• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Siege Duelists League, Season Opening, Register&Donate Here.. Weekly Prize is 1.72mil!

M

MeMn0cH

This Weeks Grand Prize: 1,722,500gp

Contestants:
Mandolian
Draxous
Puffy
Shakaja
Saturos
Bobby Treeman
Spree
Pyro
Halax the Savage
Jim Greco
Dragon Tamer
Brook

Donators/Amount:
Safe-Haven-Jassy/500k
Nixon/25k
Shalimar/500k
Revvo/2mil
Goodguy/250k
Zabu Tribe/25k

-Duelist's of Siege League Rules-

CHAPTER I. Rule.
In all fairness certain limitations will only be enforced on alternating weeks, and every seasonal championship will be seperately be held alternatingly on ruleset
If any rules are found to be broken by any spectators, or referee's there will be an issue warned, however, a second repremanding will cause a forfeit and loss of 5 points to your name)
The rules are as followed for all even numbered Sundays:

- No armor other then Non-Runic GM made, this includes GM, Helm/Legs/Tunic/Sleeves/Gloves/Gorget
- No artifacts, but no restriction on jewelery as long as it is not an artifact
- No Pots (Poisoned weapons are allowed, you may bring 1 poison pot of each level to use per duel, and the poison must be applied after the wall falls)
- No Petals
- No Pets or summons of any kind
- No Precasts (This includes but is not restricted to, Reactive Armor, Protection, Magic Reflect, Vampiric Embrace, Horrific Beast, Lich Form, Wraith Form)
- No Hiding
- ****iya Darts and Shrukens Allowed (Must be poisoned AFTER the wall drops)
- No Wands
- No Talismens
- Specails Allowed
- No fields
-No Apples

The rules are as followed for all odd numbered Sundays:

- No restriction on armor.
- Artifacts allowed
- Pots allowed (Poison weapons can be pre-poisoned no limit to poison pots brought) (12 of each kind per duel)
- No Petals
- No Pets or Summons of Any Kind
- Form Precasting Allowed (This includes Reactive Armor, Protection, Magic Reflect, Vampiric Embrace, Horrific Beast, Lich Form, Wraith Form)
- No Hiding
- ****iya Darts and Shrukens Allowed
- Enchanted Apples Allowed (Limit 6 Per Duel)
- No Wands
- Talismens allowed
- Specails Allowed
- Fields allowed, (Limit 4 fields to be in play at any time, this total of 4 fields is a sum amount for both contestants.. IE. Mage 1 and Mage 2 can not cast a combined total of more then 4 fields at one time, however once a field drops it can be replaced..)

*Disclaimer: While the event and event location will try to be kept raid free, I do not insure the security of any rare or expensive items brought unblessed to the duel arena and will not replace any items lost before, during, or after the event. I will however attempt to make the event as secure as possible.*

CHAPTER II. Entree Fee & Winnings (Normal & Seasonal
Every week (currently aiming for sundays at 8pm eastern unless CWS restarts their tourny) there will be an entree fee of 10k per contestant in which 50% of the money collected each week will go into the winners prize money for that week while the other 50% will go into the seasonal championship

The seasonal championship will occur on the first sunday of every other month and will seperately alternate in ruleset due to every other month having the same ruleset otherwise.
The first seasonal championship will have a restricted ruleset, then the second will be a non-restriction, etc etc..
Note: The entree fee for the seasonal championship will be 20k in which will all of the entree fees will go to that seasonal championship

There will be a character registration point (One character per person) in which will take place before each season starts (2 month periods).

The character registration will require that you state your character name and the skills of your character (skill values need not be given if you wish for them to remain confidentail, however the skills in your template MUST be given) through the season you must keep the same template for every week until the season is over in which there will be a new registration.
This is to keep people from equipting a template via soulstones that is most benifical to the ruleset of that week.

CHAPTER III. League Standings and Requirements to Qualify for Seasonal Championship

Inbetween every seasonal championship there will be 8 regular league match dates in which to earn lesser gold rewards, and points in standings to qualify for the Seasonal Championship.
Regular League matches will institute a 1 round winner takes all fight.
(Note: If any match exceeds a time of 7 minutes with no winner, the duel will be stopped in which both parties will remove a piece of armor of their own choice, afterwords every 2 minutes an additional piece of armor will be removed)

Each Seasonal Championship the top 6 league duelists will be chosen to fight for the seasonal prize in the championship.
Seasonal Championships will institute a best 2 out of 3 rounds wins fight.
(Note: If in seasonal championships the parties are of opposing factions, a 1 round fight will be instituted as an exception due to stat loss)
(Note: If a seasonal championship match exceeds 10 minutes, both parties will remove a piece of armor in which they choose, every 3 minutes afterwords another piece of armor will be removed)
During regular league play the points will be given out as followed:

1st Place - 20 Points
2nd Place - 16 Points
3rd Place - 10 Points
4th Place - 7 Points
5th Place - 5 Points
6th Place - 3 Points
Each additional place, that aquires a win for the current week will recieve 2 points.
While the duelists whom lose in the first round for the current week will recieve 1 point.

Once the top 6 duelists have been selected they will be bracketed as so, (Using letters A-F to diagram the bracket tree)

FIRST ROUND (Best 2 out of 3)
A- Buy
B- Buy
C-
|- Winner (C)
D-
E-
|- Winner (E)
F-

SECOND ROUND (Best 2 out of 3)
A-
|-Winner (A)
C-
B-
|-Winner (B)
E-

FINAL ROUND (Best 2 out of 3)
A-
|-A (Overall winner)
B-

CHAPTER IV. Donations
Donations from non-participants will be accepted, and greatly welcomed in which all donations will also be split 50/50 unless recieved on the upcoming week of a seasonal championship
All donators will be given the priveledge to own a vendor at the house
The vendor can be used to sell anything the tournament permits therefore offering an on-site restock center in which will make equipting easier for contestants and give donators an added money revenue for their support in the tournament

THE HOUSE:

The house is built, unable to get natures furies, or poison walls into the duel pit which is 8x8 in size, with spectators being a level above the duel pit and power words capable of being seen.

The house is extremely close to guardzone, and the yew bank, making it great for restocking and horrible for raiding. I have to thank a dear friend Shalimar for a great gift in practically giving me this house.
Questions? Comments? Wish to help in the building of this event by supporting or being a regular contestant? Wish to be a supporter of this soon to be weekly event? ICQ me at: 223-761-062

G

Hmm. Put you down, you say? Well.... Your posts are too long and you look funny. There, take that!

G

All kidding aside, good luck with this MeM. Hold the tournement for who ever shows up. Even if it is just a handfull of folks. Momentum will build as you do this on a regular basis.

M

MeMn0cH

<blockquote><hr>

All kidding aside, good luck with this MeM. Hold the tournement for who ever shows up. Even if it is just a handfull of folks. Momentum will build as you do this on a regular basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will do, specailly since Im grounded for stuipidity for quite some time.

S

Saturos

I'll enter I guess

Question though- you said for even numbered Sundays, no poison weapons allowed unless you poison em after the fight starts, and that shurikens/darts are also allowed. Am I correct in assuming that they are only allowed to be poisoned after the fight starts as well?

M

MeMn0cH

Wow really good question..

I hadnt heard anyone question that one before..

And in light of a restriction week, and in light of trying to keep all dexxers without poisoning FROM poisoning... I will edit the rules to state unless poisoned after the fight.

S

Safe-Haven-Jassy

This sounds like a great event. As a treasure hunter my fighting skills are limited to "all kill", so I won't be participating.

Perhaps a contribution from me and some others can get more people to sign on though. I would like to contribute 500,000 gold up front and an undetermined bonus for the championships as they come up. If a few people out there are willing to match that, we could have quite a pot. I challenge them to do so, if they can.

As I have all I can handle keeping my own vendor shop stocked, I would like to ask if the offer of a vendor at the arena could be given to someone else. Perhaps THB would be interested in selling regs and jewery or maybe someone else if they wish not too.

As always I would like to thank the supporters of my vendor shop in Safe Haven for making this possible.

M

MeMn0cH

I am most grateful for the donation

As stated 250k from your 500k will go to this week and the other 250k kept for the seasonal prize..

Once again I thank you for your contribution

Nixon[I-C]

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll donate 25k.

Not much I know but I just started on Siege so don't have a char good enough nor much money to put towards it.

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Put me down for 2 million into the prize fund, so just give me back 3 million whenever

M

MeMn0cH

Lol Yessir.. next time your ingame ICQ me and if Im around I'll give ya your GP.

S

Saturos

Ooh, another question - are the animal forms that give speed bonuses allowed? And if so, are we allowed to use ethies against them so they cant just run around without any chance of getting in melee range?

M

MeMn0cH

I'll allow animal forms because of the restrictions they put against the user of no spells, no specails etc etc..

Also you would not be allowed to mount up against anyone that used one of these forms.

M

Masumatek

Well since you welcome comments...

Wither and holy light on foot in a tight area are pretty overpowered. It is the "restricted day," so there's plenty justification to eliminate those on even numbered Sundays. I also think only GM armor is a bit harsh considering the damage that can be done these days. Just my suggestions...

M

MeMn0cH

I believe we have already gone over the holy light and wither..

Wither devores mana, and you really shouldnt have a problem disrupting anyone trying to spam wither as it isnt the fastest casting spell in the books..

Holy light can be casted fast, however, not at 2 FC and as nothing other then jewelery can be worn with FC except if you were to use a FC1 spellbook would only get you to FC3 and you'd have to be a wrestle/chiv/mage to use a FC spellbook and have it not hurt you..

As far as the GM armor being a bit harsh, someone else has mentioned it, and I'll see how it goes the first week, changes can be made..

S

Saturos

Huh? Weapons can have fc too, its not too difficult to get up to fc 4 with a wep and shield.

And one last question...
Is the "elf only" armor allowed? that bloodwood armor gives hp regen 12 and has resists far better than any type of leather or metal armor, it would give a considerable advantage to characters using it, the only reason noone uses it normally since its too expensive to make and runic armor is usually better.

M

MeMn0cH

Correct me if Im wrong, bloodwood GM armor cannot be medable either..

And the resists are standard only an HP regen bonus.. In which case if its not medable and the resists are standard I'd allow it..

Plus I dont think even if someone used FC +1 wep, shield and jewelery and their only stratagy was to holy light, there would be ways to counter this easily.

S

Safe-Haven-Jassy

Just a well placed bump, I wish you the best with this one.

G

are you actually allowed to use a fc1 shield since its not gm armor but not listed where you say what has to be gm?

M

MeMn0cH

<blockquote><hr>

are you actually allowed to use a fc1 shield since its not gm armor but not listed where you say what has to be gm?

[/ QUOTE ]

No your not allowed to use a FC1 shield during restriction weeks. Only item slots without property restrictions are jewelery and weapon. Unless the weapon is an arty/marty.

G

ahh ok

assumed shields with just casting would be allowed :O

M

MeMn0cH

I see shields as armor, and armor is said to be GM only :O

I

imported_SavageSP

If Lowly half trained Savages are welcome, Halex the Savage would like the chance to scalp a few Humans and Elfs, or just be warm up target practice.
*shakes spear at contestants in defiance* Zabu Tribal Gold donation 25K for first week. 200 218 798

M

Masumatek

I guess i'll enter.

Oh one last observation. How are you going to know if people have reflect or reactive pre-casted? You can't even tell yourself unless you count up each resist individually if you have resist.

M

MeMn0cH

<blockquote><hr>

Ward removal them

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo.. Ward removal talismens.

D

Dor of Sonoma

<blockquote><hr>

So what time is this thing anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]
Wondering that, too :)

Is it still set to start 4 hours from now, Memnoch?

M

MeMn0cH

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

So what time is this thing anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]
Wondering that, too :)

Is it still set to start 4 hours from now, Memnoch?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes ma'am

3:59min from now.

M

Masumatek

<blockquote><hr>

sign the old DT up...

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't.