• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Signature Help.

C

Cazzador

I want to do my own Sig but never done it anyone out there know where I should start. Im going to be using photoshop. Does the sig have to be hosted somewhere? Can it be hosted on Facebook? Thanks.

M

Mitzlplik_SP

I want to do my own Sig but never done it anyone out there know where I should start. Im going to be using photoshop. Does the sig have to be hosted somewhere? Can it be hosted on Facebook? Thanks.
I`ve been trying to come up with a sig myself. If ya wanna try something (or anyone else) other than paint that has quite a few more options,give this a whirl. I love this program.

http://www.gimp.org/

N

Nastia Cross

Cazzador, there are a TON of tutorials on Deviant Art (www.deviantart.com). There is also stock art on that website which is free to use in your design (as any copyrighted art or logo is illegal to use without express written consent). Stock art can be anything from photos, fonts, brushes, filters etc.

What you want to do is first create a blank template that is the size you want (and a size allowable by stratics). Save that blank template for later use. What I do from there is fiddle around with a stock image or two, adding effects or color or any number of things. Once you have things looking how you want, you can drop in an image of your paperdoll (if you so choose) and add your "tag". Drop shadows are nice because they add depth and help any text you add stand apart from the background.

If you know anything about photoshop, keep everything within seperate layers because it is easier to go back in and change or adjust things. Once you're finished, you can save two copies of the sig, one as a photoshop file which will retain your layers and things for later tinkering, and one as a jpg. Remember to make the image under 100dpi, as screen resolution is 72dpi.

If you (or anyone) has any questions, I'm more than happy to help out! Just PM me.

C

Cazzador

I would like to thank everyone for all your help. Thank You Very Much!!

A

archesjames

Hi ! I Wanted to make my own signature, but i do not know how to do it, i can down load Fantastic readymaid signature, but creating yt own sign. is a diff. filling.I went to diff. forums for that but i could not find it but thank u very much guys, i finaly found how to,proceed further. Thanks Again...We'll see u soon..

C

CaptRex

Just make a sig that fits in your personality and even your hobbies I guess.. Do not make very simple and too flooded sig. your audience might get confuse or else... Just be creative and think more.. be artistic on your sig. make it as your first masterpiece :scholar: