• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Siege PBD design doc posted to Dev Corner

M

marichessy

rtl....
I am glad that PBD's may soon be on the way finally! Woot! I know it's all been promised before but at least it seems like we are getting closer and closer. I mean they could just say "No PBDs...oh well...cry me a river"...God forbid. But at least they are working on it and it looks like they have a good 'PBD system' planned.

As far as the CBDs go, I think they should be left as they are until another publish. PBDs are the most important thing to concentrate on right now. Pretty much everyone agrees that we all need one and there is no controversy over that. Leave the CBDs alone until it can be further looked into...so that we don't screw up our chances of getting the PBDs ASAP just because of the CBD controversy.

As far as the theif problems go, I think the passive detect is a pretty serious issue and that needs some attention to. The thief class add some of the "perilous" to Siege. I do not agree that thieves should have +70 blessed skill points on them and if the detect problem is taken care of that shouldn't be necessary. I really don't know alot about being a thief as I have never been one....so don't take my question as sarcastic....but why do thieves need to be ninja's too? Before ninjitsu came along there were plenty of successful thieves. They didn't have shdow jump or smoke bombs. Why is it now a required skill? Just asking so I know the whole picture.

Anyway...that's my 2 cents. Thanks Mr. Tact and thanks to Wilki too. I am sure it's an uphill battle getting things done for Siege ( sad but true ) and I am glad that we have people trying to help.

X

Xergug

<blockquote><hr>

How do you conclude that a thing which *EVERYONE* has to have causes imbalance? It seems everyone has to have magery skill, everyone has to have resist skill...

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, but it is my point, those are inbalanced for the same exact reasons. And it sucks that everyone needs magery and resist. But, everyone can learn these skills, and having them can only possibly be ~2/7th of what makes up your character leaving you lots of room to be creative. So not nearly as bad as a single ultimate item that everyone will/mostly already does wear.

G

These posts make me wonder if we're even speaking the same language.
"balance" means that both sides of the equation are the same.

If 'everyone' is wearing the same items (7AE) and (for example) has magery and resist, where is the imbalance?

There is no imbalance. The problem is not 'balance', it is that since some people perceive that they have to have certain items and abilities, they can not have all the other items/abilities that they want

I would like to be able to fit every single crafting skill into one character. I can't. Not a prayer. Carpenters are the worst off, for this - to get the most out of carpentry, you need tinkering, magery and musicianship. To be self-sufficient, you need lumberjacking. A lumberjack who can't hide is an easy target. A lumberjack who can't stealth has to reveal themselves walking from tree to tree, and becomes an easier target. Magery without eval int is weak... do I take swords, for the axe/swords boost (if it still works?) ? What good is swords without tactics, anat, parry....

I could go on and on, but I'm sure you get the point. It's the same with thieves. If you want every single skill that could augment your template, you will soon be crying that the skill cap should be raised to 1000.

There are very few cases of 'needing' anything in UO. There are common ways of doing things, but they're not the only ways to do them.

Wandering totally off topic, one thing that really bugged me when the last 3 Star Wars films came out was all these Jedi looking for balance in the force. At that point in time, as far as they knew, the Sith had been beaten back, there were dozens (hundreds?) of Jedi, they were on top of the heap. Yet, with the mention of balance, they go ga-ga, and open the door for their own destruction. Balance did come about, but only because they were reduced to two survivors - Obi-wan and Yoda, and the Sith had their two as well. Nice balance. In hindsight, remaining unbalanced was far, far better.

Bringing that back on topic, if you really want balance, the only way to get it is to get the game so totally reduced in scope that we all get issued with exactly the same static template and indestructable items that we can't drop, get rid of bank boxes and houses and all other items in the game. My, what fun. But, it would be balanced.

We finally have a chance to get what so many have been crying about for so long - the PBD. Yes, there are other issues, but is it really neccesary to cry about them so loudly that the PBD goes back into the 'maybe later' pile?

C

CaptainCrunch

<blockquote><hr>

If 'everyone' is wearing the same items (7AE) and (for example) has magery and resist, where is the imbalance?

There is no imbalance. The problem is not 'balance', it is that since some people perceive that they have to have certain items and abilities, they can not have all the other items/abilities that they want

[/ QUOTE ]

The imbalance is that new Siege Players and many others won't have the ability to get these 7th Anni items. Much like how some have PBD's and some don't currently. It just leaves the door open for an issue like this to arise. If CBD's were left in, people withouth 7th Anni Items could still reach the 2 Blessed Items for all standing.

I'm much more for removing 7th Anni Blessings and keeping it to 1 Blessed Item for all. If you really want to bless that Sam Helm or Ember Legs, use your PBD on it.

S

Sommerset

Agree. Peril should be brought back to Siege.

To cancel the effects of CBDs and not 7AE items i hugely disbalancing however. Regardless of the history of CBD, they have up til now balanced the effect of the 7AE blessed samurai helmet: CBD can be obtained even if you were not around when the gifts were handed out, and they can be used by all classes.

CBD also have several other positive effects that 7AE items do not: It requires an in game tailor, lots of BODs and leather to get one (hence enhancing interaction between classes) and not just a credit card as the 7AE did. Furthermore the CBD add flexibility, creativity and roleplay to the game (not everyone have to use the same hat, and players can use their creativity to get a good and customiced template. 7AE is just about credit cards, uniformality and centralism.

S

Sommerset

Again: Fine if you can make it work, but it doesnt change the fact that thieves in principle are nerfed, disadvantaged and have fewer obtions of blessed items and useable templates.

The new CBD changes will remove the remedy CBDs provided to 7AE disbalancing efects.

Lets have a look at what other classes can do:

Bards: Sammy, Leggings, Lucky necklace and a PBD on say a high level luck doom artifact.
PvM Tamers: Same as bard, but add 1-2 blessed pets
PvP Tamers: Sammy, Leggings, 1-2 blessed pets + PBD on whatever they like
Archers: 7AE blessed bow, Leggings, Sammy + PBD on say a high DI artifact
PKs: Sammy, Leggings, Blessed 7AE sword + PBD
Mages: Sammy, Leggings, PBD on say the Inq.Gloves or

Thieves have 2 artifacts (main property being skill bonus as that is the most usefull for thieves). Nomatter which one they use, they will be barred from using one of the 7AE items. With the CBD they have the option of having one more blessed item, making them somewhat closer to the other classes options. They dont get as much as other classes, but at least they get some.

As the PBD issue has been mixed with the CBD issue by the DEV (with no regard what so ever to the 7AE items, blessed pets or numerous items that are blessed or bugged so they are unsteable). Hence it is more than fait to bringe BUGS of this so called "fix" to the attention of the DEV. Dont expect that there will be any fixes after this - the majority of classes are well of!

G

Hmmm

That 7AE bow is in my pack but I never use it and if you loot my bolts, it's worth nothing. I use PBD on a non arty bow I fall in love with

I

imported_Varka

You're also mischaracterizing CBD's, Sommerset.

The CBD hat issue existed before we ever got 7ae items, but you seem to be insinuating that it was somehow an addition to counterbalance the 7ae gifts.

Certainly, it might perform that function now, but these things need to be put in their proper context, lest a nonexistent feeling of "intent" be assumed.

Varka

S

Sommerset

I am not talking about how they were ment to be, or their history. On the contrary I am saying that history or intent should have no importance what so ever when deciding the fait of CDBs.

What does need to be taken into consideration is the way CBD has worked untill now. How they influence the game in their present form. In this context it is obvious that they have been a balancing factor to blessed 7AE items, and the dozens of other blessed items.

P

PapaSmurf SP

Mr. Tact,
I'm not sure if you are aware but we also have an IBD [Blessed] Ornament of the Magician and a OSI [Blessed] Blade of Brutality.
What will become of these two items?

M

Maginot

rtl

Blind Otto's post re balance hits the nail on the head. We don't want balance in the sense that everyone must use the same temp or items.

A few comments re various items:

PBDs: This must be fixed as it is a huge impediment to new players joining the shard. It gives older players too much of an advantage on a shard with no insurance and cannot be obtained by ingame mechanics such as looting, trading, questing, etc.

CBDs: No or little change is needed here. ANYONE can obtain one of these. You can make a tailor and get one. You can purchase or trade for them. The only change that may be needed is to restrict their use on all artifacts or major artifacts. I think Argyle made many arguments re obtaining things through hard work, ingenuity, etc. Nerfing CBDs is just a nod to those that don't want to work hard - if you want one, go farm gold and buy one from your local tailor. I seriously doubt there will be much of a market for CBDs if they can only be used on clothing and hats with resists only. Has anyone seen a resist only hat worth blessing? If so, show us a pic. Finally, if people are so worried about CBD'd hats, make durability on hats low enough that they will disappear with some frequency.

7AE: Just leave these alone too. People didn't get them because they weren't on the shard at the time they were given out, selected them on another shard or whatever. That's too bad. If you were here for the 7AE, you got them and should get to keep them. They will eventually work themselves out of the system through wear and tear (I know, that will take a long time and maybe future gifts of a similiar nature should have lower durability) and people quitting the game without selling them. You can also get these items through purchase if you really want one. (Note keeping CBDs might actually encourage trading these. If you have a great hat to bless, you might be willing to sell those bunny ears for a few million.)

Think about the precedent of taking away the 7AE gifts. A year from now is someone going to demand that 8AE gifts be removed/altered? (Of course, the devs might not hand out anymore of these gifts since they apparently cause so much trouble or they'll just give us some crap like a snowflake.) The reality of this game, and the real world, is not everyone gets everything. If you weren't around to get a 7AE gift, then wait for 8AE, farm for a good hat, buy the 7AE gifts in game, or do whatever you need to do to get a similiar item.

On that note, a year from now, are we going to have a big uproar because new players don't have a Charger? I hope not. These promotions come so often that you will eventually get something that others don't. Relish the diversity of that. Figure out how to overcome it. Don't ask that it be taken away from another player. Like Otto said, we don't want everyone to have the same items all the time.

P

PapaSmurf SP

*agrees with Maginot's smurfy post*
Papa Smurf would like to keep his smurfy blessed hat. Papa smurf would NOT look too smurfy in a samurai helm

S

Sommerset

If I may, I'd like to continue my current depression, and add that Chargers are complety unfair to those people who have waited threeeeeeeeee years to get an ethy (which is not even having armor bonus). Every 1 month old noob can now have one of those "ethereals"

P

PapaSmurf SP

I feel your pain on this but unfortunately many don't seem to mind.
So me personally, Ive just given up and accepted it.
At least the chargers are kinda ugly so I'll be sticking with my ethy's

M

Maginot

<blockquote><hr>

If I may, I'd like to continue my current depression, and add that Chargers are complety unfair to those people who have waited threeeeeeeeee years to get an ethy (which is not even having armor bonus). Every 1 month old noob can now have one of those "ethereals"

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is this such a problem for you? This sounds like some parent saying "When I was a kid, we didn't have Charges of the Fallen, so you shouldn't have one either." Sure, it's ironic that I will be turning 3 in a couple of months and now I get a charger, but big deal. I'm still happy to have the charger and I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. If chargers are transferrable (I'm not sure), you can sell yours to some noob a year from now and you're better off. If not, you're certainly no worse off.

S

Sommerset

Yeah, there is no way in hell I want to change my horsie for a "charger", or gonna look like an Elf

P

PapaSmurf SP

Aye and if you save your Charger for a year or so I'd imagine you'll make quite a smurfy profit as more little smurflings come into the game.

R

Rykus

You have got to be the smurfinest smurfin smurf Ive smurfed in a smurf's age. Smurfin' aye, and keep on smurfin!!

Oh ya, and go smurf yourself, you smurfin sunnovasmurf!

C

CorwinWE

"Why do you care Corwin, you left long ago"

I wasn't aware I should stop caring about something, just because I no longer spend my money on it.

G

Where are you getting the misinformation that chargers give an "armor bonus"

It's simply not true...

X

Xergug

<blockquote><hr>

rtl

Blind Otto's post re balance hits the nail on the head. We don't want balance in the sense that everyone must use the same temp or items.

[/ QUOTE ]

Balance only has ONE sense, and thus your post's premise is NONsense. What you are talking about, everyone having the same thing, is usually called *equality*.

CBDs balance the 7AE gifts because you can choose the one on the left, or the one on the right. They are balanced because they are similar in power or purpose depending on the player and their needs.

Removing CBDs removes this balance, so everyone is equal in that the hat of choice will be the 7AE gift. But, here is the tricky part, everyone doesn't have that gift, nor can everyone get that gift, so there *WILL* be an inequality if CBD are removed. The surest way to kill a shard is to make a barrier for new people. Lack of PBD is currently a barrier but CBD and 7AE gifts reduces the significance. This design doc remakes that barrier and makes it stronger, and also works against people already on the shard.

M

Maginot

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

rtl

[/ QUOTE ]

Balance only has ONE sense, and thus your post's premise is NONsense. What you are talking about, everyone having the same thing, is usually called *equality*.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even something as simple as punching balance into encarta, since you obviously have access to a computer and the internet, but maybe not a thesaurus, will show you that it is used synonymously with equality. The Engslish language is a tricky thing with many words used interchangeably with one another. You might want to consider that before calling someone's post nonsense based on semantics.

Having said that, I agree with the remainder of the post re the need to keep CBDs in the game if the 7AE gifts remain blessed.

G

<blockquote><hr>

CBDs balance the 7AE gifts because you can choose the one on the left, or the one on the right. They are balanced because they are similar in power or purpose depending on the player and their needs.

Removing CBDs removes this balance, so everyone is equal in that the hat of choice will be the 7AE gift. But, here is the tricky part, everyone doesn't have that gift, nor can everyone get that gift, so there *WILL* be an inequality if CBD are removed. The surest way to kill a shard is to make a barrier for new people. Lack of PBD is currently a barrier but CBD and 7AE gifts reduces the significance. This design doc remakes that barrier and makes it stronger, and also works against people already on the shard.

[/ QUOTE ]In "Harrison Bergeron", Kurt Vonnegut presented a scary view of a future society, where everyone was equal. "Nobody was smarter than anybody else. Nobody was better looking than anybody else. Nobody was stronger or quicker than anybody else." It was the job of the agents of the United States Handicapper General to keep it this way. Beautiful people had to wear ugly masks. People not heavy enough had to wear handicap bags full of lead. Clever people had to wear a radio in their ear tuned to the government transmitter, which sent out sharp noises to keep people from taking advantage of their brains. It was a world where competition was the greatest of sins.

Don't make this Siege Bergeron

G

Well thought out and stated. Some of us worked hard for IBDs; some of us have paid literally hundreds of dollars in monthly installments and upgrades to earn vet rewards, anniversary gifts, and promotional items; some of us have slaved for hours working our crafters to earn a CBD to use or sell... Why would the have-nots even suggest we have all this taken away? &lt;--(Rhetorical) Yes, we play SP and are certainly willing to deal with a different ruleset, but c'mon.
As I posted before, the idea I like best so far is a limit on blessed equippage, not ownership. I would have no problem whatsoever with MORE blessings, say, as rewards for the different craft skills. So what if I can bless everything my house, bank, pack animal, and backpack will hold if i can only equip a limited number of items? (Any one, any three, x# of types [i.e.: one clothing, one weap/shield, one jewel] there is a balance there somewhere, we can find it.)
The IBDs should be rare enough to ignore, so kudos to those lucky ones who have them: let 'em be an extra slot! Those who have em have well earned em. The fairest difference, to my feeble brain, would be to leave the PBDs as reuseable items, giving those who earned them a great range of variety, and making CBDs and, hopefully, other types of BDs a one-shot use. If you let the item wear out or break, oops on you.
Summary: I get to keep the blessed items I have paid real money for and dont need to worry about some newbie grief thief stealing/looting it in the future; my crafter still has something worth working for, and can stand at the bank with his dye tubs in his pack for customer satisfaction; and we all get to experience the thrill again of planning outfits as well as templates.
As an aside, I am also very much opposed to undeed blessings such as spellbooks and bonded pets. It has been a long time since a newbie tamer was able to sell a horse at moonglow bank for her precious first few gold pieces and sense of worth. Remember that thrill? (Do ya, huh? Huh?) Recall scrolls are worthless on our shard (which still doesnt make sense to me even after all these years) so what can a new-found member of our witches fraternity do to earn his way and continue his education? I could go on, but I will limit this to the bless issue. Someone please take it from here, and I know you can!

S

Sommerset

"I get to keep the blessed items I have paid real money for and dont need to worry about some newbie GRIEF thief stealing/looting it"

Why dont you go back to you trammy shard, where those evil and powerfull "grief" thieves cant hurt you? You know, the place where how well you do in game does not depends on skill, but on how big your (daddy's) credit card is.

"the idea I like best so far is a limit on blessed equippage, not ownership. I would have no problem whatsoever with MORE blessings, say, as rewards for the different craft skills. So what if I can bless everything my house, bank, pack animal, and backpack will hold if i can only equip a limited number of items?"

In addition to the blessed BODs, commodity deeds, blessed CBD reward, you will also have a blessed barbed kit and blessed pickaxe ? That is really nice and sweet. And all blessed gifts like cakes, painting etc you can then carry in your bag to prevent random theft and make it harder to see what you have in your bag. Coz paintings and cakes do belong in a bag, and not in the house - do they not? And GRIEF thieves really have so many bless options so, it is definitely fair that you in addition to your PBD, samurai helmet, royal leggings and also bless your fire beetle, your giant beetle, your BODs, your commodity deeds, and carry ****loads of annoying blessed stuff in your backpack.

And those poor tamers, who not only have a PBD, blessed lucky necklace, blessed samurai helmet and blessed royal leggings, should definitely also have at least two bonded pets. That is really fair, coz those GRIEF thieves use real in game skill and not their daddy's credit card, so they are wicket and migth hurt those weak tamers.

In fact, those GRIEF thieves are so wicket that it is better to make any elf with almost none skill what so ever able to passive detect a thief with 120 stealth and 100 hiding - no wait, thats unfair: Lets nerf the thief 30 skill points. Then we have a better chance against those powerfull characters !

G

Just can't stand the thought of someone else having something you don't, eh? Don't worry, your adolesence will someday pass. Poor lil fella, give daddy back his credit card, and I'll still let my son (who is probably older than you) use mine. Were you even born yet when I started playing this game? Sure doesn't sound like it. Oh, btw: it's just a game, in case nobody ever mentioned that to you.
Sorry, had to run before I could finish. I don't do the thief thing, never have, but Somerset makes a valid point. Excess items in the pack would be rough on stealing. If the pack were included in an item count, I could live with that. I'd be pretty silly to not bless an ash or good runic if I could, considering the effort it takes to get one, and I could still have at least a vet tub on me, so I could do my thing while a customer waits, I'm ok with that. Don't take my rant without salt, Somerset, I love a good rp thief, always have. No matter how good you are at anything, once in awhile you fail, yes? So if my vet tub or the CBD I'm trying to sell does that to ya, can't you live with that?

X

Xergug

Haha you are funny!

Put down the pipe, and try just a dictionary next time. I checked out encarta hoping it agreed with you and then would also be *wrong* but alas I failed to find anything that supported what you were saying. Every aspect of balance suggested two opposing forces or multiple disjointed aspects held together (ie harmony and that sense). Its true that two opposing objects in complete balance are equal in whatever sense they are balanced, for example two objects on a scale in balance are equal in weight.
Anyway this is a pointless debate and it may be merely semantics to you (but not to me). I want balance not equality. Societal rights should be equal, societal oppurtunities should be balanced! In this sense rights are akin to PBD, oppurtunities is what you choose to wear on your head and legs, be it 7AE gifts or CBD.

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Even something as simple as punching balance into encarta, since you obviously have access to a computer and the internet, but maybe not a thesaurus, will show you that it is used synonymously with equality. The Engslish language is a tricky thing with many words used interchangeably with one another. You might want to consider that before calling someone's post nonsense based on semantics.

[/ QUOTE ]

M

Maginot

<blockquote><hr>

Haha you are funny!

Put down the pipe, and try just a dictionary next time. I checked out encarta hoping it agreed with you and then would also be *wrong* but alas I failed to find anything that supported what you were saying. Every aspect of balance suggested two opposing forces or multiple disjointed aspects held together (ie harmony and that sense). Its true that two opposing objects in complete balance are equal in whatever sense they are balanced, for example two objects on a scale in balance are equal in weight.
Anyway this is a pointless debate and it may be merely semantics to you (but not to me). I want balance not equality. Societal rights should be equal, societal oppurtunities should be balanced! In this sense rights are akin to PBD, oppurtunities is what you choose to wear on your head and legs, be it 7AE gifts or CBD.

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a pointless debate and will accomplish nothing. You will not convince me, nor I you. I am embarrassed for even replying to you in the first place. I really don't need an argument over a thread! It seems, however, we agree on the original issue that spawned this thread if I recall your original post correctly. Good day.

W

wavace

ummmmm .... yeaaaa..... so whens the pbds sposed to happen?

G

<blockquote><hr>

ummmmm .... yeaaaa..... so whens the pbds sposed to happen?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was year 2100.. The world was recovering from a nuclear war.. EA designers of the MMORPG: Ultima Online finally decided to deliver PBDs to all those located on Siege Perilous...

S

SiegeAlex

right on i

say ill start a growing operation right now and bet i will have them grown and harvested by the time they come out jeese

W

wavace

Tact .... Wilki ....? Hello ...? Is anyone there? Feedback ?*hears voice echoing*

D

d0nkey

didnt even read that thread for more than 10 seconds.. "block shopkeepers from buying them.".... need i say more?

S

SiegeAlex

there never coming in accept it lol just because u got one less arti than the rest of em doesnt make u a bad person just means ur one step below them

W

wavace

didnt even read that thread for more than 10 seconds.. "block shopkeepers from buying them.".... need i say more?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ROFL , ya gotta love it. This is like a car salesman giving a pitch on a car hes never driven nor heard of before. Oh and thanks Rumpy for putting that pic up , I couldnt get it to take.

G

You know, it took all of 12 seconds to give reds access to Heartwood on Siege.
Everyone knew they only wanted access there to kill crafters, not to actually DO the quests, but, they asked, they got it. No one asked the crafters (which makes their opinion now fairly meaningless, be it for or against).

Yet, here we sit, and we can't even seem to get an estimated date.

Would it have been SO hard to re-run the code that originally issued PBDs? Give everyone one - even if it meant some people temporarily had two - while working on the 'better' solution?

I couldn't care less if I have a PBD personally - but when I hear of droves of long-time players disappearing, one by one, I certainly care if THEY have them. I know the code still works, because a friend of mine logged onto an old character that she hasn't used in ages, on Europa - and lo and behold, she was told that she could have a PBD.

So, can we at least have a date? Please? Even if there's a 2-mile-long disclaimer under it?

F

Faith Soulforge

Yea, he has, unfortunately I think even the most 'cheery' of cheerleaders have 'seen the light' and are beginning to give up.

It was hinted that in the next publish that some things that have been 'a long time coming' or something along those lines may be included. I'm afraid that it's most likely too late. . . I suppose we'll see, but I don't see a whole lot of new life being breathed back into Siege even with a PBD fix.

You know what's sad about the whole situation though? I kinda long for the days when the cheesedick way to kill someone was being a tamer.

*sighs*

W

wavace

Hey wow, theyve mentioned PBDs coming up in pub 38! It must be true, they wouldnt lie to us! Theyve never told us pbds would be in an upcoming patch , omg !

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Right, and then you can wear a blessed high stat samurai helmet with 15% DCI on your head AND use you PBD on another uber artifact. Thats [censored] brilliant!

Not at least for the few disarm thieves that are left !!

[/ QUOTE ]

I only know of 2 thieves that are dismount thieves..

Timothy and Star Jamison... and Star Jamison doesnt count cause he isnt good..

[/ QUOTE ]

For the record, I've never dismounted anyone and then stolen from them.

K

Kruger

I agree with the idea to revamp PBD's and support it completely. It solves many problems and will only create a couple. I don't like the CBD's coming off hats because it is only thing tailors can make a mint on, but oh well. My biggest disagreement with the proposal is the unblessing of 7AE items. I don't know how many of you out there actually bought each and every one of your 7AE items individually when the 7th Anniversary box set came out at a cost of $19.99 each, but I was one who got one of everything and multiples of some like the bunny helmet and hot pants. The only reason I bothered to buy most of them was because they were blessed items, not because of their properties. Who cares if the Rose of Trinsic &amp; the Hearth of the Homefire are blessed. They're house deco lockdowns! I got the Holy Sword, Helmet, Crossbow, &amp; Leggings solely because they were blessed. If EA unblesses something that I paid rl money for because it was blessed, then EA owes me either many months worth of game-time or a real money refund. Otherwise it amounts to nothing more than false advertising and consumer fraud.