, you staying, or us leaving. </font> Now don’t get me wrong here, I am not saying we should be entitled to more than players who stayed. I am trying to get you to see that we all played a part in this game, no matter wether we left, stayed, returned or are yet to return.
<font color="red"> I also think you should have a good look at your siggi,……

</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I think EA is striving to keep both. EA does not want to take away from us. Mostly, I think EA is looking forward to getting new players (Lots of them). While keeping the ones they currently have. We were told, we would not lose anything but our simoleans. EA has added a lot. Visit TC3 to see. The game will not hurt you. If people are allowed to keep the locks they have aquired up to this point.

l am not sure how you want me to respond to you. I am not sure how you think I am not helping my country by disagreeing with you.

G

Looks like he is agreeing with KIR now. KIR is for once agreeing with me. HMMM Me and Ronin must agree now.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

Looks like he is agreeing with KIR now. KIR is for once agreeing with me. HMMM Me and Ronin must agree now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that is due to happen some time in 2012, just a guess.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I saw <font color="blue"> blah blah blah...10k blah blah blah hours, top of list.
</font> You sure have done a lot of thinking about what I was thinking. I think! Good thing they are wiping all the money! You think? Besides they paid for those accounts. They did not constantly delete. They aquired locks. It would not be fair for them to lose them now! <font color="blue">blah blah blah Bite Me </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that the best answer you can come up with, sorry I didn't realize you were just a kid.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that the best answer you can come up with, sorry I didn't realize you were just a kid.

[/ QUOTE ]

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't give a tinker's damn about whether the part-time players get 'grandfathered' or not, but to suggest that players who paid each month but deleted/recreated ocassionally and did not receive locks, are somehow beneath those part-timers who paid only part of their subscription while "acquiring" full benefits, is just beyond comprehension.
The mind boggles at the unfairness of that comparison.

L

legscroft

<blockquote><hr>

I doubt if you read more than 3 words out of ten.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that your point needed proving, but I would say she just did.

G

<blockquote><hr>

EDIT:
<blockquote><hr>

I ask you this, <font color="blue">which do you think had the most influence on EA to do the work they have now done and are doing, you staying, or us leaving. </font> Now don’t get me wrong here, I am not saying we should be entitled to more than players who stayed. I am trying to get you to see that we all played a part in this game, no matter wether we left, stayed, returned or are yet to return.

</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I think EA is striving to keep both. EA does not want to take away from us. Mostly, I think EA is looking forward to getting new players (Lots of them). While keeping the ones they currently have. We were told, we would not lose anything but locks. EA has added a lot. Visit TC3 to see. The game will not hurt you. If people are allowed to keep the locks they have aquired up to this point.

l am not sure how you want me to respond to you. I am not sure how you think I am not helping my country by disagreeing with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when did they say we are losing locks?? As far as I know we were only losing simoleans.

edit:spelling

G

You said "I stand Correct" then you did another post to edit that. You said "I stand corrected" That led me to the assumption that you agreed with KIR. I guess I need to brush up on my detective skills.

G

ttl

I know this has become a heated subject, but this is a friendly warning to <font color="red">the whole thread</font>, to dial the heat down a notch, or the thread will be locked.

Please remember the two golden rules of Stratics message boards:

A. Show respect at all times.

B. Help build the Community.

Thanks!

G

I am astonished at this question. I went OMG! You have been defending taking locks from a ton of players. I have been arguing to keep locks. I edited the post and fixed that statement. It was supposed to say: We were told we would not lose anything but our simoleans. Did you get a little taste of what it felt like to lose something you already have?

G

<blockquote><hr>

EDIT:
<blockquote><hr>

</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I think EA is striving to keep both. EA does not want to take away from us. Mostly, I think EA is looking forward to getting new players (Lots of them). While keeping the ones they currently have. We were told, we would not lose anything but locks. EA has added a lot. Visit TC3 to see. The game will not hurt you. If people are allowed to keep the locks they have aquired up to this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I am not meaning to go on the attack with you, you are the main voice behind disagreeing with the locks being assigned to accredited paid time. Your main argument is that you and other players like you will lose locks accumulated by using the 90 day grace to keep sims alive on multiple accounts. You feel that because that was made possible and you did that you should be put before something that will make it more attractive for previous players to return to the game. And I must say here there are several people that I still have contact with that are previous players where loss of locks is an issue with them considering returning to the game.
Put yourself in my position, I have seriously thought about yours and I ask you to do the same for me. I have just recently come back into the game, advised by another who had just returned that communication was good with the devs now and things look like getting much better. It was enough to get me interested in coming back to have a look. I am trying to get people I used to play with to come back, most of who are saying they don’t like the idea of having to start off from scratch again. The locks have proven to be a sore point with most of them and I have realized they have a point. When I played before I had 85 locks I think it was. I could play a certain game with that amount of locks. Now I have 20, I can only max and lock 1 skill so I cannot play the game the way I remember. Its frustrating to be stuck in a beginners shoes when I am in fact a veteran. I can still enjoy the game and will likely still stay, the main concern I have is trying to get people to come back to the game. Applying locks to accumulated paid time will definitely bring back more players than not. I think you do agree with that. Even if that is only an extra 10% it could still amount to thousands. Also when players do return and if they have no locks, lots of them are likely to leave again through frustration. I am truly thinking here of what I feel is best to revive numbers in this game. Your argument is that this should not happen because you will lose locks that you gained by being able to manipulate the system. I can see where you are coming from here, it was available and that is the way you went about your game. You gained from being able to do that or you would not have done it. A player who chose to have multiple accounts so he or she could flood their own house with guests to climb the ladder takes advantage of what is on offer as well. Yet I am sure if EA was to say that will cancel or points gained by multiple account holders doing exactly that. You would agree that these players losing their positions on the ladder would be justified. After all they manipulated the system. What you and others have done is nothing as bad as that I know, but what you have done is still used something that I feel sure was not meant to be used the way you used it. Up until now it did no harm, but to put those locks you accumulated before something that would aid in bringing players back is totally wrong. Also correct me if I am wrong but at one stage you stated that what we are trying to do with this will hold up the devs from things they should be doing. But then later when Greg said they will make it so you can keep your locks everything seemed to become alright with you. Even though it would obviously entail more work for the devs. You are putting yourself before what is good for the game, that is what I meant by look at your siggi.

G

I am against anyone losing locks. I am not against people gaining locks. The way I took what Greg said, it sounded like returning players after now may not be helped. I am thinking, if you are in game now, you will benefit. And no one will lose skill locks either. A compromise. Are you against a compromise? Would you be happy if you got yours and everyone else kept theirs?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Evidently not the way you are saying. The devs see that. That is why the grandfather claus. I said I was done with this, with you. LMAO I guess next post you win. Seeing as this was a change since I last IM'd you. You are arguing a moot point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure why you responded to me.You never IM'd me. Either way, you can say it is moot all that you please. IMHO there should not be a grandfather clause. People that have locks they shouldn't have should have them taken away.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you honestly think the people who hung onto accounts by paying every third month in hopes that EA would actually give the game some attention should lose locks?

Will losing/taking ANYTHING away from them be a good thing if we are trying to get them back to active status?

At the very least they cared enough to renew every third month and check in on the games progress or lack thereof.

I agree with allowing them to keep what they have and MAYBE change the rules AFTER EA Land opens and people actually come back to check it out. ( but allow the grandfathering to be upheld)

If you think you are right, well I guess in your mind you are, common sense says otherwise as it does not seem like a way to bring people back.

PS. As I said before and I shall say again, I would gain some locks on some accounts and lose some locks on others, I'm thinking big picture here and not just about myself. BIG PICTURE !!!

[/ QUOTE ]

When put this way I can agree.

G

If returning players after now will not be helped then I feel we will all lose. I am not in this debate just for myself, this needs to made available for all returning players.
As to you and others keeping your locks, I think that is perfect. I was pointing out that something you stated in reference to the extra work to devs applying locks being switched to paid time was wrong. That they should be left to work on what is on the cards already. Yet when that extra work would not effect you, it became ok with you.
I know that writing in these forums can often be done in haste and things are sometimes placed in here with out thougher consideration of what it means. I hope that you are not the sort of person that some of your statements in your posts make you appear to be. Although from reading further into your posts I do feel you are not, I am I am sorry but they do make you appear to be a litlle selfish.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am astonished at this question. I went OMG! You have been defending taking locks from a ton of players. I have been arguing to keep locks. I edited the post and fixed that statement. It was supposed to say: We were told we would not lose anything but our simoleans. Did you get a little taste of what it felt like to lose something you already have?

[/ QUOTE ]

No I didn't get a taste simply because everyone will be having their simoleans wiped. I am for the wipe. At first, I was totally against it. After seeing what the devs had in store for the game I understood why wiping was a necessity.

I don't believe the skill locks or amnesty to be a necessity, but I do believe doing so will be a step in the right direction. k thx.

G

<blockquote><hr>

If returning players after now will not be helped then I feel we will all lose. I am not in this debate just for myself, this needs to made available for all returning players.
As to you and others keeping your locks, I think that is perfect. I was pointing out that something you stated in reference to the extra work to devs applying locks being switched to paid time was wrong. That they should be left to work on what is on the cards already. Yet when that extra work would not effect you, it became ok with you.
I know that writing in these forums can often be done in haste and things are sometimes placed in here with out thougher consideration of what it means. I hope that you are not the sort of person that some of your statements in your posts make you appear to be. Although from reading further into your posts I do feel you are not, I am I am sorry but they do make you appear to be a litlle selfish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your right. I was under the impression that Niki brought this up. Then Dutch made a statement about the devs seeding us. I talked to Greg. I was told by Greg they did, a long time ago. I would rather this not go through, if it will delay progress. If they are thinking about doing this and they offer a compromise. I will take it. Will you? There are many things about this change I was against. Players losing locks was one of them. People constantly deleting and removing themselves from iggy was another. If we could ignore an account that would be great.
The way this was brought to debate. If it were to go through people would have lost something they already have.
Nothing is written in stone. However, it seems every change starts here. Then it goes to a poll. Then the devs say whether the change will take effect or not. I would settle for no one losing existing skill locks. We win some, we lose some.
It looks like the devs may do this. If they are going to do this, I guess they have time. If I can't stop it at least I can compromise. The same with amnesty. I think everyone is selfish. We naturally want what will be best for us. Everyone says this is the best time to come back. If everyone wants this change they should come back now and before amnesty. Otherwise they could miss out.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Your right. I was under the impression that Niki brought this up. Then Dutch made a statement about the devs seeding us. I talked to Greg. I was told by Greg they did, a long time ago. I would rather this not go through, if it will delay progress. If they are thinking about doing this and they offer a compromise. I will take it. Will you? There are many things about this change I was against. Players losing locks was one of them. People constantly deleting and removing themselves from iggy was another. If we could ignore an account that would be great.
The way this was brought to debate. If it were to go through people would have lost something they already have.
Nothing is written in stone. However, it seems every change starts here. Then it goes to a poll. Then the devs say whether the change will take effect or not. I would settle for no one losing existing skill locks. We win some, we lose some.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said, I am all for comprimise, I did early in the thread try to point out a comprimise, it was jumped on pretty quickly. Where I am sure that I am right is something needs to be done around the locks to give returning players something for the previous time they played. It can only benefit all of us. If that could be done without effecting anyone else, and I hope it can be, all the better.

I

imported_Spacey

Just hitting reply.

------
"You cry foul because you will lose locks on accounts where you manipulated the system for your own gains..."

------

There is no manipulation of the system if the system is set up that way and let it happen. I have paid for my account with no lapse since day one and honestly I don't care if those that let their accounts lapse keep their locks/age or not. At least they kept their account active in hopes and good intensions of coming back to an improved game. IMO, no one should be stripped of anything if their account is active. The restrictions can be put in place after EALand opens.

G

I didn't read a single post in this entire thread. I could, but then I would be wasting a good portion of my life on nothing.

<blockquote><hr>

The hot topic with the devs today is should we have skills locks based on entitlement days. If they were returning players would have any locks they earned through paid time. Recreating players would have the locks they earned. Lots of opinions for and against. Lets talk about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um..no. You quit. Your loss. Get over it. It's a game for crying out loud. Don't recreate, don't quit. Don't "accidently" delete your sim. Let's change the rule now just because you got a little man holding a flag in the corner of your sim bio. OMG! I got a flag holding man. I must be special. Give me anything I want. I'm important. Double You Slash E.

So to answer your question and ignore everyone elses 15 pages of non read responses, no.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I didn't read a single post in this entire thread. I could, but then I would be wasting a good portion of my life on nothing.

<blockquote><hr>

The hot topic with the devs today is should we have skills locks based on entitlement days. If they were returning players would have any locks they earned through paid time. Recreating players would have the locks they earned. Lots of opinions for and against. Lets talk about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um..no. You quit. Your loss. Get over it. It's a game for crying out loud. Don't recreate, don't quit. Don't "accidently" delete your sim. Let's change the rule now just because you got a little man holding a flag in the corner of your sim bio. OMG! I got a flag holding man. I must be special. Give me anything I want. I'm important. Double You Slash E.

So to answer your question and ignore everyone elses 15 pages of non read responses, no.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahaha /clap. *Cheers on Pit*

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for sharing your opinion with us Pit. Not sure why a simple no wouldnt have been sufficient though or a no with some reason why you think so. In what way does being a founder have anything to do with it?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for sharing your opinion with us Pit. Not sure why a simple no wouldnt have been sufficient though or a no with some reason why you think so. In what way does being a founder have anything to do with it?

[/ QUOTE ]

i mentioned founder sim because whenever a topic comes up, founders (not saying all) like to pull this card. I have played this game since beta. I cancelled my account and deleted all my sims. I don't care about skill locks. I play just to amuse myself. But it seems that many people, be them founders or people that have played a long time, think they are higher than those who have played for a week or two. They assume they deserve special treatment.

G

Like I said, I don't give a damn one way or the other if part-timers get to keep their locks. But this:
<blockquote><hr>

Players losing locks

[/ QUOTE ]
...fails to mention that those lost locks were never paid for in the first place.

If deleting a sim and re-creating is sufficient reason to deny skill locks to a player who has paid every month, then failing to pay for the *time* for which those locks were "acquired" is also a sufficient reason.
Acquiring those locks is not the same as "earning" them.
Not to mention the fact that during the dormant time of said accounts - those players did absolutely nothing for the benefit of the game, so why should they gain any benefit for themselves?
Again, I don't care if they get anything or not - but all this 'justification, self-righteous' bull just ticks me off.

G

This is to no special post... I have paid faithfully every month don't make me special. I only deleted before we received sim locks as I could not justify losing the ones I did receive after locks were introduced in game, except for 4 of my accounts to move to DC then recreated again after I moved out (before sim moves)then again to recreate in TC3 I deleted and recreated like many did. I knew I lost my locks at that time but was my choice to do so. I would only benefit if this went into play since I never missed a payment (as many of us have done same), plus I would have no reason to keep 6 of my accounts, (oh another benefit saving $60 a month), not needing the different skills on them for teaching reasons since 3 would have the max amount of locks and 1 close to it. I have talked to others in game and they have said same thing about extra accounts. As for players coming back just because of locks, most I have talked to in second life and wow say locks are not a factor, its making the game worth coming back to with fun things to keep their interest. They agreed they knew by not paying they would lose everything but felt other games fit their needs better. (some have continued to pay their accounts even though they rarely play TSO because they did not want to lose their locks and all they have) And just a point of interest, some did not close accounts every couple months to cheat the system, but rather for financial reasons and didn't want to lose their sims nor their items, but most said they do not feel they should have accrued locks in the time account was not active. I believe some here in a different posts said you left game for how ever amount of time, lost your locks and items get over it you knew the rules but now seem to want those same rules changed for their benefit. So I have very mixed feelings about rewarding our locks even though I would only benefit. Hmmm, so those who never missed a payment nor recreated do they get a special reward for always being there in support of TSO? (I really don't expect "rewards") I knew the game rules and played by them so my recreated sims has exactly what they are suppose to have. I would like all my TC3 sims to have the 108 or how many locks it is by the time its put into place though, so I am really torn here. Ok another point, wasn't it mentioned by Luc before TC3 opened that they were thinking already at that time to give us our locks based on our accounts? ok now I'm really confused. What I would love to see on our sim page is like how Luc,Lee and Greg have.. the entitlement date for all to see but on bottom I would love to see the day we actually signed up to play like it shows on our account information and on the devs. page. This shows us how long you really have been around. you would see how long they actually have had an account and how many days they actually played that account. may help with the scam issues don't know for sure, since i trust my instincts more then anything and have never been scammed since once in beta for a whole 10k lol. Although one did try to scam with a tree by putting the star under it so you bought the star and not the tree but I was able to see I was about to buy a star not a tree.

G

Hmm I see, well I dont think it came up here though, the whole concept is to help all players not just founders. Glad your having fun in game with or without locks, but is that any reason to vote against this idea? Just curious.

B

BellaofCats

<blockquote><hr>

important because 'old players' might be willing to 'reactivate' their old accounts if they are entitled to create their sims based on the locks they actually paid for up until they stopped paying.

Getting rid of the lag....updating graphics....custom content....etc. That's all really important. But bringing paid subscription numbers up significantly in the near future is extremely important also.

If it ain't broke don't fix it, doesn't work here because without subscribers....there won't be anything to fix.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said!!

Safe travels,

Bella

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hmm I see, well I dont think it came up here though, the whole concept is to help all players not just founders. Glad your having fun in game with or without locks, but is that any reason to vote against this idea? Just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am having fun without locks. I hope you're having fun as well. The locks shouldn't be based on how long someone has had an account. It should be based on how long a character has been around for.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am against anyone losing locks. I am not against people gaining locks. The way I took what Greg said, it sounded like returning players after now may not be helped. I am thinking, if you are in game now, you will benefit. And no one will lose skill locks either. A compromise. Are you against a compromise? Would you be happy if you got yours and everyone else kept theirs?

[/ QUOTE ]

I took what Greg said to mean you won't be able to recreate over and over expecting to have your locks... Personally, I think if they are going to do this the locks should go along with entitlement days. I could see the initial giving of locks "grandfathering" with a notice that it is a one time thing. If they don't want to give locks when a person has canceled after 30 days, they should stop the aging process as soon as the account goes inactive. I still really really wish he would post here and tell us exactly what can and can't be done so the arguing over "moot points" can stop.

G

<blockquote><hr>

As for players coming back just because of locks, most I have talked to in second life and wow say locks are not a factor, its making the game worth coming back to with fun things to keep their interest. They agreed they knew by not paying they would lose everything but felt other games fit their needs better.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a player that has just returned after a little over a year I can tell you that if these people were seriously considering returning to the game, loss of locks would be included in their decision making. If not before they return, definitely after they return.
I have 3 accounts, 1 I re-activated and 2 new ones. Likely I will go back to 1 account after I have made enough simoleans to set myself up. Looking at the 3 accounts I have 1 with 1280 days of accredited payed time, the other 2 have very little. Which do you feel should be more attractive to keep active. I can tell you now that it is not the one with the 1280 days. That time stands for nothing and the others will get the anniversary gifts that the old account has already received.
People will say here that we are getting our gifts back anyway and that the old account if open will receive those gifts again. If that happens I like everyone else will just simply make sure all my old accounts are active for that month.
The point here is that 1280 days I played and payed for means absolutely nothing and I think it is extremely unfair of people to say that it shouldn't.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

As for players coming back just because of locks, most I have talked to in second life and wow say locks are not a factor, its making the game worth coming back to with fun things to keep their interest. They agreed they knew by not paying they would lose everything but felt other games fit their needs better.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a player that has just returned after a little over a year I can tell you that if these people were seriously considering returning to the game, loss of locks would be included in their decision making. If not before they return, definitely after they return.
I have 3 accounts, 1 I re-activated and 2 new ones. Likely I will go back to 1 account after I have made enough simoleans to set myself up. Looking at the 3 accounts I have 1 with 1280 days of accredited payed time, the other 2 have very little. Which do you feel should be more attractive to keep active. I can tell you now that it is not the one with the 1280 days. That time stands for nothing and the others will get the anniversary gifts that the old account has already received.
People will say here that we are getting our gifts back anyway and that the old account if open will receive those gifts again. If that happens I like everyone else will just simply make sure all my old accounts are active for that month.
The point here is that 1280 days I played and payed for means absolutely nothing and I think it is extremely unfair of people to say that it shouldn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I can tell you seriously that the locks have nothing to do with their decision to come back to the game. Like they said, they knew when they left the game they lost them. But if Ea had a game worth coming back to they would or would not concider it. I guess they feel there is more to the game then locks. Like I stated before I am neither for nor against, I stand alot to gain gettin them back on most of my accounts. I just think there is much more to be concerned with and being that I have never stopped paying, I have what I am entitled to, being I recreated or not.

E

EricaSKID

I think I posted once before in this thread, but I would also love to be able to keep skill locks (and change sims. I love playing both male and female sims).

I have 3 accounts right now. I have locks in different production cities on all 3 that I would love to be able to keep even if I don't get to play for stretches of time (I keep my accounts paid for this time). I had my first account I created when the game first came out. I haven't been able to retrieve my login info tied to this account although I would love to.

I will be going back to college in January and hope that I will be able to at least log in to keep those sims, houses, skills and objects intact.

A little piece of advice to those worried about losing locks if you can't play but want to keep your subscriptions up: Put your sims in Betaville.

I hadn't played 2 of my original Betaville accts in a while. I was shocked to log in several weeks ago to see that one set of sims are almost a year old, still exist and had 35 locks (now 36 locks). The second set is 115 days old or so. They haven't been deleted either.

I recently added a 3rd acct 5 days ago.

When I log in on 2 of my accounts (including the one with 36 locks, the other with 24), I only see the Master Sims. I know the others are there because they show up in game when on a lot.

Just a little tip for those worried.

G

<blockquote><hr>

And I can tell you seriously that the locks have nothing to do with their decision to come back to the game. Like they said, they knew when they left the game they lost them. But if Ea had a game worth coming back to they would or would not concider it. I guess they feel there is more to the game then locks. Like I stated before I am neither for nor against, I stand alot to gain gettin them back on most of my accounts. I just think there is much more to be concerned with and being that I have never stopped paying, I have what I am entitled to, being I recreated or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes the changes being made on the game will be the main thing that will bring players back, I heard about the changes and it was enough to get me back to have a look see what was on the cards. In making that decision I also thought about having to start again from scratch, conversations with others that are considering returning have said the same thing. Part of that is having to wait to regain our locks. I had 4 skills maxed and locked when I last played and to get back to that I will have to wait 1260 days to regain the locks. Now I can tell you, most who "seriously" consider returning to the game will think the same way. You like everyone else continually point out that we knew we would lose our locks when we left. To expand on that we actually knew we would lose everything, locks, skills, property interactions and so on. The attitude of people who stayed in the game is that because we left we should expect nothing, get nothing and have no say. To re build numbers in this game the most readily accessible market to EA is previous players. Telling these people about the new fun features will bring many back yes, adding that they will not be starting from scratch again because they will re gain their locks will bring back more. More important than that, will have more of them staying once returned.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes the changes being made on the game will be the main thing that will bring players back, I heard about the changes and it was enough to get me back to have a look see what was on the cards. In making that decision I also thought about having to start again from scratch, conversations with others that are considering returning have said the same thing. Part of that is having to wait to regain our locks. I had 4 skills maxed and locked when I last played and to get back to that I will have to wait 1260 days to regain the locks. Now I can tell you, most who "seriously" consider returning to the game will think the same way. You like everyone else continually point out that we knew we would lose our locks when we left. To expand on that we actually knew we would lose everything, locks, skills, property interactions and so on. The attitude of people who stayed in the game is that because we left we should expect nothing, get nothing and have no say. To re build numbers in this game the most readily accessible market to EA is previous players. Telling these people about the new fun features will bring many back yes, adding that they will not be starting from scratch again because they will re gain their locks will bring back more. More important than that, will have more of them staying once returned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well thought out and very well said!!!