• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Skill gets 'stuck'

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Finally got a 120 peace from a spawn a few days ago. Been working it up from 100 by casting the masteries over and over.

Went from 100 to 109.9 pretty quickly. Now I've been stuck at that for 2 days. I've done several thousand (>4k) attempts without a gain.

Anyone else see this? What's the trick...

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I know you're not a noob, but it happens to the best of us, so for the purpose of elimination... do you have points pointing down/available points/real skill available for the gains? Seems an odd number to get stuck at.

Also, I always assumed that the mastery with the higher mana cost is a higher difficulty and therefore will give you better gains at high levels.

I've also found using Soulstones often breaks skill gains for a while, but that might just be me.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Yes, I have enough space to gain a point - this character's total skills are 695.3.

I can try the other mastery. Just for fun I went out and actually peaced some mobs etc to see if that'd shake it free, though I didn't peace some 160 difficulty mobs... I could try that.

I haven't used a soulstone on this skill, ever, I think.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is your music greater than 100?

Even when I'm just trying to add an additional skill to my bard, I've always found it much quicker to stone off my music if its over 100, raise music to 100 again and lock it until the new skill is maxed.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Yes, music is at 100. I guess that makes sense, since when I took provo to 120, I think I was letting music go to 120 at the same time. Actually it doesn't make sense, per se, but still I will give it a try.

Should I take music to only 90, just to be able to use the mastery, or 100?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Well, as nonsense as this is, I stoned my 120 music, bought back up, took about 40 minutes to get back up to 90, then started running peace again, and boom .2 gains within the first 3 minutes.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Went pretty quickly after this trick. Just a few hours to go 110 to 120, including, somehow managing to get the last 1.0 or so in under an hour.