• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Skara Brae destroys Harpy Nest in Blighted Grove

Ophelia

Visitor

Governor Ophelia of Skara Brae gathered a group to hunt the harpies that have been attacking the citizens of Skara Brae! The hunting party assembled at the Shattered Skull Tavern and proceeded to the ferry across to the mainland. Warriors, tamers, mages, and rangers headed to the docks to take the ferry across to the mainland.

The group proceeded along the dirt roads east and then north towards the mountains. Passing through the towns of Nidaros and Gyldenfeld the group encountered a few ambushers along the way. The large Trolls, Ogres, and Ettins hoping to find a lonely traveler were quickly dealt with by the large hunting party. Upon reaching the brigand camps south of Yew the hunting party heads west towards the mountains escaping the attention of the near by fort.

Heading north again along the coastline the hunting party ran into an area where waves had washed away the path along mountain. The rangers had sent Remus the scout with a small ship to rendezvous with the hunting party and ferry them across the crashing waves of the channel. After landing across the channel, the ship unloaded supplies for the group.

Having reequipped, the party made their way to the Blighted grove and began hacking their way through the deadly thicket. Once through the thicket, the party entered a swamp filled with all manner of deadly poisonous beasts! The hunting party was quickly thrown into battle with the hungry beasts of the swamp. Marge began summoning deadly Energy Vortexes that emerged from the waters destroying swamp creatures in their paths. Zoogi looked serious and waved a hand over the swamps murky water while chanting something in his goblin language. A large bone dragon and undead rose out of the waters as Zoogi smiled with delight! Thankfully the undead creatures weren’t there for the hunting party! Zoogi commanded them to attack the many bog creatures!

While the fighting progressed, Ophelia notice a frightened Dryad cowering in the swamp near a tree root. She plead with the hunting party to help her!
“Oh help! Help me! I don't want to end up like my sisters, enslaved by the cruel Melisande. I cannot flee, I am bound here by the evil of the harpy Saliva. Won't you please help me and redeem my sisters at the same time? I will grant you my blessing in return.”
The hunting party helped defend the frightened dryads and continued searching for the harpies amongst the ancient Yew's twisted branches.

Governor Ophelia noticed a large harpies nests high in the twisted branches above. The party began to ascend the twisted branches and continue their attack on the nest. Arrows and fireballs slam into the vicious harpies as their wings beat and claws tear against the warriors in front!

As one of the warriors runs Saliva the evil harpy through with a sword, Governor Ophelia becomes dizzy from the stench and stumbles from the nest falling back into the swamp below! Others starting to feel the effects of the stench quickly race to climb down from the nest!

Suddenly there is a load crash and swirling from the dark murky waters as a large Hydra appears from the swamps depths! Still dizzy from their encounter in the harpy nest, the hunting party is attacked by a huge multi headed reptile! Screams can be heard throughout the swamp. Ebolts and fireballs can be seen flashing across the waters slamming against the mighty Hydra whose scales seems to effortlessly reflect the blasts! Lord Tigger and Cutthroat Sally commanded Stuffy and Bloodwine into the fray. They two dragons charged ferociously thru the waters and buried their teeth into one of the many necks of the Hydra! Archers let their arrows fly, while the sound of Nanoc’s clanging sword filled the swamp! Marge and Disturb cast summoned Energy Vortexes and cast Energy bolts at the scaly monstrosity! After what seemed like an eternity of the Mighty Hydra breathed its final breaths and fell dead into the swamp. The murky waters of the swamp slowly reclaiming yet another body into its rancid depths.

The hunting party hastily gathered the bodies of their fallen comrades and retreated from the Blighted Grove. Remus the Scout appeared and asked the whereabouts of Governor Ophelia The party realized the Governor was not among them, nor the retrieved bodies of their fallen comrades. Others claimed they had last seen her in the nest of the harpies. In all the confusion, the party lost track of her. Some thought that maybe the hydra had killed her. Is she dead? Is she floating somewhere unconscious in the swamp? Was she torn apart by the harpies in the nest? Or dragged off by one of the many alligators to be eaten?

Too be continued....

(Many thanks to those who attended and helped with the event preparation)

Nanoc, Cutthroat Sally and dragon Bloodwine, Tigger and dragon Stuffy Blighted Dwagon, Greenleaf and pet Skree, Marge, Zoogi , Disturb, Lord Earik and mockingjay, Lady Xio, Eden, Lady CaT, and of course
Remus the Scout. Anyone I have accidentally forgotten, I apologize.

For those in attendance, Remus the Scout has your reward to commemorate the victory!