• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Site Updates And New Premium Member Goodies

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Ron Bron submitted a new Article:

Site Updates And New Premium Member Goodies

Stratics has been working away to provide you with some awesome updates this week. We hope you enjoy!

• By popular demand, we have darkened the Blue Steel background. You have probably notice this already unless you are using UO Classic.

• We've updated the Guilds feature. The result is a more user friendly and better looking experience. Users can create a private, public, or closed member group. They can create rules for their groups, assign moderators for their group, participate in a forum, post to a group wall, share media, and organize events. This is really a great feature with a lot of uses. Premium users are able to...

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
We've updated the Guilds feature. The result is a more user friendly and better looking experience.
The front page, I'm not sure it is more user friendly, at least I had trouble finding out, I had to click on the open button, most will just click on the image or something to open the guild.
I know I'm getting old and my eyes could be better but why do everything need to be so big, I would like to see more guilds listed on same page. I really don't find this more user friendly sorry.

Users can create a private, public, or closed member group. They can create rules for their groups, assign moderators for their group, participate in a forum, post to a group wall, share media, and organize events
I saw we got a new forum, a real forum, and I'm really happy for that but I still try to find out if it is public or private. I'm also unsecure how the "private, public, or closed member group" setting effect this forum and member/staff wall. The new forum are much nicer than old Member/Staff wall.

This is really a great feature with a lot of uses. Premium users are able to create an unlimited number of Groups/Guilds! Standard users will be limited to one Guild.
Thanks, I really like this,

Thanks for the update, even when I believe some stuff need a little more work.

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
The front page, I'm not sure it is more user friendly, at least I had trouble finding out, I had to click on the open button, most will just click on the image or something to open the guild.
I know I'm getting old and my eyes could be better but why do everything need to be so big, I would like to see more guilds listed on same page. I really don't find this more user friendly sorry.

I saw we got a new forum, a real forum, and I'm really happy for that but I still try to find out if it is public or private. I'm also unsecure how the "private, public, or closed member group" setting effect this forum and member/staff wall. The new forum are much nicer than old Member/Staff wall.

Thanks, I really like this,

Thanks for the update, even when I believe some stuff need a little more work.
I'll see if we can make the groups a bit smaller, but we may be stuck...

@Nexus is working on a user manual for the groups, but a quick answer is:

Staff wall is only viewable by your group staff (owner and assigned moderators).

Public - anyone can see member wall and forums and contribute to both.
Closed - people can see the guild in the list, and members of the group, but have to join your group to participate in the forum and wall.
Private - no one (except us) will know your group exists unless you invite them.

Hope that helps.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Would it be possible to make it so members wall can't be seen of others than members but keep forum is public. It would be nice with a place for the leaders/staff to communicate with members without non members can see it. I really like to keep the forum public to communicate with enemies, customers or others interacting with the guild.
If not possible, I will find a way around it with one guild being public.
It's great to have the forum and yes a guide may be needed :)

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Would it be possible to make it so members wall can't be seen of others than members but keep forum is public. It would be nice with a place for the leaders/staff to communicate with members without non members can see it. I really like to keep the forum public to communicate with enemies, customers or others interacting with the guild.
If not possible, I will find a way around it with one guild being public.
It's great to have the forum and yes a guide may be needed :)
Right now the forum and wall Permissions are inseparable... We could create a non moderator staff role. You could then add your guildies to that position and everyone in that group would be able to see the Staff wall, but normal members and guests would not. You could then set the group to public so you can interact with non-guild members. Would that help?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I think it would work.
I had one to test the access for 2 of my forums.
One forum he is member off, there he could access all but staff wall.
Other forum, he is not member off, he say he can access the forum but not member wall, so it may already work as he want or I need to find a tester more.

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I think it would work.
I had one to test the access for 2 of my forums.
One forum he is member off, there he could access all but staff wall.
Other forum, he is not member off, he say he can access the forum but not member wall, so it may already work as he want or I need to find a tester more.
I created that other group in case it helps. You just have to manually promote people within your group settings.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I created that other group in case it helps. You just have to manually promote people within your group settings.
I tryed to find it, I still only see 2 groups, all members and staff

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I tryed to find it, I still only see 2 groups, all members and staff
I had a setting wrong. Go to your members tab and view your group members. There will be a promote button next to each name now.

Click promote and select the user type.

After doing that, the "General Staff" and "Moderators" will be able to view your Staff wall. They will also show up as "Staff Online" in your sidebar when viewing the group.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Thanks, I was missing the promote button, nice to have it back. This are a great add as I never feeled good about letting all staff be group owners, this is much better.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I made an extra login to test the access, here is what I found out:

Open - anyone can see member wall and forums and contribute to both. -> Non members can see the tabs: <Guildname>, Information, Members, Events, Forum, Rules, they can view: Information, Members, Events, Forum, Rules , They can post in Forum, they can't see Member wall
Closed - people can see the guild in the list, and members of the group, but have to join your group to participate in the forum and wall. -> Non members can only see Information, nothing else
Secret - no one (except us) will know your group exists unless you invite them. -> this seem to be correct

So it seem like it works fine, if the guild want the forum to be private, they must choose Closed or Secret. If they want the forum to be public, they must choose Open, this way non menbers can post on forum, but member wall is still members only.

There are some guilds, that act wierd on the guild list page, they show in half side and without the join and open/closed button. I first thought they was secret, but when I clicked the name, I could open them and they seem to be "Open"
I'm using UO Classic theme

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I made an extra login to test the access, here is what I found out:

Open - anyone can see member wall and forums and contribute to both. -> Non members can see the tabs: <Guildname>, Information, Members, Events, Forum, Rules, they can view: Information, Members, Events, Forum, Rules , They can post in Forum, they can't see Member wall
Closed - people can see the guild in the list, and members of the group, but have to join your group to participate in the forum and wall. -> Non members can only see Information, nothing else
Secret - no one (except us) will know your group exists unless you invite them. -> this seem to be correct

So it seem like it works fine, if the guild want the forum to be private, they must choose Closed or Secret. If they want the forum to be public, they must choose Open, this way non menbers can post on forum, but member wall is still members only.

There are some guilds, that act wierd on the guild list page, they show in half side and without the join and open/closed button. I first thought they was secret, but when I clicked the name, I could open them and they seem to be "Open"
I'm using UO Classic theme
It might be that some of the previously created groups need to update their privacy settings. I'll have to take a look though.