• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Siege Perilous Siege Perilous mourns Aeric Horn, Ginsu

G

<center>
</center>

These are some of the hardest words I’ve ever had to write, and I hope you’ll forgive me if they don’t quite come out right.

On the 23rd of July 2007, we lost a good man, a veteran of Siege, and a dear friend.

Clifton “Cliff” Allen, known to the people of Siege Perilous as Ginsu and Aeric Horn, tragically died of a heart attack, aged 45.

<center>
</center>

I first met Ginsu about a month after starting on Siege.
He welcomed me like a long-lost brother, as was his way, and fell over himself backwards to help me learn all he could teach about survival and fun on Siege.
Thanks to him, I met some of the best friends I’ve ever know in UO.
Since then, I’ve heard similar stories from more people than I can count.

He was extremely passionate about everything he set his hand to - pouring his heart and soul into it, taking it extremely personally when things didn’t quite work out, and rejoicing like a proud new father when they did. His energy and drive were an inspiration.

He was one of the best of a dying breed - the true role-player.
He loved justice, and lived the role of a knight, bringing justice to the lands of Siege. His writings were extensive, and always a fine read. Some of his works can be found here.

There will be a candle-light vigil held in his memory this Sunday, July 29th, at 4pm central time.
All are welcome.

His obituary follows below, but his memory will live on in the hearts of the people he touched forever.

Clifton "Cliff" Allen
Age 45
July 23, 2007
Antioch, TN.

Survived by daughter, Kelli Allen; sons, Corey and fiancée Mali Allen and Jon Allen; parents, Joe &amp; Nancy Allen; brother, Chris Allen; and maternal grandmother, Eliza Sissom.

The funeral service was conducted on Saturday, July 28, 2007 at 930 a.m., at Woodbine Funeral Home, Hickory Chapel, 5852 Nolensville Road, by Sandy Shawshan.

He has been Interred at Hazel Cemetery, Bellbuckle, TN.

<center>
</center>

Rest in peace, my friend. You are sorely missed.

Join with me now, in remembering our friend.

*bows head in silence*

K

Kat SP

I am deeply saddened by the sudden loss of our friend and alliance mate. He was a true inspiration to me, as he was the first person I met on Siege, my first and only Guildmaster. He inspired the creation of the guild I currently lead on Siege and the founder of Stonehaven, the player-run town in which we reside. From the beginning of my humble start on Siege, he was a constant, someone who helped shape and support our community.

I will forever miss the frequent talks we had, the constant planning and sharing of ideas, reading his stories, hearing his laughter. The honor virtues were a code he strived to live by. He showed compassion and patience like no other. I respected Cliff on many levels. He was a wonderful person who has always readily offered his help and assistance to all of us, without asking anything in return. I have yet to meet a more generous person. It was his nature to be there and lend a hand or an ear if we needed to talk, vent or even raise a little hell. Much of his gameplay was simply based around helping the rest of us have a good time and to support the alliance, his friends, his guildmates and ours, in any way he could. I am deeply saddened by his death and will forever remember him as the honorable Knight he always has been. I cannot think of a more accurate way to define his nature.

Cliff, rest well my friend. You were a true gentleman. I hope you left his world knowing you were loved and respected. You have truly left an impression upon my soul. I will forever hear your laughter. I am still turning to you for advice and guidance. I'm listening for you, but it's difficult to hear with a heart that aches.

We miss you and will never forget.

Rest well, my friend.

G

Cliff was a true friend to many people. He was very loved by those who knew him well.

I met him many years ago and we were very close friends. I spoke to him almost daily.

A week has gone by since he has passed and I can feel that something is missing in my life. I know he would want me to smile, because he always worked so hard to get me to smile, so I will just look at his photos, think of the times we had and smile...

RIP my friend.

E

Emo of Evo

A great man with an even greater history.
He will be missed.
&lt;3

B

Beatrice Quill

*weeps*

It seemed all we ever did was argue - but that was a GOOD thing.
He was a man who would passionately stand up for what he believed in.
One who would fight tooth and nail for his friends, and to see that justice was done.

I miss him.

S

Skada

I miss Cliff.

I was preparing to leave LA shard for good when he came along. He convinced me to accompany him and Nuri to Siege Perilous. In a short amount of time, we became friends. We looked forward to seeing each other online and venting about our day or just talk about the most random things.

His passing is a shock to me and is very painful. I regret never getting to express my fondness for him one more time... I've lost a loved one without any last good byes-as we all have.

He had a wicked sense of humor that made us fast friends and his attitude was right up my alley. Very few people strike me like that and he was one of them.

My heart and tears go out to his families: in-game and out.

To Cliff:
You were a true friend... I enjoyed our hours on end conversations and even more so I enjoyed our jokes. You were the best of the best, hands down.

To MYTH:
Fight the Good Fight.

To Siege:
Thank you.

Skada,
mka Candi

Diablo FTW

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when i think about it i just want to cry..... emo much but o well...

that make me more sader. the last time ive met him in game before he die i killed him in umbra. thats the thing who make me realy sad :sad4:

rest in peace. we still have you in mind my friend

:sad2::(