• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Since GDs have been hit with the nerf bat...

M

mrawdtsi

Has anyone else decided to take up Disco to make up for it?

I had to stone Peace, for Disco recently. It seems disco is a much more important skill in the Tamers arsenal now.

M

maroite

Has anyone else decided to take up Disco to make up for it?

I had to stone Peace, for Disco recently. It seems disco is a much more important skill in the Tamers arsenal now.
Not really, for the most part the GD still is an efficient tank. The damage is slow, and I find it annoying to try and do large things solo. Even the 2nd wave rats in Cavern of the Discarded are annoying. I just switch over to my samurai with a soul seeker. Its so much more efficient.

I wish we could give slayer properties to our pets, or if we honor something the honor would extend to the pet. Bush Tamer ftw! :x

They should make canes that have slayer properties, and if you wield the cane, the property is granted to your pet. Would keep the damage out of PvP AND allow tamers to be just as effective in PvM.

Granted, tamers are pretty effective, but if you haven't played a good necro or samurai build in PvM... you're missing out on how effective they are. :x

M

mrawdtsi

Granted, tamers are pretty effective, but if you haven't played a good necro or samurai build in PvM... you're missing out on how effective they are. :x
I'll have to give one of those a shot one of these days, itll be hard to purposely neglect my tamer though :D

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll have to give one of those a shot one of these days, itll be hard to purposely neglect my tamer though :D
If you have SoulStones, you could try (I would make them on Test Center TC1 and try them first) the following.

Lore:120
Taming:120
Magery:110
Necromancer:110
Meditation:100
SpiritSpeak:100
Focus:45-60

It is fairly easy to augment the above with Skill Mods from Jewelry and Items.

You could also substitute SpellWeaving for Necromancer. *Shrug* Might leave the SpiritSpeak as it is a fairly free and easy Heal or sub in Hiding, EvalInt (what I might do and take it to 110) or Chivalry.

Necromancer brings Offensive Spells and AnimateDead (3 helpers that do not consume a follower slot).

SpellWeaving brings Offensive Spells, Charm Humanoids, AutoResurrect Pet and You, Short Term Immune to Hostile Mobs, Heal Over Time, Natures Fury (1 slot summoned pet and I believe they implement pack instinct), Fey and its Evil Counterpart summoned pet.

While I listed more things for SpellWeaving that does not imply it is more powerful. At most it may simply indicate that from my perspective it may be more complimentary to a Tamer.

On the Other hand a Greater Dragon with 3 Animated Dead is probably better than a Greater Dragon alone. The higher the level of the corpse the higher the level of the Animated Dead up to I believe the maximum of a Skeletal Dragon. So you could have a Greater Draon+3 Skeletal Dragons.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*shrugs*

I haven't even noticed the nerf bat in my greater dragon activities.

Then again, I rarely take out my dragon... lately it's only for hunting fire ants and fire demons, and the breath weapon is worthless on them if it's nerfed or not.

Oh, and forgotten servants. But there's no point of comparison on those. They didn't exist pre-nerf

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Business as usual for me, I don't think I'd want to train disco again lol.

The greater drag is just one of many pets available to us, and none of those are nerfed, so I wouldn't change template based on one pet nerf.

Wenchy

U

uoBuoY

My tamers have always had disco available to them. It's just that effective!

Z

Zhao_Yun

Yeah I always love to run discord my tamer makes things quicker