• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] since last patch running in place, stuck..

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
anyone else getting this?
i go to run away and my guy freezes and runs in place for a few seconds..
once he stops running i can start moving again.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
anyone else getting this?
i go to run away and my guy freezes and runs in place for a few seconds..
once he stops running i can start moving again.
is normal, happen when you have an heavy lag. If you run too far from the real position the client lose the sync and you must logout.

Richwarf

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is normal, happen when you have an heavy lag. If you run too far from the real position the client lose the sync and you must logout.
Normally yes this is correct.

But I getting this too and I know its not lag to the server or my connection. I changed to CC and running fine. So it is something EA/OSI broken :(

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Normally yes this is correct.

But I getting this too and I know its not lag to the server or my connection. I changed to CC and running fine. So it is something EA/OSI broken :(
depends just on the time that clients takes to receive the data and show the items... from beginning the EC client was slower than CC, but it's just like to compare paint to photoshop, obviously photoshop is heavy but gives you better results :)

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i dont think this is lag.. ive been getting this a lot and when it happens i can teleport with my mages and move around or recall away. my guys are just stuck..

one time it happened at the bank and i just left it, i could open my bank and chat and everything..

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What i cant understand is, why needs it so long, over 4 years to get a client running? 4 years i mean development of the whole client didnt take soo long.

The engine itself is a fail and would fail again, it is not perfmored and doesnt have good graphics. I also dont understand what they are doing all day long?

Sit down log in the game play 2 - 3 hours and you can reproduce all bugs written in this forums. One day it is the day the final patch comes out, if it is better than now nobody knows, but UO's client support is the worst out there on the market at the moment.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i agree, but they are cheap..

uo should have been redesigned on the dragon age I or II client.
that client runs so much better on my pc.. you can zoom, pan, tilt, rotate.. everything UO should be able to do..

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think navrey's area is the key to fix the last crashing issue... just running this area generates a crash every turn around :D