• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Simple Question

O

Oglin

How do I rename pets? I've read most articles and can't find the answer to this question, please help.

Thks
Oglin.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
How do I rename pets? I've read most articles and can't find the answer to this question, please help.

Thks
Oglin.
In 2D drag off their life bar click the text for the name and backspace it out to empty the bar then type in the new name and hit enter.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
THanks a lot that was begining to drive me mad!!

Oglin

NP what sucks is when you rename one on accident though :-( It happens and you don't realize it and you go to claim it and your pet is named something like

a CuNoob Sidhe

F

Fink

You can keep spaces in the pet name by typing around them ie: don't backspace over them.

I have a character that sells mounts and so forth, I rename all his stock:

selling lesser hiryu
beetle for sale
forge for sale
selling golem
selling swamp dragon
etc

S

Sarphus

I'm pretty sure you can add spaces to pet names in KR still.

To rename pets in KR, you locate your "Pets" window and click the pet you want to rename. Type the name you want in the space provided.

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, you can get extra spaces in KR. And you can put Lord or Lady in their name with it too.

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you name the pet in KR then swich back to 2D it will still keep the name right?

T

Trinsie

Ok, I am probably the dumbest person ever. I cannot figure out how to rename a pet in KR. I spent a good our trying to google the answer and looked all through the KR FAQ posts and New player KR guides and everything.

Above someone says you do it at you "pets" window. I am not sure what that means but I tried at the claim guy and by dragging my pets name and tried on the pet health bubble thing. I can not find any way to rename it.

Edit: Found the answer. There is a tiny arrow on the left side of the screen you must click to bring out the pet menu.

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, pets named in KR keep their name even in 2d.

that arrow on the left side in KR is to tiny and easy to miss

S

Sarphus

weird... I thought the pets gump was defaulted as expanded when you have pets out. Yours was clearly collapsed...

I never thought to put a lord title on a pet of mine. hmm...

"Lord Fluffy"

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It might be funny to some people, but...I after taming a pet like to rename it to whatever day I tamed it.

Example, today is Wednesday...I tame a nice pet today, I rename it to TamedWednesday. Call me silly but I never remember otherwise.

That way when next Wednesday rolls around I will remember to feed it :p

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's not silly. I do that too. Sometimes with the hour too. So it woul be "Thursday Eight" if I fed it at 8.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's not silly. I do that too. Sometimes with the hour too. So it woul be "Thursday Eight" if I fed it at 8.
Hey that's neat...I never thought of that idea. I always play in the evenings and do taming at a certain time so I never had the need for putting the time as well to remember. But...that is a NICE Idea :D

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh!! Im trying to rename my pet in KR, Its wont let me add spaces!! *crys* Did they change that or something? Or is there something extra you have to do to add spaces?

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everytime you hit enter to rename a pet, it puts an extra space it. Just move cursor over to get that space. You can't type spaces into it.