• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Siege Perilous/ I must Say Im Sorry

• Thread starter Elmer Fudd
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
E

Elmer Fudd

I understand that board pvp can be entertaining sometimes, but I feel persoanlly that it does go way to far, Im speaking for myself only, not as a gm not as a pvper, just as a person, I know ive engaged in some very ugly written battles on these boards and said things that I have regreted to people that are real good hard working folks out there...and for that, i want to say Im sorry, I cant change your mind or anyone else's, I can only change mine..I dont have anything against Goodguy, or Kat or Kelmo or anyone from TnT/To or JsV, Honestly if most of us got together in real life, we would prolly have a pretty good time, im not saying everyone gets along, there are still 2 people on this shard that I can honestly say I dont like, because of personell attacks towards peoples family's.... that goes to far IMO...

With no further conversation, I apologise..... and from here on out, I am making a strong attempt to change my style of board pvp, Siege is a good place and have good hard working people in it that want to have an enjoyable experience, I wouldnt want to hinder that by negative,hateful spiteful mindless babble that I have found myself resorting to sometimes.....thanks for listening, and Please, this is not a thread that needs to turn into exactly that kind of negative atmosphere,

and the people out there that I have offended, im sorry, and hope that there are no hard feelings and we could move past any differances that we think we have had...this used to be a tight community, I dont want to be apart of its demise..

Thank You SP
Rob (aka Elmer Fudd)

M

Mogluk

bah why I only get rewarded if meeb lick meeb fingas after meeb pick meeb nise

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It takes courage to admit you've done something you're not proud of, and take steps to correct it. I hope others find the courage to follow your lead.

It'll be good to see the boards return to a 'middle-school' level of conversation instead of the 'pre-school' it seems to have digressed to recently. :)

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand that board pvp can be entertaining sometimes, but I feel persoanlly that it does go way to far, Im speaking for myself only, not as a gm not as a pvper, just as a person, I know ive engaged in some very ugly written battles on these boards and said things that I have regreted to people that are real good hard working folks out there...and for that, i want to say Im sorry, I cant change your mind or anyone else's, I can only change mine..I dont have anything against Goodguy, or Kat or Kelmo or anyone from TnT/To or JsV, Honestly if most of us got together in real life, we would prolly have a pretty good time, im not saying everyone gets along, there are still 2 people on this shard that I can honestly say I dont like, because of personell attacks towards peoples family's.... that goes to far IMO...

With no further conversation, I apologise..... and from here on out, I am making a strong attempt to change my style of board pvp, Siege is a good place and have good hard working people in it that want to have an enjoyable experience, I wouldnt want to hinder that by negative,hateful spiteful mindless babble that I have found myself resorting to sometimes.....thanks for listening, and Please, this is not a thread that needs to turn into exactly that kind of negative atmosphere,

and the people out there that I have offended, im sorry, and hope that there are no hard feelings and we could move past any differances that we think we have had...this used to be a tight community, I dont want to be apart of its demise..

Thank You SP
Rob (aka Elmer Fudd)
Nice post. I told myself I would not get drawn into board pvp when I returned to UO and did a good job of it for a bit, but have failed rather miserably of late. The simple fact is TnT/myth and KoC/FIRM are the two powers atm and we are just about the only pvp game for each other and should appreciate each other as such. Anyway I'm done tossing stones and I'm not quite ready to quit although rl issues are forcing me to cut down play time. I know I always had a better time playing uo when I was giving my enemies a res, gate regs home, and a "good fight" and receiving the same. maybe we all should try getting back to that attitude. That is how it used to be for the most part back in the day.

F

Førsaken

Expected Forsaken response. but i dont really expect a lot from fools who can't even beat me at a video game honestly.
:thumbup1: As if yours wasn't the typical cry post we all know and love right? Think what you must, do what you will, all I know is when your ass up and face down, know there's a smile on my face knowing that you're crying irl about my uber hax!

F

Førsaken

Goodguy, add this to your signature:

One post by me and Unforsaken is sure to reply:bowdown:
Instead of trying to be so witty on a forum, emphasis on try, you should work on your PvP skills no? :popcorn:

Ask GoodGuy to send you the number to our Hotline. You'll learn lots!

H

HaHa

Expected Forsaken response. but i dont really expect a lot from fools who can't even beat me at a video game honestly.
Lol, expected goodguy response. Seriously though, you need to go out and get some nookie or something.This game has gotten to you waaayyyy too much dude. Every post you make is filled with such bile and hatred it makes one wonder if there is something going on with you . If theres anything i can do to help, even if its look up the name of some counseling in your neck of the woods, let me know. Im more than glad to help, take care sir, hope to see you in game soon .

Leaf

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thank You SP
Rob (aka Elmer Fudd)
Nice post. I told myself I would not get drawn into board pvp when I returned to UO and did a good job of it for a bit, but have failed rather miserably of late. The simple fact is TnT/myth and KoC/FIRM are the two powers atm and we are just about the only pvp game for each other and should appreciate each other as such. Anyway I'm done tossing stones and I'm not quite ready to quit although rl issues are forcing me to cut down play time. I know I always had a better time playing uo when I was giving my enemies a res, gate regs home, and a "good fight" and receiving the same. maybe we all should try getting back to that attitude. That is how it used to be for the most part back in the day.
I agree with both. I rarely ever post here because it has just become so toxic these days. It would be nice to see some kind of change. After all, we are for the most part adults here. Board PvP is one thing, but just trying to be hateful and stir up drama is a whole other venue.

E

Elmer Fudd

This is all nothing because KOC isn't going to change a single tactic.
Like I said, im speaking for myself as a person GoodGuy not as a guild Gm or anything affiliated with a guild, Im taking responsiblty for my own actions as a person, Im not speaking for my guild mates, I like each and everyone im guilded with, there good people, as much as there are good people in TnT and TO and JsV and the rest of the shard, Ive persoanlly chosen my own course of action for my board behavior thats all, nothing to do with KoC.

Like I said, I Cant change your mind, Forsaken's Mind Gorons or anyone else's and Im not going to, Im personally tired of feeling so much hate over pixels, I think its trivial thats all, My last two cents.....

B

Bennos Morales

I agree with both. I rarely ever post here because it has just become so toxic these days. It would be nice to see some kind of change. After all, we are for the most part adults here. Board PvP is one thing, but just trying to be hateful and stir up drama is a whole other venue.

One thread at a time, Leaf. :thumbup1:

(can't cure cancer in a day you know)

D

Daleth

I usually don't post in my husbands threads because people accuse of me being biased due to the whole "marriage" thing. But I didn't even know Rob made this post until a guildmate said something to me in game. I knew he was on his computer but not sure what he was doing. When I asked what post they were talking about he said " I made an apology on stratics, I think things have gotten out of hand and I just made a post for me, nothing to do with the guild don't worry about it." Those were his exact words, so this is not about KoC not that most of them wouldn't feel or do the same. `

I don't think you realize the person you are talking about, this is a guy who takes his daughter out once a year shopping all day for her bday and always takes her to Subway for lunch, even though he hates Subway. He will sit and play Kill Zone for hours with our son and let him win, do you know how hard it is for Rob to let anyone beat him at anything!

As much as I have gathered from Rob we are all real people behind these screens, with thoughts, lives, feelings and struggles. And were not what people make us out to be in real life vs this game. Lets all just think about that and remember why we play games, whether its UO or Monopoly, its suppose to a be a release from our everyday lives, not to add to out stresses. Thanks for listening,

M

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
as far as im concerned actions speak louder than words. This is all nothing because KOC isn't going to change a single tactic.

So apologizing to us for being complete asshats to you on the boards because of how KOC plays in game really isn't necessary.

Go ahead and hate me, i could give a **** what chump gamers like your kind think
Way to jump down a guy's throat for trying to make a change, and you wonder why you get little respect... you give none.

Could have at least given him a day or two to see if his actions reflected his post, but I guess that would be too much.

Plus, looks like you missed the part where he was speaking only for himself.

Reading comprehension and empathy ftw. [or lack of ftl]

G

Goron

Way to jump down a guy's throat for trying to make a change, and you wonder why you get little respect... you give none.

Could have at least given him a day or two to see if his actions reflected his post, but I guess that would be too much.

Elmer is the GM of koc and thus koc's actions are reflected on him, whether he does them or not because it shows that he approves of his guild members behaving that way. He may be a great guy on the boards and in game, but by allowing his guild to be jerks he is ultimately an accomplice to their actions. Kat has set rules in TnT, if she caught me speedhacking, for example, I am sure she would issue an ultimatum for me to stop hacking or i'd be out of the guild. She has done it before (not with me, that is).

Elmer has many guild members under him that are complete jerks in game and out. He DOES have control over their actions while they are in koc. If he really was trying to turn a new leaf he would reel them in. it is too easy for a leader to say "hey I'm a good guy" all the while having his goons do the dirty work.

I do not hold... say... superstition responsible for koc's actions... I have not seen him act like a jerk in or out of game much at all, and I know he is not in charge of koc, thus I can respect him. But elmer on the other hand is responsible for his guild's actions... To say otherwise is completely ignorant. Thats like saying a mob boss is not responsible for his crime syndicate's actions...

GoodGuy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You're right Hera, i shouldnt judge him personally for the actions of his guild. He made a sincere apology, but honestly he never needed too because i was never offended by him.

I just want him to man up and address the situation, we're beyond talking about just UO, this has to do with morals that a gamer either has or doesnt have

Elmer is the GM of KOC and as the GM of KOC he has a certain duty to either man up when its clear whats going on is going on or be a chump and continue to act like everything is cool and people go no reason to be pissed with KOC.

He shouldn't be trying to distance himself and KOC thats for sure. its a weak board political move to try and cool some of the heat.

When he addresses the actual sitution and gives a real apology not just for words but for actions, then maybe i would forgive what has been done.

but thats a ****ing pipe dream and i know it.

F

Førsaken

Elmer is the GM of koc and thus koc's actions are reflected on him, whether he does them or not because it shows that he approves of his guild members behaving that way. He may be a great guy on the boards and in game, but by allowing his guild to be jerks he is ultimately an accomplice to their actions. Kat has set rules in TnT, if she caught me speedhacking, for example, I am sure she would issue an ultimatum for me to stop hacking or i'd be out of the guild. She has done it before (not with me, that is).

Elmer has many guild members under him that are complete jerks in game and out. He DOES have control over their actions while they are in koc. If he really was trying to turn a new leaf he would reel them in. it is too easy for a leader to say "hey I'm a good guy" all the while having his goons do the dirty work.

I do not hold... say... superstition responsible for koc's actions... I have not seen him act like a jerk in or out of game much at all, and I know he is not in charge of koc, thus I can respect him. But elmer on the other hand is responsible for his guild's actions... To say otherwise is completely ignorant. Thats like saying a mob boss is not responsible for his crime syndicate's actions...
Posts like this go to show how serious people take the game and forum. KOC seems to run on itself, doesn't need hand holding. We are a pretty good, mature group in Ventrilo that have a fun time. Make cracks on people, tell it like it is when it needs to be, and overall, pretty funny imo. I'd be bored without the group I play with..very bored.

If someone wants to say hey, I'm going to be the bigger person or at least try my damnest to be, then so be it. The basic rules were layed out (before I came back even) and they work just fine. So stop trying to hold Elmer accountable for all us jerks.

GoodGuy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Posts like this go to show how serious people take the game and forum. KOC seems to run on itself, doesn't need hand holding. We are a pretty good, mature group in Ventrilo that have a fun time. Make cracks on people, tell it like it is when it needs to be, and overall, pretty funny imo. I'd be bored without the group I play with..very bored.

If someone wants to say hey, I'm going to be the bigger person or at least try my damnest to be, then so be it. The basic rules were layed out (before I came back even) and they work just fine. So stop trying to hold Elmer accountable for all us jerks.
lol sakey i had a long paragraph written but i realize its stupid to argue with you cause you're definatly NOT GOING TO GET IT. You play your game, we play ours, but dont get upset when we try to get a little accountability from your guildleader about ****.

You really DO NOT need to even be in this thread, he is trying to make a point without a hundred little KOC voices yelling **** over him ok.

I'd like to hear his response to some of this before it turns into another freak out match that eventually gets deleted and locked. so have some respect for your guild leader forsaken and let him speak his own mind please.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol sakey i had a long paragraph written but i realize its stupid to argue with you cause you're definatly NOT GOING TO GET IT.
That's hilarious!

I wonder how many paragraphs have been written to you...

I think we all know you're definitely NOT GOING TO GET IT.

Now go back to la la land.

:popcorn:

F

Førsaken

lol sakey i had a long paragraph written but i realize its stupid to argue with you cause you're definatly NOT GOING TO GET IT. You play your game, we play ours, but dont get upset when we try to get a little accountability from your guildleader about ****.

You really DO NOT need to even be in this thread, he is trying to make a point without a hundred little KOC voices yelling **** over him ok.

I'd like to hear his response to some of this before it turns into another freak out match that eventually gets deleted and locked. so have some respect for your guild leader forsaken and let him speak his own mind please
but.........you decided three was better. :thumbup1:

Avo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thank You SP
Rob (aka Elmer Fudd)
Hey you just hacked my apology!! And then used a speed hack to post it before i could even write it!! How dare you landlubbers!

E

Elmer Fudd

He shouldn't be trying to distance himself and KOC thats for sure.

Im not and never would distance myself from the best people ive ever played with on siege, these guy's in KoC are the greatest, and when most people get guilded with us, they feel that bond immidiatly upon being guilded, its a tight group and when your allowed in it you dont want to leave....These people are the best and I would do anything for them....sry you feel the way you do GoodGuy......cya on the field

Fudd

E

Elmer Fudd

This is awsome, You and I both know! You would love to be with us you and GoodGuy especially, were so funny, were goodlooking, were awsome PvPers, the chicks dig us, the Mods wanna be us, and your guild wants to be like us...I understand why you love us so much, its the same reason we love us to!:love::love::love::love:

Goron, lets try and have some fun in the game, its only that, cya in the field, your a crack up bro, your a real crack up

GoodGuy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im not and never would distance myself from the best people ive ever played with on siege, these guy's in KoC are the greatest, and when most people get guilded with us, they feel that bond immidiatly upon being guilded, its a tight group and when your allowed in it you dont want to leave....These people are the best and I would do anything for them....sry you feel the way you do GoodGuy......cya on the field

Fudd
lame as always. this is the best you can respond with? you're too ashamed to talk about a damn thing. i was right to assume so, laer.

Avo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got dibs on the rock first, and those sexy spectacles! Mmm we gonna have ourselves a party tonight and feeeel alright.

*spanks the rock*

you know you like it hard mr.rock, don't lie!

H

HaHa

Elmer is the GM of KOC and as the GM of KOC he has a certain duty to either man up when its clear whats going on is going on or be a chump and continue to act like everything is cool and people go no reason to be pissed with KOC.
So Kat is responsible for your hypocrisy, crying, childish behavior, less than a man personality, lack of skills , whiney posts, and anger issues? Kat, were gonna have to talk... :(

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So Kat is responsible for your hypocrisy, crying, childish behavior, less than a man personality, lack of skills , whiney posts, and anger issues? Kat, were gonna have to talk... :(
:lol::lol::lol::lol: :gee:

G

Goron

Goron, lets try and have some fun in the game, its only that, cya in the field, your a crack up bro, your a real crack up
Thats where the issues start... this board pvp stuff is just that, board pvp... you and I and Avo can say all we want about each other, but in the end its just board pvp.

Some k0c actively try to discourage other people's play experiences in game. I can honestly say its difficult to 'have some fun in game' when I am dealing with some members of k0c. And when the issues that interfere with my having fun are brought up, those members of k0c blatantly do not care and and make no attempt to enhance the siege community, in fact they make attempts to further disrupt the play experience.

As you say, 'its only [a game]'. So why must so many members of k0c go to all lengths to win at all costs, and then taunt people about it? That creates a negative play experience which in turn makes it easier for people to step away from the game.

I appreciate your effort to turn a new leaf on stratics but really- how many people quite siege/uo because of what people said/did on stratics? Its all in-game behavior that counts. And lets be honest here, k0c, with your 'we the best' attitude and play style probably have the most notorious history.
Just go to any 'bad uo related website with a forum' and type Siege players' stratics handles in and you will find many matches... I've done that. I'll let you determine which guild has the most matches on your own.

If its 'only a game' why must so many k0c actively try to ruin other people's game experiences in extreme ways?

G

Goron

:lol::lol::lol::lol: :gee:
this is exactly my point. so what if I am not as skilled as a koc member and thus I have a 'lack of skills'? Why would you go out of your way to hurt my attempts at getting better skills? Can't you appreciate that I continue trying to fight even when I am disadvantaged? Or, so you think I should just quit because I am not as good as you? This is the attitude I am talking about. And you talk about less than a man personality... wow...

H

HaHa

In the beginning i encountered the people who tried to ruin my game play, i remembered them and today im able to deal out the pain onto them, and the post wasnt directed towards you, it was directed towards the "problem child" of the forums.
A real man doesnt pancake and moan incessantly IMO, maybe others definitions differ, but that is mine. Youve stood up to me, ina fair one on one, didnt call for help and i was able to get you . I have the greatest of respects for you as a player cause of this. I ressed you, made sure you looted yourself and offered to help you get back to a safe area. If more of us did things like this it would make things alot better .(come to think of it you may have returned the favor a few months later)

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

So, if we follow this logic, we should give an infraction to Kat everytime we give an infraction to a member of TnT?

I applaud you on this Elmer. I wish more people would take your attitude and lead in this. These boards could be so much more if people could keep the ego's and emotions in check.

M

Mogluk

who'z da breedur????

she luuks lik she mak guud cubbies.....

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't let Mo fool you, he is talking about the one in the cow outfit..

M

Mogluk

!!!!!!

bah prolly gerbiler.....hes lookig for a guud time wit dat fuud

G

Goron

haha nice, but wth is the girl supposed to be?
lol, I'll assume you never went to a big party college on halloween?

Guys dress up as an assortment of things in an assortment of costumes.
Girls dress as one thing, sl- ... hmm... I guess anytime you have to question if your next word will be against ROC it probably does huh?
I'll just say she is in costume.

B

Black magick

lol, I'll assume you never went to a big party college on halloween?

Guys dress up as an assortment of things in an assortment of costumes.
Girls dress as one thing, sl- ... hmm... I guess anytime you have to question if your next word will be against ROC it probably does huh?
I'll just say she is in costume.
Yea but they dress that way every other day of the year, my point is halloween should be different. ^^