• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Skill Gain Question.

L

Lord Jurgen

Ok say I am at 705 Skill cap, if I soul stone 200 points worth of skill does it effect the gain rate as I am werking another skill be cause I am at a lower overall skill and have more points to gain?

G

It will affect your Guaranteed Gain timer - see this for a complete explanation of the GGS.

G

I never knew that your total skill points counted on the GGS. Looking at that table, I can now see that if I am trying to gain in a particularly tedious skill, I should do it on a newbie char! *begins plotting*

G

Well I see a new way to speed up things. I did not know that.

S

Sethblackmoore

<blockquote><hr>

I never knew that your total skill points counted on the GGS. Looking at that table, I can now see that if I am trying to gain in a particularly tedious skill, I should do it on a newbie char! *begins plotting*

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been doing that on my bard. Just my opinion but it works. I dropped my total skill points down to just over 300 to gain up discord and its working quite nicely. Before when I had 720 points I went 6 hours without a single gain!!

baxcir

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been using this to schedule my training for a while. (I don't stone off skills because I like to work most skills while actively playing--just my choice).

My only frustrations are the 27 and 51 hour points. I basically play for an hour at the same time every night (after putting my daughter to bed).

This means anything over 24 hours is really 48 to me, and anything over 48 is really 72!

It would be nice if I could log in once each day to get that one tick on the way to GM. Every other day seems okay over GM.