• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Simple question about imbuing jewelry

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My artificer has only done unraveling so far, so here is an amazingly newbie kind of question (apologies in advance):

Let's say my warrior finds as loot on a monster a bracelet with FC1/FCR3 plus a couple of minor mods. Is it possible to remove the minor mods and imbue other properties onto the bracelet as long as the total intensity doesn't exceed 450?

Thanks!

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looted items can only be added to or increased but current mods cannot be removed.

Jewels can add up to 500 points looted or crafted.

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looted items can only be added to or increased but current mods cannot be removed.

Jewels can add up to 500 points looted or crafted.
There is an exception to this rule - a skill in one group can be overwritten by a skill in that same group - it's not removal, per se, but it is replacement.

Using his FC/FCR example, if it also had, say, Fencing +2, it could be replaced with Magery +15.

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Picus,

Thanks for the info and the quick response. Makes sense, I guess, that the devs didn't allow mods to be removed or it would make imbuing easier than it should be.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can also reduce the one or two non-complementary skills to max out out one or two the others.

Doing so also lessens your chance of losing valuable ingreds such as relic frags, because success rate is based on the current weight of the mods present.

Generally I only keep loot with FC1 & FC3 or +15 skill mods if the mods are few or complementary, for I prefer making exception jewels with my Tinker's "brand name" (aye, vain even in VL)rolleyes: ... IF I have the major ingreeds on hand!

R

RManthey3

There is an exception to this rule - a skill in one group can be overwritten by a skill in that same group - it's not removal, per se, but it is replacement

Is this to say that, if I imbue an item with one property in a group and then try to imbue it with another property in that same group it will overwrite the first one? If so, is there a way around this?

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is an exception to this rule - a skill in one group can be overwritten by a skill in that same group - it's not removal, per se, but it is replacement

Is this to say that, if I imbue an item with one property in a group and then try to imbue it with another property in that same group it will overwrite the first one? If so, is there a way around this?
Yes, it will overwrite the first imbue, and no, there is no way around it.

Group 1 -

Fencing
Mace Fighting
Swordsmanship
Musicianship
Magery

Group 2 -

Wrestling
Taming
Spirit Speak
Tactics
Provocation

Group 3 -

Focus
Parry
Stealth
Meditation
Animal Lore
Discord

Group 4 -

Mysticism - NEW addition with latest pub
Bushido
Necromancy
Veterinary
Stealing
Evaluating Int
Anatomy

Group 5 -

Peacemaking
Throwing - NEW addition with latest pub
Ninjitsu
Chivalry
Archery
Resisting Spells
Healing

------

For the most part, there are no directly complimentary skills in the same group, at least not as the skills were originally intended. It's the players that have blurred those conventional lines :)

J

[JD]

Save nice jewels.

You could find one which was

FC1
FCR3
+7 Musicianship
Resist Fire 15
DCI 10

An OK ring but its kinda strange, it can be changed to be better.

Reduce the fire, change music to magery, and increase DCI. You end up with

FC1
FCR3
+13 magery
Resist fire 1
DCI 15

An exceptionally nice Magery ring which only cost the relics for the DCI...