• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] +skill hammer use

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Holding the +skill hammer and using a tong in your pack used to consume a use only on the tong. It now will subtract a use from both the tool in your pack and the one in your hand.

If you target the hammer in your hand for smithy then it subtracts only from that hammer.

-Lorax

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've never known it to NOT consume a charge from the ASH being held, going back to the publish that allowed an ASH to be held while using a runic (6 or so years ago).

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm. I always held it and used tongs because it never consumed a charge. My +60 hammer had been 460 for over 4 years and now from use its 448. I used to do this with runics so I held the +60 hammer and used the runic.

-Lorax

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If it wasn't using using charges, then you were bugged in a very nice way, until recently.

The only thing I could make that didn't use charges with a tool in my pack, while holding an ASH, were repair deeds.

I accidentally burned through half my first +30 using normal tools in 2004, from forgetting to unequip it.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No it didnt used to consume uses. Until last month sometime. My poor hammers are losign their charges fast now :( I believe they nerfed it becuase the +30 is great for RF farming with val ingots and the proper runic(s)

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A +15 hammer and a talisman with 25% exceptional bonus is enough (at legend blacksmith) to produce knights war cleavers for 100% exceptional.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya my +60 is in the mid 100's now. Makes me think I'm going to have to start doing bods a little more...Oh well.

-Lorax