• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Silly question

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Lately I have seen everyone looking for bone armor only. Is there a reason why?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
  • Studded leather, hide armor (not dragon turtle hide), stone armor and bone armor provides 3% of lower mana cost per piece.
Armor for non mages.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
  • Studded leather, hide armor (not dragon turtle hide), stone armor and bone armor provides 3% of lower mana cost per piece.
Armor for non mages.
Plus, of the 3, Bone Armor has a base 16 resists (1 more than all other metal/leather armors), making it easier to make a suit.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No gorget but it has a helm.

Maybe I'll make some helms while waiting on the publish.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Still think it's completely dumb that NONE of the new armor from Eodon gives any bonus... therefore only mages use that junk.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ahhhh OK that makes sense
I doubt if that 1 Resist matters on Legendary armor that has >100 resist. They are after the 3 LMC.

For crafting a complete suit the +1 resist matters if you are not using a legendary piece to make the resists 70s.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still think it's completely dumb that NONE of the new armor from Eodon gives any bonus... therefore only mages use that junk.
As far as I can tell... Eodon doesnt really offer anything all that special. Just more open lands, like T2A... with new monsters. Zero in the way of stealables or that lot. Seeing big hunting teams are rare, even the spawning award rares are almost non-existent now. You have recipes… but they are extremely rare to the point of frustration.

Frankly, I think the most clear "oversite" was making special seeds spawn on some monsters... that are the same old thing from years before. Nothing new. Would have been nice! Put some new flavor on the wilted plant growing line.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As far as I can tell... Eodon doesnt really offer anything all that special. Just more open lands, like T2A... with new monsters. Zero in the way of stealables or that lot. Seeing big hunting teams are rare, even the spawning award rares are almost non-existent now. You have recipes… but they are extremely rare to the point of frustration.

Frankly, I think the most clear "oversite" was making special seeds spawn on some monsters... that are the same old thing from years before. Nothing new. Would have been nice! Put some new flavor on the wilted plant growing line.
That's where you are wrong there are stealables in Eodon... some of them really NICE...

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's where you are wrong there are stealables in Eodon... some of them really NICE...
Hhhhmmmmm. Well... I dont know of any new stealables, BUT its not my bag. :) No thief.

The lands are still a big disappointment in my eyes. Easily, T2A could have used the facelift (adding some areas people would want to hunt in, adventure, play... without destroying existing areas that DO see player traffic. Not to mention, Ilsh has a lot of adventure areas without so much wasted space... and yet, still could stand some help.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hhhhmmmmm. Well... I dont know of any new stealables, BUT its not my bag. :) No thief.

The lands are still a big disappointment in my eyes. Easily, T2A could have used the facelift (adding some areas people would want to hunt in, adventure, play... without destroying existing areas that DO see player traffic. Not to mention, Ilsh has a lot of adventure areas without so much wasted space... and yet, still could stand some help.
How has Eodon destroyed any existing area's???

And IMO after seeing what they did to Despise, Doom, Wrong and stuff...... I'd rather they left some of the rest alone... What I would like to see is them fixing up what they uglified in Illsh..... ie where blackthrons castle was there... I wish they would put something like the Bane or the Vanguard in that area... either one and with the tamable mounts. Bane Dragon or Dread Warhorse (which I would prefer)... but that's me... I don't want to them to destroy anything else that is in game.... lets not forget Haven and poor Magincia turned to a trailerpark... I miss what they were... and if they are going to have "new haven" then they need to get serious and put the rest of the skills into it with trainers and ways to train them up quickly to 50... like everything else... ie Spellweaving... that needs moved out of the place no one but scripters go and put into New Haven where new player can actually get the skill and learn it... without all the stupid BS associated with it now. ML was over and done YEARS ago it's time to take the skill out of the dark and bring it into the light.